The Others

A Slight Ounce of Hope

Chapter 26

“Who died and made you my father?” Samantha snorted.

“I’m not allowing you to make a huge mistake, Sam,” Dongwoon crossed his arms over his chest.

“Did it ever occur to you that I simply want to get some fresh air?” she barked back. “I’ve been lacking fresh air since we arrived here…”

“How do I know you won’t go to him?” he returned.

“You don’t even trust me,” she muttered.

“When it comes to him, no,” he replied honestly. “Just think about it, you’ll thank me one day.” He finally said and then left her alone in the hotel room.

The plan was to try to relax and go sightseeing when she got the chance but she was stuck in the hotel the whole time. It did not help that she was dreading the arrival of the others. As a matter of fact, she was not ready to face the others. With careful planning, she could leave the hotel and finally see him but Dongwoon had to make sure the staff would keep an eye on her. She wasn’t even a celebrity and yet she was being held captive.

When she had gone to meet the others in the lobby, Ailee made a beeline to her best friend. “Did you go through with it yet?” she asked immediately.

Samantha sighed. “No, I haven’t yet,” she replied indifferently. “Are you happy now?”

Ailee breathed a sigh of relief. “Thank God,” she said putting her hands on Samantha’s shoulders.

“You should check in,” Samantha shrugged off Ailee’s hands looking away. Her expression told Ailee her best friend was still angry.

“You’re mad at me,” Ailee pointed out with a shocked expression.

“I should get going,” Samantha said finally evading Ailee. “Your room should be ready so I think they’re bringing your things as we speak.”

“Answer me,” Ailee demanded as Samantha began to walk off. “You’re mad at me?”

Samantha gave her a hard look. “What do you think?”

“You can’t be mad at me and Dongwoon for trying to look out for you,” she said.

“Well, I would really appreciate it if you two just stay out of my business,” Samantha said dryly and then walked off leaving Ailee to watch her leave.

Pulling Peniel aside, Ailee had a request to make. “Look, I know she is still kind of working for you, I really need you to keep an eye on her. Dongwoon and I would really appreciate it…”

Peniel scoffed. “I don’t get why you’re asking me this favor. Sam’s matters don’t concern me anymore.”

Ailee’s eyes widened. “Did something happen? What happened?”

“Let’s just say, I stopped caring,” he replied coolly. “Sorry, I can’t help you.” He said abruptly and then walked off.

Dumbfounded, Ailee looked over at the rest of BTOB. “What happened to him?” she asked the guys.

“We don’t know,” Minhyuk said shrugging. “He’s been acting strange lately. There’s no point in asking since he won’t talk about it. We know it has to do with Sam but we don’t know what happened. What’s even weirder is him and Jihoon aren’t even talking.”

Speak of the devil, Jihoon approached her. “Our rooms are located across from each other,” he said smiling. “Maybe we could work on our routine…”

“Oh really?” Ailee replied a little worried. “That sounds nice…”

“Is everything okay?” he asked taking notice of her demeanor.

She faked a grin. “Everything’s fine,” she immediately replied. “I’m just a little worried, that’s all.”

“It’s about Sam, isn’t it?” he uttered, pain was still evident in his tone.

“I’m sorry,” Ailee replied looking away from him.

“I understand, I mean she is your best friend after all.” He said nonchalantly.

“Again, I’m sorry,” she frowned. “I’ll try to meet up with you for practice after I have a talk with her.” Jihoon nodded in agreement and allowed Ailee to wander off to find Samantha.

 

Ailee took a deep breath before knocking on Samantha’s door. “Who is it?” Samantha’s voice rang from behind it.

“It’s me,” Ailee said.

Samantha opened the door with a stoic expression. “What do you want?” she asked dryly.

“I came here to talk to you,” Ailee replied. “So can I come in?”

“Don’t you have work to do?” Samantha narrowed her eyes at her best friend.

“Not right now,” Ailee said. “Come on, just hear me out. Can you please let me in?”

After a long moment of silence and thought, Samantha moved away from the door and allowed Ailee inside.

 

A/N: Here's another boring update. I had to fill in some gaps before jumping into the next part. I've been having a hard time writing these last two chapters for a while so I'm sorry if I've disappointed you guys. I hope you enjoy nevertheless! Again, I typed through this without editing so don't mind the minor errors.