Meet Your New PA

A Slight Ounce of Hope

Chapter 6

At the Cube building, it was Dongwoon’s responsibility to give the new employee a tour of the place. He had managed to help Samantha get a job at Cube but he did not tell her the actual job itself. From what he told her, it was a very special job. She didn’t feel to comfortable about it but he told her to trust him.

As they explored the building, Samantha was awed by the nice building with its multiple floors and many rooms. The waiting room had a big screen TV along with video games and computers. The practice room looked new and clean. There were individual recording rooms so the trainees and artists could work alone if necessary. She was too distracted by what she saw to notice her best friend trying to get her attention, “Hello?” he called to her. “Are you paying attention?”

“Huh?” she looked at him.

Dongwoon shook his head. “A.D.D. much?” he .

“I’m sorry, it’s just I’ve never seen such a nice building before,” she said. “Working here must be exciting.”

He shrugged, “I guess you can say that,” he said. “We like to blow off steam from time to time. Mr. Hong doesn’t mind as long as we get work done.”

“Blow off steam?” Samantha eyed him curiously, “Like what?”

He flashed a mischievous grin. “I thought you’d never ask,” he said, the led her away. “Follow me.”

When they reached another room, he opened the door where they watched BTOB playing ping pong and being hyperactive running around. There were so many things going on at once she was surprised they weren’t exhausted yet. Good lord, her eyes went wide. She glanced at Dongwoon, who was trying to stifle his laughter. “See what I mean when I said blowing off steam?” he asked looking at her.

“Hey, it’s Dongwoon!” Minhyuk announced to the other guys.

“Hi!” they all greeted him.

“Hey guys! How’s it going?” he greeted them back. “Having fun?”

“Yeah, want to join us?” Sungjae asked.

Dongwoon chuckled. “Not today, maybe some other time,” he said. “Anyways, I’m here to introduce someone special to you guys.”

Samantha frowned, not liking where this was going. “Guys, this is Sam. I’m sure you met her yesterday,” he introduced her to the group again. “She will be your new personal assistant.”

The room went silent. Her eyes went wide with agape. “A what?!” she exclaimed.

“Someone doesn’t sound too excited about it,” she heard Ilhoon mutter to Sungjae.

She glared at Dongwoon. “You, me, outside NOW,” she emphasized on the last word pulling him out the door.

“Their personal assistant?!” she cried. “I thought I’d be working with you and Beast… that was the deal.”

“Sorry, Sam,” Dongwoon sighed. “Some things don’t go as planned. We already have our hands full and Mr. Hong thinks BTOB might need someone like you around. You can handle them while the managers aren’t around.”

“So, in other words, I’m a babysitter,” she elaborated.

Dongwoon thought for a moment then nodded, “I guess when you put it that way, that’s it. A babysitter,” he said smirking.

“You’re not helping,” she said dryly.

He wiped the smirk off his face and his expression grew serious, “Come on, Sam. It won’t be that bad,” he said.

“Bad, you say? Did you see the way they were acting when we walked in on them? Let’s not forget about dinner last night…” she ranted.

He sighed. “They’re still rookies,” he said. “Give them a break. They still have a lot of growing to do. The least you can do is giving them a chance. For all you know, you guys might develop a bond and become close like you did with Beast.”

She sighed then thought about it. He made a point, “Well if you put it that way. You’re right. How bad could it be?”

“Besides, you have me. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to call,” he said. “Mr. Hong says your job starts today and you’ll be moving in with them. I’ll have someone bring your stuff to their dorm.”

“So much for staying with Beast,” she muttered. He heard what she said.

“You said this was only temporary, right?” Dongwoon asked. She nodded, “Well think of it as temporary. I’d hate to let you go but I have a schedule soon so I have to leave…”

She looked up at him, “Go,” she said. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.”

“I’ll talk to you later,” he said then stopped himself, “Wait, I forgot something.” He opened the door again.

The boys were sitting around doing their own thing. Dongwoon entered the room and walked over to Peniel, who was on his iPad. “Hey Peniel, you got a second?” Dongwoon asked BTOB’s lead rapper.

“Sure, what’s up, hyung?” Peniel looked up at his senior.

“As you know, Sam is going to be staying with you guys,” Dongwoon said.

The younger man nodded in understanding.

“I kind of want to ask you a favor,” he said looking over at Samantha, who stood by the door and observed the other guys. He wanted to make sure she didn’t hear what he would ask of Peniel.

“Go on,” Peniel set his iPad aside to listen to Dongwoon.

Dongwoon sighed. “Sam is going through a tough time and I know she met you before everyone else so I would really appreciate it if you could look out for her,” he said. “Can I trust you on this?”

“Yeah, sure,” Peniel nodded looking over at Samantha. “What’s going on with her?” he couldn’t help but ask.

“I’ll give you the shortened version,” Dongwoon started. “She’s in love with a guy who doesn’t care about her and she’s convinced seeing him again might change his mind but I know it won’t happen. I tried telling her but she’s too stubborn to listen. All I’m asking is for you to watch out for her, since I won’t be around her as much as I’d like. Can you do that for me?”

“Of course,” Peniel agreed without hesitation.

“Alright, thanks,” Dongwoon smiled in relief. “If something comes up, let me know. I have to get going now but don’t forget our deal, okay?” Peniel nodded ensuring he understood. Dongwoon patted his back. “Bye, Peniel. And thanks again.”

“No problem, hyung,” Peniel said glancing back at Samantha as Dongwoon went over to hug her goodbye. She looked bummed to see her friend leave.

The girl feigned a smile as she walked over to the rest of the group. “Hi guys!” she greeted them, “Do you guys need anything from me?”

“No, not really,” Eunkwang answered, looking up from his iPad.

“A cup of coffee sounds really good right now,” Changseob said from behind.

“Cup of coffee?” she repeated, “Okay! I’m on it. Anything else?” she asked looking around at the others.

“I would like a strawberry banana smoothie,” Sungjae added, “With lots of yogurt.”

Samantha took out a notepad from her purse and started jotting down the drinks. Looking at Changseob, she asked, “Do you want your coffee iced or hot?”

The vocalist thought for a moment, “Iced.”

“I would like a smoothie too,” Ilhoon chimed in.

Samantha nodded eagerly, “Okay, sure thing! What kind?” She jotted down his drink, along with the other members' drinks.

Soon, she made her way to a nearby café with the help of Hyunsik and Minhyuk. Even though she told them about going alone, they insisted on tagging along with her. “That’s so sweet of you guys,” she said shyly. “But I can handle this. It would seem unprofessional if I let this happen again.”

“Pfft,” Minhyuk scoffed. “Don’t think of it as unprofessional. Just think of us as friends helping out another friend,” he put an arm over her shoulder then winked at her. The wink alone would have made a bunch of fangirls swoon but Samantha was unaffected, which caught both guys by surprise.

“As you both know, I plan on taking this job seriously,” she removed his arm gently. “So flirting with me won’t get me to swoon like those other fans of yours. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to buy coffee for your boys.”

Hyunsik stifled a laugh watching BTOB’s visual get rejected. Minhyuk stood with his mouth agape as Samantha entered the shop before them. “Did she just reject BTOB's own visual?!” Hyunsik exclaimed then laughed hysterically.

Minhyuk could only glare at the younger guy in return, and then peered into the café at Samantha as she waited by the counter. He smiled in amusement reliving what had happened moments ago. “Oh yes she did,” he said softly then entered the building followed by a confused Hyunsik. Why the hell is he smiling? He wondered.

 

A/N: Hey guys! Here's another update. This chapter is BTOB-focused... Anyways, sorry for the boring update. I promise it'll pick up. I'm still trying to work on character development as I write. Also, I'm not sure how I should continue because there are so many things I want to add but that'll take away the plot. I'm still writing as I go. Enjoy!