The Mini Scandal in the SHINee House

A Maid's Heart

Hanging the last piece of clothing onto the rack, you turned around to look at the view from the balcony. It was a beautiful sunny day. A bit chilly, but beautiful nonetheless. The sun's rays reflected onto building's windows and it shone a powerful light that if you made eye contact with it, your eyes would've stung. "Wow… I've never seen Seoul in such a pretty state before… Probably because I didn't care about life much back then" you uttered quietly.

 

After getting the job to work for SHINee, you now have new thoughts about life. How it could actually be fun, exciting and unpredictable. You sure wouldn't thought to have been working for top stars yesterday, that's for sure. So from now on, you would be the bubbly and optimistic girl that you were before you started pitying yourself.

 

A strong cold wind suddenly hit you and shook you out of your deep thinking. "Whew, better get back inside the house" you said, carrying the laundry bucket inside. Once you've put the basket back where it belonged, you sat down onto the sofa in front of the TV. Sure you would've liked to take a look at what dramas were on or some cartoons but you thought that that would be very un-maid like and you would look like you were slacking off.

 

But everything was done. You cleaned practically the whole house and fixed the beds for the members. You looked up at the clock and it read '4:08pm'. *What else is there to do…? There still 7 more hours until they come back and I've made a nice, clean house for them to come back to so… is something missing…?* Suddenly, a great idea popped into your head.

 

You power walked to your room and walked into your closet. You searched for a coat to go over the cardigan and dress you were wearing because it was too light and at the end of the rack, you found a light brown trench coat. "Perfect" you whispered. Walking around, you found a coat hanger but instead of coats, pretty and cute small bags were hanging off it. "Daebak, it's so cute~" you squealed like a little kid.

 

Slowly, you walked around the hanger to look for a bag that suited your look. You found a cobalt blue saddle bag and knew that saddle bags practically could go with anything. *Oh! Pretty~ I'll take this one!* When you opened the bag, there was a light green wallet inside with a giant jewel in the middle. "This… is amazing! Free wallet and bag? This job is a gift that keeps on giving. Could this get any better?" you asked excitedly. Before you left, your eye caught the shimmer of a watch and a necklace. "Oh! Accessories~ I haven't worn anything like this in such a long time. I only remember wearing a cute rainbow watch about 2 years ago. Heehee~ Memories..." you swooned.

 

Slipping on your milky white flats, you walked out of the house feeling confident and refreshed, almost feeling like a new person. But you knew that this was probably the real you, one that was happy and bubbly and confident. You walked out of the lobby and sneaked a smile when you saw the receptionist's face looking shocked when he saw you in the trench coat and saddle bag. "Hmm~ I must look good to have the receptionist looking like that, heehee" you smiled.

 

You walked around the revolving doors and breathed in the cool Seoul air. *Watch out everyone, because here comes Jang ~~~~~!*. You walked confidently, holding your head up high and keeping your back straight. A few people turned and stared at you with some even taking pictures! "Woah, I feel like some sort of celebrity… This must be what the members feel like whenever they go out..." you whispered.

 

You were walking home. Not because you were going to live there, but to take the things that you needed. The rest, you could chuck away but now, you lived in SHINee's house. You reached your old apartment and couldn't help but compare it to the Serenity. Instead of a receptionist in a suit, there was a security office that was empty and cups of cold instant noodles were left to the flies. You walked up the stairs, scowling at cigarette butts and spilt drinks. "Eugh… I've never noticed these thing before…. Gross" you exclaimed.

 

Turning the key to your house, you walked inside and without taking your shoes off, walked into your room. You opened the last drawer of your bedside desk and found your bank card that you were looking for. It was a bank account that your dad opened for you when you were 7. He told you that you should start to put some money in so that if you open it later, the interest would've made your small pocket money into something big.

 

When you were small and had parents taking care of you, you didn't care much but now that you were grown up, you're thankful that your dad made you go to the bank every time you received pocket money. "Thanks, dad. Now, I can finally spend some money for myself… and for SHINee" you said happily. Placing your card into the wallet, you walked out of the room and looked around the house. "Now, is there anything else I need to bring with me?" you asked, scanning while walking into every room.

 

Before you left, you had gotten the 20,000won from your piggy bank and the house keys. You figured that even though you probably would never need come back here again, you might want to visit and remember how you used to live. "Well, better safe than sorry" you muttered. You opened the door and took one last look at your small flat before closing the door to your miserable home. "Now, my home is at the Serenity" you said, walking down the stairs and avoiding the rubbish left on the ground.

 

You left the building and its smelly scent and started to make your way towards the bank that was about 30 minutes away from your old flat. Although you found your bank card, you forgot your PIN number in order to access the ATM so you wanted to go to the bank and sort everything out and if possible, make a new PIN so that you can remember it well.

 

Arriving in front of the bank, you looked at the tall building and the automatic doors. "Okay, here I go…. I haven't been to a bank in such long time, I feel a bit nervous… but anyways, hwaiting!" you cheered. You walked inside slowly, just in case someone was there to greet you or something. Sure enough, one of the staff came up to you, bowed and smiled. "Annyeonghaseyo, how may I help you?" the woman asked politely.

 

You cleared your throat and replied as politely as you could too. "I would like to change my PIN number because I forgot what it was and so I cannot access the ATM" you said, almost sounding like the Queen. "Of course. Please, follow me to the Teller." The woman smiled and as she led you to the Teller. But when she looked at your clothes, her smile seemed to fade and she looked… sort of shocked.

 

"Oh my go-…. I can't believe….. Well, certainly madam. I will do it as fast as I can." You could see her go into a door and reappeared behind the Teller. "Do you have your card?" she asked, sounding like she saw something breathtaking. Her eyes were staring at you, so much that she was about to make a hole through your body;  her shoulders went straight back and she positioned her arms with much thought.

 

You put your bag onto the bench and got out your the wallet. Swearing you could've heard a gasp, you handed over the bank card with the hand wearing the watch and the necklace shone in the light above you. Taking your card, the woman typed as fast as a hurricane and within seconds, you were walking out of the bank with a new PIN number (the interest racked up quite a lot over the years) and fresh crisp bills. "Okay, I've got the cash. Now, its time to shop!" you cheered and made your way to the supermarket.

Walking around the store, you felt really uncomfortable. People were staring at you and whispering while scanning you from head to toe. *Geez, I'm tired of all this staring already…. Is my dress tucked in my undies or something? Is something slipping? Why are there so many people eyeing me… I'm not BoA or anything….*

 

Deciding to ignore the stares, you walked your way around the maze of products, stopping to throw in anything you needed for tonight's dinner and for the empty -but hygienic- fridge. By the end of the shop, you had filled up four shop baskets with meat, fruits, vegetables, some snacks and NO cup noodles. "No more ramyun for them for a long time" you muttered quietly. When the cashier had finished scanning everything, you were left to carry 12 bags of groceries by yourself. "I guess its time to call for a taxi" you said.

 

By the time you've reached the street where the taxi was waiting for you, you were sweating so much from carrying five bags on each arm and moving two bags with your feet. Boy, were there more people looking at you than ever! But you couldn't wait to see the looks on SHINee's face (especially Jonghyun's!) when they would be eating something homemade for a change.

 

When you got off the taxi you were grinning so much, your facial muscles were hurting. "Well, its time to get to work!" you said excitedly and brought up all of the groceries into the Serenity. Thankfully, the receptionist was kind enough to help you carry the bags to the front of the door for you otherwise you would've been dragging bags for 20 minutes since the lobby is spacious.

 

After putting everything neatly into the fridge, you rolled up your sleeves and took out the new chopping board and kitchen utensils you bought. They weren't the expensive and super sharp ones but they cut just fine. You pondered for a while about what to cook when an idea popped into your head. *How about a feast? They've been eating out of cardboard cups for so long they probably haven't eaten anything healthy and delicious in a while...*

 

Quickly, you got out the organic chicken, spices, paste and vegetables to make a nice and spicy chicken curry that will sure to warm them up on a cold day (like today). Chopping the garlic, you thought about some other dishes to serve. "Oh, some thin French bread topped with toasted cheese should go well with that… and maybe I'll pickle some radishes and make some kimchi as well for a refreshing feeling in their stomach" you muttered happily.

 

It took almost a few hours to get the curry boiling, cook the cheese bread in the oven and finally finishing up the pickling and making of the radishes and kimchi. You stood up and stretched. "Ah~~ My shoulders are so stiff from sitting making kimchi…. Woah, it's 9:20pm already! SHINee should be home in about 40 minutes… Well, that gives the curry enough time to cook so… what should I do now? I'm done with everything" you said, looking around for something to do. "Well, maybe I'll take a nice long bath and that'll waste some time."

 

You slid into the bath with rose petals and the room had a beautiful flower aroma. *Ah…. This is how nice it must feel to have a good bath. Normally, I have to take 5 minute showers otherwise I'll need to pay more for the bills. I'm so happy I got this job. Kim Sungmin-ssi, thank you!!!*

 

You walking out of the bathroom feeling refreshed and decided to wear a pink baby doll dress with strawberries along the bottom that you got from the closet. *Nothing like a nice, hot bath!* Suddenly, the door opened and you automatically smiled. It was Jonghyun! He looked so good in his purple check sweater and skinny jeans. His hair was brushed neatly to one side and he was just…. perfect.

 

He caught you staring at him and smiled. Your heart skipped a beat and you blushed, looking away just in time to hide your flushing cheeks. "Welcome back..." you said quietly. He nodded and walked in.

 

"I'm back," Jonghyun said and then stopped to sniff the air. "Something smells nice… Like curry. Is that what we're having tonight?" he asked, smiling that 'oh-so-perfect' smile. You nodded quickly and continued to look away. He was looking at you and sensed something weird but he seemed to ignore that and… started to walk closer to you. You didn't noticed him until you saw a pair of feet right next to yours.

 

You looked up and came face-to-face with Jonghyun, his nose almost touching yours. "Hey, you know you're kind of cute. Considerate too, making something so nice for us. Let me thank you" he said quietly, his voice somehow luring you to him. But you shook your head.

 

"No, its okay. This is my job and a maid normally does these kinds of things so you shouldn't bother yourself with thanking me or anything" you said, flustered. SHINee's fans would kill to be in your position but here you are with Jonghyun standing right in front of you. But he only smiled and kept on walking closer. Without thinking, you kept on walking backwards until you bumped into a wall and had nowhere to go. He put his arm over your head and leaned in closer, his pose relaxed and calm while you were stiff and awkward.

 

"Come on, there has to be something I could do for you..." he whispered, slowly leaning in and you seriously thought that he was going to give you your first kiss. While you were thinking about whether to close your eyes or not, the door swung open and in came SHINee who immediately stopped chatting when they saw the both of you.

 

Jonghyun was leaning on top of you, only a few centimetres away from your body and his face was right next to yours and it seemed like they were interrupting something.

 

"Hyung, what are you doing to her?!" they asked in shock.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my goodness, sorry for updating so late! I recently had a pile of work to do and when I finished it, I wanted to relax so I forgot about this for a long time… I'M SORRY! >///<

I know…. I'm the worst author in the universe….

BUT I'LL MAKE SURE TO MAKE UP FOR IT BY UPDATING MORE since I've finished my work. Heehee~ ^^

Well, keep warm otherwise you'll catch a cold (if it is the cooler season) or have fun in the soft sun! (if it the warmer season)

<3

P.S - Guys, thanks so much for suscribing to my story and reading it. I'm touched~ ^^