The Talk, Sprinkled with a Little Fun

A Maid's Heart

"Okay, have a seat" and you gestured for Jonghyun to sit down. But when he did, you couldn't help but notice the large gap between you two. *What was I expecting, that he'd warm up to me right away? In your dreams…

 

…maid*

 

You cringed as you referred to yourself with that word. But then, you thought about why it made you so bad. Because, you did sign up for the job to become a maid in the first place. And you do clean up, cook and look after the house which is exactly what a maid does.

 

*Maybe it's because…. Being referred to as just a 'maid' that would mean… That the position I'm in would make me ineligible to like Jonghyun…*

 

You sighed, thinking about the complicated situation you're in. And since Jonghyun is not a mind reader, he thought that you were sighing because of his presence. *Oh man… ~~~~~-ah is totally angry at me. Not that I blame her. But what should I do? Prepare a speech?* Jonghyun placed his head in his hands and started thinking about what to say in order to cheer you up.

 

7.5 excruciatingly awkward minutes later….

 

*My. GOD! WHY CAN'T I THINK OF SOMETHING?! I compose songs, so why can't I compose an apology speech?! URGHHH!!!* But then a thought hit him. The most important part of an apology should be the part where the 'Sorry' appears right? So even if he had dictated a whole apologetic essay, that would equal peanuts compared to the one word that the recipient wishes to hear. But Jonghyun also wanted to do something besides saying sorry - an action maybe. "They say actions speak louder than words" he muttered. And so he stood up, walked to face you and knelt down. Then he gently took your left hand with his right and placed his left hand on top. Your eyes widened at Jonghyun's actions.

 

"~~~~~-ah… Mianhae, for what I said this morning. I was in a terrible mood and I took it out on you. But that wasn't right. Could you…" and he used his rich chocolate eyes to stare into your soul.

 

"…forgive me?"

 

And then you felt it. The bandages that covered up your chipped heart from this morning. Jonghyun's apology was so sincere, so wholehearted, that you forgave him the second he apologised. Though it did seem like the correct situation to say "I forgive you,"  what's life without a little fun?

 

Channelling your inner 'Baddest Female CL', you stiffened up your face, straightened up your back and swiftly withdrew your hand from his. "Yah, Kim Jonghyun. You think that if you just apologise your way out of anything, that it would be okay? I've been working diligently the day I started working here so how dare you say that to me?! Just because you're an idol doesn't mean you can treat others like they're below you. In fact, I just might hand in my resignation so I don't have to deal with this anymore" and with that, you strutted away, hands on hips and swaying that booty.

 

Needless to say, Jonghyun was horrified. His eyes became saucers and his jaw looked like it would become dislocated at any moment. He turned around and screamed. "ANDWAEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ~~~~~-AH!!! MIANHAEEE!!!!! I TAKE IT ALL BACKKKKKK!!! PLEASE DON'T RESIGN~~~~!"

 

It took all of your willpower to not burst out laughing like a pig. But it would feel like such a waste to throw this image of Jonghyun away so… you kept run-walking away to nowhere, with Jonghyun crying and running behind you.

 

_________________________________________________________

 

Key came out of the bedroom and scratching his head, returned to the living room after watching Onew dash after you. But to his surprise, Onew was sitting at the table, sipping instant coffee and reading the newspaper like some old man. So he went up and sat next to him.

 

"Hyung, why are you here? I thought you ran after what's-her-face."

 

Onew smiled and thought about what had happened.

 

As soon as you left, Onew felt like he had to do something and after whispering something to Jonghyun, bolted out the door. He could see you, just turning a corner and was about to speed up when he felt a firm hand grip his shoulder. Onew was astonished that it was in fact Jonghyun who clung onto him. "Hyung… Wait. It was me who made ~~~~~ upset, so I should settle things. Let me go instead." Onew had wanted to be the one to comfort you but, the look on Jonghyun's face was so desperate to fix everything that even the leader couldn't object. So he patted Jonghyun's back and said "Bring her back. To us." And Jonghyun gave him a promising grin before rushing after you.

 

The leader turned to Key and chuckled. "I thought I was running after her too. But, life is all about its twists and turns. That's what makes it interesting, doesn't it?" And Onew went back to reading the news, leaving Key dazed and confused.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey-llo~~

I have FINALLY UPDATED, MIANHAEYO!

I was kind of stuck as to what the Talk would be like and I think that it is certainly lacking in a lot of areas T^T

But I aim to improve and make your reading time more happier and A-MA-ZING!

 

Thank you for sticking with me this whole time and SARANGHAE ^^