Operation: Saving SHINee

A Maid's Heart

*As if my life isn't complicated enough already, what is this guy thinking?!* Unbelief and shock came like  wave over your body as your brain processed the sentence that was simple but chock full of power. Though you tried to form words, your tongue felt heavy and dry, your head was hurting and you were just downright confused.

 

"Um… Onew-ssi. You do realise the situation your group is in right now, don't you?" you asked carefully. Hey, maybe the guy had to much chicken as a snack or something. You heard from countless girls walking past talking about SHINee and sometimes overhear that Onew LOVES chicken. You never really know when a chicken maniac eats chicken anyways. However, Onew just smiled and nodded. "The situation. You know? Right now. Reporters" you reinforced again with broken sentences to really make sure this guy got it through his head.

 

Again, he just nodded and smiled. *Oh MY GOSH! How dense can this guy get?!* If you didn't have any self-control you would've stormed into the kitchen, grab a wooden chopping board and slap him across the face with it. However, no one knew you thought like that except yourself so you tried -for the final time- to sort this matter out.

 

"Uh… If you hadn't realised by now… well, you should've… Anyways, I just got two of your members in a sca~ndal" You dragged out the word for emphasis and hopefully would be rewarded with realisation. "And I don't have time to go out with you right now. Your manager strictly ordered us to stay inside and there are probably tons of reporters waiting in front of this building to snap a photo of either SHINee or myself and make this story even bigger than it already is. Do you understand now? Why I can't be hanging out with you, having fun while SHINee are stuck in their room waiting for the media to die down?"

 

Onew's eyes flickered down and seemed to understand. You breathed heavily, releasing the tightening of your chest from explaining to Onew. *I'm sorry… As much as I'd love to get to know you more, I just can't leave these two guys alone...*

 

But Onew looked at you again with the kind eyes he always has. "I know this probably isn't the best time for a date but I need to talk to you and show you something really important. Trust me, this isn't the usual 'going-to-the-Han-River-and-having-a -picnic' date. This date involves confidence, trust, bravery and is something that will be of great help to Jonghyun and Taemin. Hey, if we do well, then the rumors surrounding SHINee and the mystery girl will disappear. That is - if you're willing to go through with it."

 

Your eyes lit up at the sound of helping Taemin and Jonghyun out. "You're… serious right? We can actually do something to help those two?" Since you were the main reason for this scandal, you'd do anything to put things back in its place.

 

Onew smiled and his face seemed so genuine and warm that he made you feel secure and that he was a person you could trust. Then, his face turned serious and it was finally time to put the "date" into action.

 

"Okay, so first - A pen and a piece of paper. Have you got any?" Onew asked. Immediately you ran to the numerous drawers and cupboards looking for the required items. You opened and looked at many of the furniture  but you could find the objects.

 

"Onew, don't you know if you have those things?" you asked. After all, the people who live in the house should know it like the back of their hand. He scratched his head and has a sheepish look. *That doesn't look like a good sign…*

 

He looked at you with an unsure expression. "Well… we don't really write that much at home so I don't really know if we do have any at all..." His voice trailed off and felt slightly embarrassed. Your jaw dropped. This was the first time you had met someone who didn't have the basic stationary in their house. Even you did! But suddenly, you remembered one place you hadn't looked - your room.

 

Dashing into your lavish bedroom, you made a beeline straight to your blue desk and violently pulled out the drawers. Onew had followed you into your room and when he saw you act like that, he gasped and couldn't believe this crazy raging girl was the person he was talking to a few minutes ago. *~~~~~-ssi really does have many sides to her, doesn't she?*

 

At the bottom-most drawer, you found a couple pieces of paper and two blue pens. You happily grabbed them and showed Onew, who also was in joy. He walked over, took the items from you and quickly scribbled something on. You tried to look but he was bending over so much that his back blocked the way and he had written so fast, by the time you walked over to the side of the table to look, he had already finished.

 

You pointed to the piece of paper now hidden behind his back. "What did you write?" He smiled and shook his head while slowly edging towards the door.

 

"I'll tell you later but for now, we need to get down to the lobby immediately" and just like that, he ran out the house door and ran away. You screamed after him to wait for you but he had already left. Though you didn't really know what was going on, you followed Onew and took the elevator down. *Man, he didn't even wait at the elevator...*

 

The moment you stepped out of the elevator, you heard chatter and quickly hid behind a giant vase displaying beautiful baby's breath.  Surprisingly, it hid your entire body and since the flowers were stretched out and had some spaces in between the stalks, you peeked through a hole and gasped.

 

Outside the Serenity's super-clean glass doors and walls, you could see reporters camping outside eating, sleeping, talking, adjusting their camera lens, cleaning their camera lens and many holding their camera right below their faces - all for the sake of taking the perfect photo. Thank goodness the staff had decided to lock the doors, (to keep out the paparazzi only). Otherwise they would've been sitting inside the building which would make things worse. You scoffed. *Yeah, they'd totally want the perfect photo to ruin someone's career!*

 

Whilst you were getting caught up in cursing and getting angry at the reporters, you heard a 'psst psst' noise and looked around to see if you could find the source of the sound. Finally you saw Onew crouching down and hiding behind the reception desk, right next to the receptionist. You realised that it was still the same one as the man you met on the first day of work. "Does he not notice…? Or maybe he's just being kind and helping Onew-ssi? Anyhow, he must be a nice guy, covering for him like that" you muttered quietly.

 

You wanted to talk to Onew and verify some questions but between the giant vase and the reception desk was quite a long empty distance  which meant that if you tried to run to him, the reporters would realise and the camera flashes would start going off. "Oh… What do I do??" There had to be some way to distract the reporters, even if it was just for a moment. Then at least you could run to Onew or the two of you could go back up to the house and do something else.

 

 But Onew had already figured a way of communication even when you two were far away. He got a piece of paper from the your drawer and quickly wrote down something down. He showed the paper to you but because the pen he was using was thin and you were far away, you couldn't make out the words and so you pointed to your eye and crossed your arms to make an 'X'. You mouthed "I can't see!"

 

Onew dropped the piece of paper and rummaged around for something darker and hopefully, something thicker to write with. At last, he found a black permanent marker and wrote the same thing down.

 

I gave the piece of paper I wrote on previously to the receptionist. When I give him the signal, he'll walk to the entrance and read out what I wrote.

 

Onew then picked up another piece of paper to finished what he wanted to say.

 

Whilst he has their full attention, we'll go out through the door behind you which leads to the side of this building. After that, we can leave and HELP TAEMIN & JONGHYUN!!!

 

Nodding , you thought that Onew's plan was a great idea. *Who knew Onew-ssi was this smart? I certainly wouldn't have thought of it* You watched as Onew tugged at the receptionist's black satin pants and the plan was taking place. As planned, the receptionist grabbed the piece of paper from the marble table and started walking towards the door. From his matching black satin suit jacket pocket, he grabbed a single golden key and with a clack, unlocked the door and walked out.

 

Well, he certainly got their attention by just doing that as reporters ran up to him, attacking him with questions and pressing microphones to his face. However, in the midst of this madness the receptionist kept his cool and calmly read out the words written by Onew.

 

It was the perfect moment and Onew started to run from behind the desk as quick but low as he could, taking your hand in the process and dashing to one of the exit doors that was conveniently behind you. The two of you pushed open the door and quickly closed it behind you, so that the camera couldn't capture the opened door and receive suspicions.

 

You leaned against the door and put your hand on your chest, feeling your heart pounding and slamming against your chest. The rush of adrenaline was strange but it felt good and somewhat refreshing. "Woah, I have never felt something like this in my life! It's so exciting and cool! I felt just like James Bond or something~" you said and started imagining yourself jumping off trains and planes. Onew smiled at your cuteness and straightened up.

 

"Oh, and by the way…" you said after regaining your human senses. "What did you write on that piece of paper anyway? Was it something weird? Or was some joke that would make the reporters ticked off?"

 

Onew shook his head. "No, I wouldn't lie or treat the entire media like that. What I do and write is complete honest and true." You opened your eyes bigger and made your ears concentrate on his next words. It was killing you not knowing what Onew had written.

 

"Get ready ~~~~~-ssi, because we're going to have a mini press conference with those reporters you just saw."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG, I'M SO HAPPY~~~~~~~~~~~~~! ^^

Okay, this may be irrelevant but…. I GOT A U-KISS 'MOMENTS' CD FROM MY FRIEND! SQUEEEEEEEEE! My absolute FAVOURTIE boyband! KYAK! >///<  (It was a Christmas present) OMG SO HAPPY!

Screamed in public but NO MATTER! Hehehe, now I got U-KISS in my house…. With me. Puhuhuhu

 

Okay… back to the topic: Having a press conference with people from places like the news, SBS, KBS AND MBC??? OMG, that seems kind of scary if you think about it. Especially if it's about a scandal. What would you guys do? Would you get sweaty hands, burst into tears, run out of the meeting or would you take control and straighten everything out like a super woman?

 

-insert Superman song- :D