Lesson One: Learn from Minho i.e. the Mother

A Maid's Heart

"~~~~~-ssi, please wake up" said a voice.

 

You grumbled and turned around in bed, blocking out the voice in one ear using the soft mattress.

 

"~~~~~-ssi, it's time for you to wake up" said the voice again.

 

You flailed your arms around as if it would shoo the person away. Still closing your eyes,  you hoped that the annoying person who kept calling you would zip it.

 

Through your ear that wasn't pressed against the mattress, you could hear that person sigh and walk away slowly. Smiling slightly, you thought that you would finally be left alone so you could get your beauty sleep. It's not easy cleaning up a whole house that looked like it had been attacked by a tornado, a hurricane and a tsunami all by yourself!

 

Just when you were about to drift off to sleep….

 

"~~~~~-SSI, WAKE UP!" The person shouted at the top of their lungs and shook you back and forth like you were some kind of pizza dough about to become a pizza. You felt like you were spinning around in a crazy vortex and when your eyes finally opened, you could see Minho standing in front of you with his hands on your body.

 

"Minho-ssi…." you grumbled. "Were you the one who woke me up…?"

 

He sighed and placed his hands on his hip and he looked serious. "~~~~~-ssi, have you forgotten? Today was the day we agreed that I would teach you cooking so you could cook for the members when we're busy."

 

Suddenly, you remembered the night before that Minho was comforting you and that he had promised to teach you the cooking skills….. he had inherited from his mother if you hadn't forgotten. You then shot up straight, not wanting to waste anymore time. Hey, who in the world has been lucky enough to have a one-on-one cooking lesson with Minho? But when you tried to get off the bed, your foot got caught in the quilt. There was a scream, a thud and then you had turned into a messy girl pile in front of probably one of the most handsome guy on earth. *Oh. My. GOSH! So embarrassing...*

 

You cringed at what Minho would do next. Maybe he'll laugh because you look so stupid or maybe he might tell everyone about what his maid does in the morning. Expecting the worst, you kept your head down and did not want to see the disappointed (or laughing) face of Minho. So you were surprised when you saw a hand in front of you and a "Are you okay?"

 

Looking up, you could see how worried Minho was and felt a warm and happy feeling inside. *I'm so lucky to know someone like Minho. So nice…. At least he's not like a CERTAIN diva in the house!* You placed your hand on his and when he lifted you up, you felt like you were flying for an instant. "So strong…." you muttered.

 

"Sorry, Minho-ssi. For waking up so late. Um, after I get changed can we get ready to start?" you asked. Minho smiled warmly and nodded. After he had left to prepare the things in the kitchen, you quickly threw the quilt to one side and ran into the walk-in closet. *Hmm…. What should I wear today? Probably something nice since I'll be cooking with Minho. Heehee~*

 

You flicked through hangers holding the most beautiful clothes you had seen and struggled to pick only one outfit. After 10 minutes of debating on which clothes to wear, you finally settled on something pretty but subtle. With your hair in a bun to keep it out of your way, you sported a thin white blouse with a black collar, a black skirt with white roses and a pair of black coloured flats. You originally wanted to wear the 10cm navy blue heels with studs but maybe you thought that Minho would go crazy from you clacking your way around the kitchen. On your way out, you had one last look in the mirror to check that you looked good from head to toe. "Perfect" you whispered and walked out.

 

When you had arrived at the living room, you could see Minho in the open kitchen wiping everything until it started to blind you. *Wow…. I don't think I've ever seen such shiny utensils and bench in my life…. Minho-ssi is really something….*

 

When you were walking over to Minho, he could hear your footsteps and he greeted you with a smile. However, that smile turned into an impressed look after he had taken a look at your outfit and your neat bun. "Wow, ~~~~~-ssi. You look good. You look like a rich girl from the clothes you've chosen. The brands are good too" he said.

 

Smiling, you looked at your clothes and appreciated your fashion sense too. But then something hit you and made you think of something different. "Brands…? I've been wanting to know but I guess I forget to ask you but where are these clothes from?" you asked curiously.

 

Minho looked up and thought about where the beautiful clothes came from. "Right, now I remember. Famous designers wanted to make clothes for our future girlfriends because…. Well, I don 't know why but they just did. Probably because they had so much free time. Since we're so busy all the time and don't have the freedom or time to date, we just hung them in your closet. Everything is from designer stores and  most of them are one-of-a-kind and the least expensive clothing costs $980" he said calmly, seeming like $980 were the price of all his shirts.

 

Your eyes almost popped out of their sockets and you couldn't think properly at that moment. "Ni-ni-NINE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DOLLARS?!" you shrieked. "Oh my gosh, so these clothes are for your future girlfriends? I'm so sorry I didn't ask earlier and just wore these to cook. I'll go quickly change" you said. *No wonder everyone was looking at me…. They probably recognised the brand and thought I was some CEO's daughter or something...*

 

Turning around, you were about to dash into your room and change when Minho grabbed your arm and stopped you. "Ah, no! It's okay. When we do get girlfriends, we'll buy clothes for them. But for now, you can wear these clothes, ~~~~~-ssi. You do look beautiful in them. It would be a waste of these clothes if anyone but you wore them" he said sincerely.

 

Blushing, you thanked Minho and quickly changed the subject so that you wouldn't start releasing steam from your cheeks because of your blushing. "Ah, Minho-ssi. What will we be cooking today?" you asked. He smiled and pointed to a pot and some pans.

 

"Well, since it's the first dish I thought of starting with something simple like kimchi jjigae and Korean pancakes. How does that sound? It's my mum's recipe and I can't find another restaurant that beats her ones. Seriously, these ones are killers!" Minho said enthusiastically. For a moment you left earth to think about how adorable it was for Minho to think his mother's cooking was the best and how nice it was of him to teach you. You snapped out of your trance when Minho's face came closer to yours and waited for your response.

 

"Oh, right. Yeah, it's a great idea! I love eating a good jjigae and some pancakes. I can't wait anymore so lets get started!" After you had mastered the basic dishes, it was time to move on to the more difficult ones! For the rest of the day, you and Minho had great fun cooking up numerous foods such as jjajangmyeon, spicy seafood noodles, kimchi, naengmyeon,  spiced chicken, ddeokbokki and more food than the whole of SHINee could eat. By the time you've finished, the whole table was crammed with dishes fighting for space. Some plates were actually one nudge away from falling off the table.

 

"Woah!" you and Minho said in unison as you two plopped onto the sofa and wiped away your sweat. "I am so tired from standing up all day cooking…. But it was fun! Thank you, Minho-ssi! I've learned so many new techniques such as slicing meat and making kimchi. I think I'll be able to have my own cooking show now!" you joked. Minho laughed at your humour and your whole body went warmer from hearing it. No need for heaters now! There's only one person and that's Minho who could make you feel like the happiest girl on earth.

 

"~~~~~-ssi, you're quite the natural. I only demonstrated once and it seemed like you've cooked at a five-star restaurant! I've got to say, you're definitely the best maid we have ever had since our debut" he complimented. You giggled and could've continued the happy atmosphere if a loud band didn't make you jump out of your seat. Turning around, you could see the members are SHINee looking…. anything but shiny. Their clothes were drenched and the look on their faces made them seem like they wanted to strangle someone.

 

While wondering why they were so wet you suddenly realised that it was pouring rain. You looked out the window and saw a flash of light before hearing the thunder crash above the city of Seoul. "Are you guys okay? Let me go get some towels before you catch a cold" you said before scuttling off to find some dry towels.

 

Key sighed before walking over to Minho. "Minho-ah, why did you cancel your schedule today? You knew that one million dollar CF deal with Etude House was something you had been wanting for for a long time. Practically all your products are from Etude House and I remember you refusing to buy from anywhere else but there! Why did you cancel it?" he asked before looking at the sofa where you had been sitting. "Is it because of her?" His voice was icy and hard.

 

"Look, Key. I know you want what's best for me but staying here with ~~~~~-ssi was something I felt like I had to do. Hey, what you said to ~~~~~-ssi was pretty harsh so I wanted to comfort her" Minho reasoned. "Hey, what you said was probably the most harshest thing you had ever said to any maid. Do you hate her that much?"

 

Key looked around nervously and was about to protest when you walked in, holding four fluffy towels. "I've finally found them!" you said as you handed one towel to each soaking member. While you were handing them out, Minho tapped Key on the arm.

 

"Don't let her know about me cancelling my schedule today okay?" he whispered. Key scowled when you stood in front of him, holding out a towel and snatched it away from you. Minho didn't like making Key upset but he knew that Key would keep the secret. Sighing, you gestured towards the food-filled table when everyone had finished drying themselves up. You could've sworn you saw Key smile when he saw the food and even though he might not like you, he seemed to like the food you had cooked (along with Minho) and that made you feel a sense of achievement.

 

*Maybe food can be the answer to some things….*

 

"Okay, SHINee. Let's dig in~" you cheered happily.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NAO! I have a slightly sore throat and my voice was hoarse for the day. *sigh*

But its fine! After watching Running Man, I feel better already! Do any of you guys watch it? ^^

Love that variety show! <3