Spending the Day with Key Part 1

A Maid's Heart

It was a peaceful Tuesday morning. The birds were singing to one another, the sun was showing off its magnificent rays to the world and your quilt was protecting you from the cold that lingered in the room. It was almost the end of winter and you didn't need a calendar to know that because the weather said it all. But winter is still winter because even if the sun was out and there was no trace of clouds, it was still cold and had occasional spine-shivering breezes.

 

You jolted up from your slumber because of a sudden chilly breeze that quickly circulated your room. Blinking, you looked to the window and saw that it was half open. *I must've forgotten to close it yesterday night… Oh man, but I don't want to get out of bed. It's too cold!* Turning in your bed, you thought that maybe you could return to Dreamland when what sounded like an army jogging disrupted you. You frowned and covered your head with the quilt and hoped that somehow it would drown out the sound. Sadly, the army jogging sound suddenly started saying words and you sat upright in bed, annoyed and frustrated. "Who in the WORLD is making that sound….!!!" you growled before walking out of bed to murder them.

 

Opening your door, you were about to step out when a figure just ran past the doorway. Your heart skipped a beat in shock and you froze, waiting to see if another figure would dash their way past you. Seriously, who would want to get knocked over by some anonymous thing in the morning when they were already fuming from being woken up? *I am SO not a morning person…. I should start to though. This morning has given me many reasons to.*

 

Slowly and cautiously, you stepped out into what seemed like the wild when you saw SHINee madly running about except for Key who was sipping daintily on a cup of tea. "Um…. Is there something wrong? Why is everybody in such a rush this early in the morning?" you asked. Key looked up and as usual, scowled at your existence being in the same room as him.

 

"Eugh, what a sight in the morning. Maid, do you really think that I would appreciate you showing up when I'm drinking tea in wrinkled pyjamas and THE worst bed hair I had ever seen in my beautiful life? My eyes are burning from the mere sight of it" he snickered. You felt your hair and you hate to admit it, but Key was right. You could feel your hair sticking out in every direction and almost all of your hair was flipped to one side. You quickly ran back in, brushed your hair and changed into some jeans, a graphic tee and a varsity jacket. You checked how you looked one last time before walking out.

 

When Key glimpsed at you again, he smiled evilly. "Well, at least you've managed to save my eyes from going blind. Seriously though, could you not coordinate a better outfit than that? I'm sure that in your closet there were better clothes than this. Or maybe it's just before you make the clothes look like something you got from the trashcan" he laughed. You eyes bulged out and if he had said one more word you would've walked right up to him and slapped that smile off his face.

 

But you had just started your job and you remembered what Minho said. How Key has his own issues and that made you try to at least understand him. *Maybe he doesn't know how to solve his problems and that's why he says such things. His insults really stings but if he has something he doesn't know how to fix then I should try to help him out. Even if it means enduring everything he throws at me.*

 

You mustered up a smile and stood up straight. "Well, I apologise for my fashion sense but I was in a rush to at least get some decent clothes on. Now may I ask what all the commotion is about in the early morning?" you said in the most maid-y voice you could.

 

Key's eyebrows went up, clearly not expecting you to rebound from the thorns he had just thrown at you. He was about to tease you when he thought that talking with you would just be a waste of time. *Why do I need to talk to that peasant anyway? I've got better things to do* So he turned his head away and continued sipping his tea. "Why else would they be in such a hurry? They've got a schedule of course. Don't you know anything about being an idol?" he asked

 

You nodded understandingly and quietly admired their perseverance and dedication to their work. Because if you were an idol, you'd be a terrible one. For a moment, you imagined yourself as a star, being late to conferences, not knowing what to say in interviews and posing super ugly for photo shoots. Cringing, you were about to think about other bad things when someone bump softly into you.

 

Breaking out of your trance, you turned around to see who it was and you almost tripped when you did. Minho was standing next to you and when he had bumped into you, his face was full of concern and he looked at you carefully. "Are you okay, ~~~~~-ssi? Did it hurt?" he asked. Wow, you could've just melted right there on the spot. How can someone be so famous without letting it get to his head? Not to mention he was nice too. Unlike a certain someone who was sipping his tea.

 

You nodded and Minho smiled at not hurting you in any way. He then walked over and grabbed himself an apple from the fruits basket when suddenly Taemin, Onew and Jonghyun dashed past you and each grabbed a fruit from the basket where Minho got his apple. Minho signalled them to go and before Jonghyun left, he turned to face you. "Hey, you look nice today. Casual and everything" he complimented before smiling and walking through the door.

 

After he had left, your cheeks started to burn and your heat rate was beating faster. You touched your face and it had warmed up your hand in a matter of seconds. *Uh…. Why? Why am I feeling so embarrassed yet happy about what Jonghyun said. Whenever Minho compliments me I don't feel like this… There's probably something wrong with me.* You slapped your cheeks before turning around and saw Key still sitting peacefully, watching you while finishing off his drink. "I-Is something the matter?" you stuttered. He studied you before standing up.

 

"No. It's just that it was weird of Jonghyun to say that about your outfit. Couldn't he tell that it was terribly matched and that you had just totally offended the designer with how you wore those pieces of art? I guess I'm the only person in this house that really understands what true fashion is" he sighed. You narrowed your eyes and clenched your fists.

 

"Aish…. Just when I start to feel happy you shoot everything down?!" you muttered. But then you remembered something that was at the back of your mind when you saw Key finishing off the tea. "How come you're not going with the others? ...Are you skipping your schedule?!" you accused. Hey, he seemed like the only idol that would do it.

 

Key stared at you and gasped. "You really think that I would do something like that to my fans? To the Shawols? Please, I'm only staying at home because I've got nothing on for me today. The others have solo conferences and interviews for dramas, magazines and what not" he explained.

 

"Ah…. Is that so?" you said. *Being an idol must be hard; working long hours, practicing and singing, meeting your fans and doing countless other things - all while having on a happy face. They must be tired all the time… I should do something! But what can I do…?* You snapped out of your deep thinking and just as Key was about to walk into his room, you stopped him. "Key-ssi, is there something that the members and you like?" you asked, sort of having a plan in your mind.

 

He turned around and  wondered where this question would lead to. "What kind of things?" he said in a monotone voice like he didn't want to answer your question.

 

"Like food. You know, do you like spicy things or salty things. Rice or noodles. Cold things or hot things?" you asked, hoping to get a decent answer. Key stood still and thought about it for a moment.

 

"Well, it is winter so we like hot things and all of us like spicy things. So…. Hot spicy things. Preferably something to share. Why? Are you going to make something for us tonight?" he asked. You smiled and nodded enthusiastically. "Well, I hope whatever you make isn't going to kill me because I have fans to attend to tomorrow" he said. You smiled and pointed to Key.

 

"Of course the food isn't going to kill you. Because you're coming with me!"

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay~ Another chapter up!

Whew, a day with Key? What could happen in a day? -cue the bickering and fighting-

Haha, it's finally the weekend, WOOOOO!

I have been waiting for these two days since the start of the week because I LIVE for the weekends and more so for the holidays~ ^^