Surprise... Kiss?

A Maid's Heart

*What should I do….. SHINee just lost their manager and its all my fault! I should've just run away if I knew I would be ruining peoples' dreams. How are SHINee going to get money to support themselves?* Suddenly, horrific scenarios entered your mind.

 

Minho smiling while serving customers at KFC. "You want 3 Wicked Wings? That will be 3,000 won please" and he accepted the money but also appreciating the notes as if he had never seen the South Korean currency notes before. All of a sudden, he started rubbing them on his face and breathed in the smell of cha-ching. "Wow…. Real money.. I haven't seen these in years. They've only been in computer screens for as long as I can remember" he cried dramatically.

 

Taemin was a waiter at a coffee shop but spills the drinks everywhere, burning himself and wetting the customers. Managers scream at him everyday but he never improves. But he does seem to like the idea of being a cute waiter and regularly takes selcas to post on his twitter account which has…. 2 followers?! "My mum and dad must be so proud of me!" he grinned.

 

Onew was a driver for school excursions. He would drive non-stop for hours and could only get 30 minutes of sleep everyday because the teachers are always organising "fun activities" to keep the students motivated to come school. But….. he does not look happy. With a donut in one hand and cheap coffee in the other, he places his feet on the steering wheel and watches soap opera on his iPad every chance he gets. "Please, girlfriend! You can do better than him. He ain't good enough for you!!!" he screamed to the screen.

 

Jonghyun was busking out on the streets singing for the public but no one seems to recognise him anymore. Instead, he witnesses school girls with EXO and B.A.P posters they recently bought. He tries to reach out to them with his voice but they complain it's too dry. He slumps down wall and goes into depression.

 

Key transforms into a supermarket stock-up boy and his job is to re-stock the shelves that are almost empty. He does his job well, but with a sulk on his face because he hates his lifestyle. A woman with a baby comes up to him, asking for where the baking soda is. But when he turns his head to them and she scrunches up their nose. He has the biggest panda eyes ever, smelly B.O, terrible acne (due to the dust on the boxes) and maybe a little bit of stubble is growing. The woman backed away slowly and then broke into a run "Never mind, I'll find it myself!" she yelled.

 

You shook your head to push the thoughts away but it frightened you that it might happen. It sent chills down your spine and thus you slammed your hands on the table, scaring the living daylights out of the boys. "OH MY GOD! I just had the worst scenarios played out in my head like a HD movie! You members were all doing common jobs that regular people do but in a more… depressing manner" you cried. "I can't let that happen, I won't! You guys belong on the stage and I will make it my life goal  to get you back on track and claim the Hallyu band title you once and still have! With a better manager!" You pumped your fist into the air, allowing the boys to see how resolved you were.

 

SHINee exchanged glances and Key burst out chortling. "Wow, you are the stupidest person alive! You really thought that we would be working in shops?! Like normal people?!" He said it in such a way that it seemed like he thought humans were bugs. "Hel-lo? We're SHINee. We've got millions of fans and we're definitely not disappearing just to… I don’t know, work at some fast food chain ya know?"

 

You giggled and sat back down. "That's right, you guys are SHINee… That definitely wouldn't happen, psht no. I know better than that. I think" you said, uncertain. "A-anyways! I'll think of something! If we need a new manager, so be it. I'll find one! How hard can it be? There's plenty of managers to choose from!" Confident, you placed your hands on your hips and beamed. "So, can I go to the company tomorrow and ask?"

 

And of course, Key had to ring in with his unwanted remarks. "You? Find us a manager? Great! Get ready guys, for a lifetimes' worth of busking!" he said sarcastically. That was the last straw from this twerp. Your patience wasn't very long to start and he'd repeatedly shaved it off with his tongue since you got here. Or maybe he was already doing it since you were in your mum's womb!  So you marched right up to his face and positioned your index finger in front of his chest.

 

"You just wait, Key" you said, giving him a poke. "I'll get SHINee a manager, all right. I'll get the best one in Seoul. And when I find him, I'll have you on your knees apologising for having dissed my abilities." You gave him one last poke before excusing yourself and strutting to your room, feeling sooooooo awesome. The members sniggered quietly, taking a liking to that newfound attitude of yours. But Key stood there, just staring into space. He felt weird. He wasn't angry or annoyed, but felt somewhat comforted that you were determined to help them so much. It felt like he had finally met someone that was his match. *Not bad, ~~~~~. Not bad…*

 

Sitting down on the roll-y-chair you found in a corner of the closet, you were on the MacBook (which you had also very conveniently found next to the chair) searching up some profiles of any available. It was easier said than done, because it was hard finding them online. You scanned through pages, links and pop-ups (with the annoying music that doesn't shut up) but all you found were some dodgy websites with grown women wearing skimpy outfits saying that they could do "Anything~" And that ain't no sounded too good to you.

 

Three and a half eye-straining hours later, you pushed back from the desk and sighed. *Gosh, I sounded so promising back then. I really don't want to let them down. Especially after showing all that to Key. I will make him recognise me as a proper maid. And not some useless trash picked up from the street.* You weren't exactly sure where all your sudden confidence and oomph came from, but you liked it. It kinda kept you from letting others push you around.

 

You were going to call it a night and take a nice shower when a light knock stopped you in your tracks. "Who is it?" you asked.

 

"It's Minho."

 

The sound of his soothing voice sent lightening charging down your spine and you sat down on your bed, crossing your legs and trying hard to look normal. But model-like too. If that was possible. "Come in" you said sweetly. The door opened slightly and Minho popped his head in. He smiled at the sight of you and unconsciously, you smiled too. "Am I interrupting you?" he asked and you shook your head. Minho looked pleased and sat next to you.

 

Having alone time with Minho wasn't all that abnormal but when it did happen, you felt all fluffy and warm inside, like you were lying on a giant white cloud on a sunny day. "That was something" he said, amused. "You, telling Key off. All that determination. It was shocking but… very nice. Where did that come from?"

 

Chuckling, you didn't quite know how to answer. "Actually, that just slipped out of my mouth. Didn't really plan on that but….." you trailed off. "I just, didn't want to get put down by him anymore you know? Like, I know he doesn't mean it really badly but I just want him, all of you guys in fact, to think of me as capable and trustworthy. And if I can't help you in these kind of situations, then what right do I have to stay here? I might just be a maid, but I want to do more than just clean and cook. I want to help, give advice and be a friend to SHINee. That's what this job means to me" you confessed.

 

Minho didn't know what to say and stared at you in awe for a few minutes. Embarrassment washed over you like a tsunami and  you faced away from him. "Uh… Sorry about that! I know I'm weird, thinking too much about my job. Normal people usually just  complete their tasks and yeah. You can just forget about every-"

 

Next thing you know, one hand cupped your cheek, turned it around and your eyes were just millimetres from Minho's closed eyes. But more than that… you realised… that something warm and soft was pressed against your lips. And it all became clear.

 

Minho was kissing you.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy cow, I surely didn't think that I'd do that but… thought the story needed some OOMPH and there you go!! Enjoy my latest chapter uploaded after my ridiculous hiatus. Sorry Ididn't tell you guys~ ><

 

Stay sweet ^^