Request

A Maid's Heart

Slowly and loudly, you dragged your feet through the streets of Seoul. You haven't felt like this since the time when you were working at KFC. Mindless, depressed and alone. You hated those feelings. Even worse when they all arrive unwelcomed at the same time. You looked up at the sky and saw thick grey clouds covering the light, not even letting the tiniest drop of sunshine seep through. Sighing, you kicked pieces of paper that flew to your feet. "What am I going to do now…?" you asked yourself.

For a second, you thought of going back to KFC. Then at that moment you got a hold of yourself and was reminded of the dull days you spent giving out faux smiles and sending people off with 3 days worth of food. *Boy, I don't want to go back to that oil-filled calorie giving junkpile of doom again. NEVEEEEER!*

 

You came to a stop in front of the giant clock towering above the park. Smiling, you remembered seeing that clock everyday and rushing to work if you were late. "Life was just a cycle for me…. A routine. Never anything new" you muttered. Then you remembered all the fun you had while you were with SHINee.

 

Cleaning their rooms, washing their clothes, scrubbing tables and cooking for the hungry members when they got home. Though it wasn't shown, every time they ate their meals and the bowls until they gleamed gave you pieces of happiness, pride and even made you feel like you were part of their family. Which obviously wouldn't happen but…. the warmth had always been there and slowly, you felt that life was worth living for.

 

Who would've thought that five boys could mean so much to a person's life? All of them - Onew, Minho, Key, Taemin and… Jonghyun. Every one treated you like you were someone special and for once, you did feel like you were loved. Man, you have not felt that way since your family dispersed.

 

Finally, you start to realise that the members were important people to you to. It didn't matter if the manager misunderstood or the members (or ONE) treated you badly, SHINee was special to you and you didn't want anyone to take that away.   It was so hard to connect with those boys and now that you did, nothing…. No one…. Will break that bond.

 

Turning on your heel, you ran back the way you came and changed your destination: the Serenity. The run took you 20 minutes and by the time you reached the entrance, you had a stitch on both sides, your throat felt like a desert and your legs felt like they could dissolve into jelly and travel into the drains. But once you pictured the smiling members in your head, all the pain and tiredness was whipped away.

 

Straightening your back and lifting your head high, you walked into the high-class building with as much dignity was a girl-with-an-apparent-bird's-nest in her hair could look. Hey, keeping your hair intact when it's loose while running isn't easy!

 

You suddenly remembered that you didn't bring your keys when you ran out of the building so you sought to ask the receptionist to ask if he could unlock the door and the lift button for you. "Um, excuse me. Can you please open the door for me? I accidently left without mine" you said quietly.

 

The receptionist spun around in his chair and frowned immediately. You suddenly felt awkward as you lightly touched your hair. *Wow… Is it that bad?* But then the receptionist held up a picture of you and placed it on the table. "I'm afraid I cannot let you in as I have been told that a girl who looks like this is not allowed inside the Serenity anymore" he replied calmly.

 

You gaped at the man and laughed. "Ha! Now that was funny but sorry to say April Fools has passed. Try again next year. Now seriously, I've got some relationships to patch up and I can't do that without the key. Can I please have it?" you asked again. But the receptionist wasn't willing to be lenient and reinforced the statement he had just previously said. "You can't be serious! I work here for some people and I gotta clean up after them! Believe me, if you know what I have to deal with then you'll probably become forgetful too!" you reasoned.

 

The receptionist cleared his throat and stared at you. "Ma'am, I've been told by a person that you have recently been fired and so you have no reason to come back here. If you insist on barging in like this it doesn't look good for you and I have to resort to calling security" he replied.

 

*Oh my gosh… Sungmin-ssi actually… Woah, what a misleading person making me think he was some kind of saviour. HE'S A LIFE-RUINER!!! THAT $%@#^!!!* You snatched the picture from him and shoved it in your pocket. "Okay, okay! I'll walk out of here with my own two feet mister!" you shouted. At the back of your mind you knew that he was only doing what he was told but a girl needs to vent on someone!

 

Storming out of the doors, you stomped your feet and grunted with frustration. "Urgh, I'm such an idiot. How could I have not bring the keys with me. What's worse…. How will I be able to see SHINee again…? WHY IS LIFE DOING THIS TO ME?! HAVEN'T YOU DONE ENOUGH ALREADY?!" and you started to flail your arms about and fling your hair like crazy when your hands felt a sharp pain and you heard a "OWW!"

 

You turned around to find Jonghyun standing behind you, clutching his face. "What the hell you did that for?!" he muffled behind his hand. "My nose…. MY EXPENSIVE NOSE! Just know that this won't be the end of it. I'LL GET MY REVENGE SOMEDAY!!" and he shook his fist.

 

Feelings of shock, relief and happiness shot throughout your body as the sight of Jonghyun filled your eyes. "What are you doing here? But most importantly, HOW DID I SMACK YOUR NOSE?!" you asked. *I mean seriously, when did he appear???*

 

Jonghyun had finished rubbing his "expensive" facial feature and looked around sheepishly. "Well… I kinda, you know… Followed you?" he said shyly as his cheeks began to show colour. Your eyebrows were raised and gave him a 'You-followed-me-?' look. He suddenly got angry and told you to stop that expression - all while his face turned beetroot red.

 

"So…. Why did you follow me? Have something to say?"

 

Jonghyun was about to speak when you suddenly remembered that you should say something as well. "But first! Let me go. I'm really sorry about that scandal that happened. I really didn't mean for that to happen. Didn't really think that reporters would follow you everywhere and that girl reporter… I seriously didn't ask for her to come she just appeared on the balcony. I know. Crazy right? But yeah, I know it all sound like excuses but-"

 

Jonghyun suddenly put his hands on your shoulders and looked at you with the kindest and warmest eyes ever. "Hey" he whispered softly, "You don't have to say anything, I know it isn't your fault - none of it is! And the scandal? It hardly affects me. I'm an idol and we deal with all types of problems. Scandals is just one of them and if we can't deal with them, then we aren't the idols we strive to be."

 

"Everyone has accidents, leaks or some kind of issues. It's just an idol's ones are more.. Public. So please don't worry I've seen the way you are and by my judgement, you are nothing that the manager described you as. You're the funniest, happiest and the best girl I've ever met. And that's all that matters to me. Now, I know it's been hard and even challenging to be with us but… I'm not ready to let you go." Jonghyun held out his hand and smiled.

 

"Jang ~~~~~, will you come back to me, to SHINee and back to our home?"

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW! I HAVEN'T WROTE FOR 5 MONTHS! I SHOULD'VE SAID I WAS ON SOME SORT OF HIATUS!

I feel sharp pangs of pain whenever I see people subscribing to my stories and people commenting and reading. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! ^^

 

I HOPE TO WRITE EVEN BETTER THAT MY DINKY BRAIN CAN THINK OF AND STRIVE TO BE BETTER! (And I am slowly doing that with the support of you guys~)

 

XOXO, grassjelly