Realisation

A Maid's Heart

"Wha….. What was that for….?"

 

Spluttering, you pushed Minho away and stood up. It was really hard to believe and process what had just happened. Minho. SHINee. You. Maid. Kiss? *Holy cow. If the others find out about this, I'm dead.. But… why would Minho?* You whiped around and peeked at Minho's face, to see if his expression gave anything away.

 

However, instead of seeing the usual calm 'n' collected Minho, he looked like a lost little dog. His eyes were twice its original size and his facial muscles weren't moving an inch. You were desperate to ask for answers but obviously in the state he was currently in, it would've probably been hard to even get him to say 'Hi'. So you excused yourself and ran to the toilet, slamming the door behind you. *How will I face him now….*

 

Even after you've separated yourself from Minho, he was still sitting on the bed, looking as shocked as ever. His hand moved slowly to his lips, touched it ever so lightly, and felt the dampness from the kiss. He then dropped his head onto his hands and mentally KA-POWed himself. *What. Have. I. DONE?! I can't believe…. I just…. Gosh…*

 

Whilst the two of you were drowning in pools of awkwardness, curiosity and sheer embarrassment, none of you heard the sound of a body slumping against the wall and sliding down. He too, was drowning but in black waters and heartbreak.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next morning, you were up early. Not because you were those "active, healthy lifestyle" people that wake up at 6am and then go out for a jog. But from not being able to sleep a wink the previous night. And lack of sleep, really shows on your face; your dark eye circles popped, the bags puffed, skin was dull and you sported those half eyes that anime characters rock. You trudged to the living room and tried to collect your thoughts in the lingering silence.

 

*Ugh…… It's time to face Minho. Damn it!!! Why did he have to go and do something like that?!* You know you did harbour some feelings for Minho (who wouldn't), but it was just… too sudden? Even you didn't know why you disliked the kiss. But at the back of your mind though……. You did feel like you know.

 

*It's because you like Jo-*

 

"ANDWAE!" you screamed. "GET OUTTA MA MIND, YOU STUPID THOUGHT. I DO NOT LIKE JONGHYUN. OKAY!? I DO NOT LIKE ANYBODY! NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!" And when you said that last sentence, you spun around and immediately wished that you hadn't. Because that turn directed you to be right in front of SHINee who had so quietly walked out into the room.

 

"Oh shiz…."

 

Your eyes wondered over the members' shocked expressions until you stopped at Jonghyun, who looked like he'd just been shot. Guilt consumed you and… it didn't seem like such a bad idea to jump of the balcony today. The weather was great for self-destruction. "Did you guys… happen to.. Um, hear me?" You knew it was a stupid question but there might've been a 0.00000000000000000000000001% chance that they didn't hear anything. No one moved, expect for Taemin who was bopping his head up and down.

 

"Roger that. Um… Well, what I said just then.. It…. Uh…." You tried to explain yourself but everything just came straight from your brain. Unedited.  So you took a deep breath, and tried to explain again but Jonghyun walked right past you and pushed you aside with his strong shoulders.

 

"We don't have time for your annoying explanations in the morning maid. Now why don't you just be a dear and cook something for us"

 

Ouch.

 

Now if that came from Key's mouth, you would've dissed his attitude and throw his words right back at him. But this came from a guy who was so caring, so nice… And because it came from his mouth, it hurt so much that it made you run out of the house flustered. Nobody moved for a second, but then Onew walked over to Jonghyun and whispered to his ear, "Now is that how we treat someone we like?" and with that, the leader came running after you.

 

*What does he know….. No one knows how I'm feeling after I saw…. I saw…. That.*

 

You bolted into Breeze Field and plopped down onto the first bench you could find. You lied down and looked up at the sky, filled with ridiculously-looking soft clouds that you'd love to sleep on. But right now, you felt like a mess. First the kiss and now that unnecessary -fake- announcement in the morning… What was going on with you? You closed your eyes, and attempted to find the real reason why you felt like being ripped apart.

 

*Case number one, the kiss. SO Minho kissed me. Whatever. He probably didn't even mean anything by it and it was just an abnormal muscle reflex… thing. Okay, so I probably didn't like it only because it would make things super awkward.  That's it for that one. Now onto case two… the announcement. Hey, screaming things out really makes you feel better…… or at least it does to me. Oh, but that pained look that Jonghyun gave me…"

 

And the reason hit you like a big yellow school bus. You hated the way Jonghyun had looked at you… and the way he spoke after that. You had dismissed this thought many times because it wasn't right but….

 

You like Jonghyun.

 

All this time you thought you liked Minho because he was nice and always helped you but, this hearts of yours longed to be with him. And now, you finally acknowledge those locked-away feelings you've had since you've worked as a maid. "Wow. I am stupid, taking me this long to realise… Ugh, gotta go back now, apologise and whatnot. Oh well, it's now or never" and you sat up only to be met by Jonghyun.

 

"Hey. Lets talk for a bit"

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah. The Talk. BRING IT ON~~~~~

 

And a Happy New Year to everyone ^^ Hoping your year is filled with food, sleep, and more food teehee Yesh, all I think about is food 24/7. What summer body. What diet. Huhuhuhuhuhuhu! I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays with loved ones and friends ^^

 

And it's the 20th chapter woohooo!!!! BTW, I realised that my chapters are getting shorter. Is that a problem??? Because I just felt like I need to end the chapter. But they're getting shorter.... Hmmm..... -.-