True Colours and Some Bad News

A Maid's Heart

A few days passed since the press conference was held in the park. Day after day, you went with your normal routine: cooking breakfast for SHINee, cleaning the house, washing, having food breaks and finally cooking dinner for  the members when they returned from their energy-draining schedule.

 

Although you enjoyed this peace for a while, it did start to dawn on you that you were alone for most of the days and that made you feel… well, kind of lonely. Well, of course being with SHINee in the mornings and night were great fun and everything but… with all that time in between you were sort of feeling sad and isolated.

 

You didn't have any friends (excluding Minhyuk who was in the US) and although you never said anything about it, you really wanted one. Someone to talk, shout, laugh, cry with and become the one person who will stand by your side no matter what. The closest person that fits that description in South Korea was Minho but he was always busy all the time so you didn't want to distract him with your wants. He has all of his schedules to deal with!

 

Sighing, you slowly mopped the marble floor and created your perfect friend in your mind. First and foremost, you wanted them to be a girl because you've actually never really had a friend that was a girl before. For most of your life, you've seen countless dramas, movies and anime with girl besties talking through the night, sharing secrets, having midnight snacks, giggling until they cried and so much more. *One day...* you though when you were small, *I'll find someone like that! A true friend that will be with me forever~*

 

Then, you thought about personality. Maybe a bubbly and happy girl that is always beaming and giving off good vibes. But when you have a serious problem, they'll listen carefully and help you. For the looks department, you didn't really mind because it's the inside that's important, not how you look!

 

You were so happy imagining  that you didn't notice a hook that got attached to the balcony walls. Soon a thump and an "Ow..." was heard and you quickly spun around. As soon you caught sight of what had happened, you dropped your mop and gasped.

 

Sitting on the balcony tiles was a girl with her head bent down and rubbing her bottom. You could see that her other hand was holding onto a rope and you followed it with your eyes and found the end knotted on the hook that was attached to the balcony. *Omo…! HOW ON EARTH DID SHE GET UP HERE?!*

 

Wanting to confirm who the intruder was, you stepped to the balcony glass door and slid it open. The girl -hearing the noise- immediately looked up and gasped. "Omo… Who are you, a maid?" she deduced by your apron and fallen mop in front of the sliding door. You placed your hands on your hips and didn't believe that situation laid out in front of your feet.

 

"I could ask you the same thing. Who are you and why did you trespass onto private property?! I can call security up here you know" you said sternly. The girl quickly got up and fixed her clothing. Bowing, she started introducing herself.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kang Runa and please don't call security…! Really, I'm not dangerous at all. I mean, look at me. Do I really look like someone that will harm people?" You scanned her from head to toe and by the over-sized pink bunny knit, purple beanie, black tights and ribbon boots, she did not look like someone  who belonged on a wanted poster.

 

"Okay, you look harmless but what are you doing here?! Did you get lost on the way to the mountains and decided to scale this building instead?" you asked. Hey, this Kang Runa could quite possibly be a sport-loving gal who loved to climbed mountains. But the mountains were far off and so she decided to do her exercise by climbing the tallest building around: The Serenity.  Kang Runa then reached into her shoulder bag and pulled out a notebook, pen and camera. *Uh… oh….*

 

Then she straightened up and put on her best professional expression. "I'm from SBS and my business here is to interview you and hopefully the members of SHINee. I would've went to your park-conference-thing if I did not sleep in, but who cares! Will you let me interview you?" she asked eagerly, her face shining.

 

You looking at her, uncertain as to what you should do next. *I don't know if I should answer her questions… I mean, what would happen if I said something wrong? She'd have it recorded down for eternity! And…. I might even get fired!! Better not get too associated with this girl* "I'm so sorry but I don't think I can go through with this interview. Besides, SHINee isn't even here. They're out, doing their work" you explained.

 

Kang Runa's smiling eyes and cheerful smile fell and she looked at you with her puppy eyes. One that was so strong, it was impossible to reject her requests. "Please…. I climbed all this way up here. It was really painful, especially when I didn't have any safety equipment with me. At least a couple of questions...? I promise, it'll be quick!" Runa begged.

 

Looking into her eyes, it got harder for you to decline. Hey, a girl who scaled The Serenity definitely deserved some points! You had a really bad feeling about accepting this but you would've felt so bad if you let this girl leave without gaining at least something. Sighing, you gestured her to come in. "Here, sit down and I'll answer only a few questions okay?"

 

Kang Runa squealed and jumped in, expressing her happiness. You smiled at her enthusiasm and sat down, opposite of her. "Would you like some water?" you asked but Runa shook her head. "Okay then, let's get started."

 

With her notebook and her pen ready, Runa began asking her questions.

 

"So, how is it? Working for SHINee? Is there a lot to clean up after or are they nice and clean idols?"

 

From your experience with the reporters at the park, you now know that you need to carefully choose your words so that the members wouldn't suffer any negativity. So you smiled naturally, and lied as best as you could.

 

"Well, it's actually really easy being SHINee's maid. The members are all really tidy and neat so there isn't really much work for me to do. In fact, if SHINee could cook and clean the house by themselves, I would probably be put out of work!"

 

*Wow, what a big lie…. Whereas in reality they probably need a whole mansion of maids to clean up after these four boys and one gorilla*

 

Runa nodded and quickly jotted down every word you had said. You then had a moment to wonder why she didn't get a recorder instead. It would make her life a whole lot easier. It'd also make the interview pass by quicker too. You waited patiently for her to finish writing and to ask you more questions.

 

"So, you probably see SHINee everyday then right? Do you like any of them? Have you seen them take off their shirts? Did you go into their bedrooms?" Runa asked with a sly expression. You were surprised by her questions as they were very personal and… it was hard to answer "correctly". So to play it safe, you decided to not answer that one.

 

"Pass"

 

Runa nodded and just as she opened to ask something, the door swung open and SHINee's manager walked in. You froze and didn't know how he would react to the stranger in his client's living room. But your curiosity were then answered as his face gloomed and clouds gathered in his eyes. "Who... may this be?" he asked, with a hint of annoyance.

 

You stood up immediately and tried to defend your position. "Oh, Sungmin-ssi! You're back? Well, uh… this is Kang Runa and she's a reporter!" you said happily in an attempt to let the sun shine through the grey clouds. To your dismay, it only got worse from that moment.

 

"…Reporter…?!" Now he was growling.

 

You mentally pinched yourself for saying anything. But since you started, you had to finish it. "Please, don't get the wrong idea! You see, she actually climbed this building and arrived on the balcony. I never expected it and I certainly didn't want her to stay but since she said she'd leave after-"

 

Kim Sungmin held up his hand for silence and you clamped your mouth shut. He slowly walked to the door and opened it. "Reporter, I think it's time for you to leave now" he said, holding in his anger. Kang Runa definitely got the point and shoved everything back into her bag. She was walking to the door when she turned around and smiled. "See you again~!"

 

The manager slammed the door and walked over to you, his eyes spouting fire. ""What… was a reporter doing in this house?!" he shouted. As you were about to justify your case, he cut you off and kept on raging.

 

"I- I- I can't believe that you would do this to us. After all that I gave you, this is how you repay us?! By telling a reporter everything that you know?! Tell me, you're with her aren't you? You schemed to play maid all just so you could get close to SHINee and reveal everything! The scandal was phase one. Oh, I should've known! The moment you got involved in that scandal meant you were bad news. You know, from then on, my liking for you has disappeared!"

 

You tried to calm Sungmin-ssi down but his anger made him out of control. "Please, Sungmin-ssi…. If you'd just let me explain I'm sure-"

 

"EXPLAIN?! Don't worry lady because the only people you're going to explain to is your parents. Do they know? That their daughter is out trying to destroy lives? Or do you lie to them as well? Ha! I wouldn't be surprised!" he bellowed. The manager started to scare you and right now, Kim Sungmin was not the man you used to know.

 

Now, tears started forming. He had a right to be angry with you but not to the point of saying such harsh things!

 

"I'm sorry Sungmin-ssi. But I swear, I don't know that girl. She's just someone I met!" you protested. Sungmin stomped over to you, grabbed your shoulders and squeezed them. Hard. He placed his face right in front of yours and thunder was brewing in his eyes.

 

"Right now I don't and will never believe in anything you say. I was stupid for thinking we ever needed you. My boys and I don't need your service anymore. I'll just tell the members that you're a scammer, liar and a manipulative fox! That you only act innocent but on the inside, you're Hades. You disgust me and don't let me see your dirty little face again! You're..."

 

"….fired" he hissed.

 

With burning tears streaming down your face, you released yourself from his grip and ran. Away from Kim Sungmin, The Serenity and…. away from SHINee.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wah, this scenario just popped into my head and before I was thinking of something completely different. Haha, as they say: "expect the unexpected"!

 

:D