Snapped

A Slight Ounce of Hope

Chapter 16

“I’m NOT going skateboarding again!” she exclaimed as they entered the Cube building.

“I’m sorry, Sam!” Changseob apologized following her.

For the past few weeks, Changseob had attempted to teach her how to board but Samantha decided to give it up. The cuts, scrapes, and bruises were piling on her body and she couldn’t stand the pain.

They ran into Jihoon, he took notice of the bandages all over her arms and spotted the bruises. “What happened to you?” he asked, puzzled.

Samantha glared at BTOB’s vocalist, “Why don’t you ask Changseob?” she asked irritably crossing her arms.

“I was trying to teach her how to board, hyung!” Changseob answered. “I’ve been trying to tell her it’s normal to fall and get hurt but it’s no use.”

“You should’ve thought of that before you even considered teaching me!” she hissed. “I don’t have time for this! I’m getting back to work!” she walked off running into Dongwoon in the process. Before he could say something, she held up her index finger. “Don’t ask.”

Dongwoon frowned as he watched her walk off. He turned to find Changseob and Jihoon looking his way. “What happened to her?” he asked.

“I tried to each her how to board,” Changseob answered. “I mean she’s been holed up inside the dorm for who-knows-how-long and figured she might like a bit of fresh air. So I thought taking her to the skate park for lessons and fresh air might solve the problem. You’re her best friend, how long will she stay mad at me?”

Dongwoon chuckled. “She’s not mad at you,” he informed them. “She’s just mad because she failed at trying something new. Just let her cool off a bit, she’ll be nice to you by the end of the day.” He said before walking off. “One other thing, Changseob,” he turned around. “You should give up on teaching her how to board. She won’t get the hang of it. At one point she wanted to take up surfing but it never worked out because she couldn’t swim and was too scared of the ocean.”

Changseob finally nodded in understanding, “Oh,” he said. “Thanks for the info, Dongwoon.”

“Sure thing,” Dongwoon nodded. “See you guys later.” And then he walked off.

“Off to practice?” Jihoon asked his dorm mate.

“Yep,” Changseob turned to the taller one, “What about you?”

“I’m recording today,” Jihoon answered. “I should get going too. Have fun at practice.”

“Have fun recording,” then they both parted ways.

 

She was on her way to meet up with BTOB when she heard faint music in the air, along with singing. The voice was soft and very soothing to listen to, she thought. Curious, she decided to follow it, which led her down the hallway into the recording room. Looking around, she proceeded to take a peek inside.

Soon, she was listening to Jihoon recording. Samantha couldn’t help but become entranced by his voice. Finally, she got to hear him for the first time and she had to admit he wasn’t bad. He was amazing, she thought. Her thoughts were interrupted when the producer turned to face her, “If you’re gonna come inside, can you please shut the door at least?” he asked. “Thank you,” he said then proceeded to listen to Jihoon.

Jihoon took notice of Samantha’s presence and smiled to show her he acknowledged her. Samantha blushed and smiled in return as she stood and watched him. Her heart started skipping as she listened. He sang with so much emotion, she couldn’t help become awed by it. She honestly couldn’t wait to hear the rest of his album when it comes out.

When he finished, he took off the headphones and exited the room. “Good job. See you tomorrow,” the producer gave him a pat on the back then left the both of them alone.

“You finally came,” Jihoon beamed.

“I came into the wrong room by accident,” Samantha . “I’m just kidding. That was amazing.”

“You really think so?” he asked. “I could still work on a few things.”

“Like what?” she said. “I thought that was flawless. I’ll be expecting a signed album when you debut,” she smiled playfully.

“How about I take you out? To celebrate my debut,” he suggested. “It’s my treat.”

“I’ll think about it,” she said turning to leave.

“So you’re gonna leave me hanging?” he asked, smiling in amusement.

“Yep!” she exclaimed. “Later! I have some work to do,” she gave him one last look before shutting the door behind her.

Jihoon shook his head and chuckled. Samantha sure was an interesting character, he thought as he went back to work.

 

“I’m so bored!” a voice rang out from the practice room. It was Sungjae.

As she was about to enter the practice room, she heard a loud crash from inside. “What the hell was that?” she froze.

“I’m gonna jump over, Sungjae!” another voice could be heard. It was Changseob’s voice.

“Hyung, what if I get hurt?”

“I’ll give you $100,” Changseob said. “Okay, are you ready?”

“Why don’t I like the sound of that?” Samantha asked herself.

“Are you sure you can do it?” Minhyuk’s voice could be heard.

“I skate better than all of you so of course I can do it!”

Loud singing could be heard amidst the commotion: Eunkwang. He was vocalizing and not even paying attention to s.

“I’m getting ready to jump, Sungjae! So get into your position,” Changseob announced.

“I’ve got to see this!” Ilhoon exclaimed.

Samantha immediately pushed through the door. “What the hell is going in on here?!” she exclaimed. But it was too late. Changseob rode his skateboard and flew over Sungjae flawlessly. Not bad but this is serious, she thought snapping out of her daze. Sungjae got up and started cracking up at what just happened.

Everyone turned to look at her with widen eyes, Sungjae’s tried to contain his laughter so he placed his hand over his mouth to stifle it. “Hi Sam,” Changseob sheepishly greeted her clutching his skateboard.

“That was so cool,” Sungjae snickered.

The rest of the members started snickering too. Samantha stood and crossed her arms glaring at them. “You idiots are supposed to be practicing not horsing around!” she exclaimed.

“But we were bored,” Minhyuk whined.

“You two of all people should know how to keep your members in line!” she pointed at Eunkwang and Minhyuk. “I’m surprised you’re even leaders! Especially you, Eunkwang!” he flinched when she yelled at him.

“I think you should calm down,” he said clearing his throat.

“HOW CAN I CALM DOWN?! DON’T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!” she snapped, causing everyone to flinch.

Walking over to Changseob, she extended her hand and pointed to the skateboard. “Hand it over,” she said, “NOW.”

He gripped it tighter. “What are you gonna do with it?” he asked nervously.

“I’m confiscating it, what else am I gonna do with it?” she answered. “It’s not like I can ride it or anything.”

After much hesitation, he handed it to her. She walked off with it but when she left the room, she heard another loud crash and this time more laughter. “What now?” she grumbled.

This time, she caught Peniel, Hyunsik, and Sungjae throwing around a football in the practice room. “’Hey!” she hissed at them. Peniel caught the ball and froze looking at her. “You brought a football?!”

He gulped. “Yeah,” he said matter-of-factly. “I was teaching the guys how to catch.”

Samantha walked over to him and held out her hand. “Alright, hand it over.”

Peniel considered it a moment then decided to challenge her. “Make me,” he said then tossed it over to Hyunsik. Hyunsik gave Samantha a mischievous grin catching onto Peniel’s motive.

“You wouldn’t dare,” Samantha called his bluff.

Then soon, everyone tossed the ball around trying to prevent Samantha from taking it.

“This isn’t funny, guys!” she exclaimed in between breaths chasing after them.

“Hey over here!” one of the guys called to one another as they threw the ball around, laughing hysterically.

“I’m serious! You guys are so dead when this is over!” she cried out.

“This way!” someone else exclaimed.

“Alright fine,” Samantha stopped, deciding to throw in the towel. “I’m done. You guys win. Are you happy now?” she snapped then stormed out of the room leaving the boys to gape at her in astonishment. They swore they saw tears in her eyes, when she left.

 

As soon as she was out of the room, she wanted to go outside for some fresh air but couldn’t bring herself to go any further so she settled for one of the practice rooms. Thinking she wasn’t alone, she sunk down to the ground and broke down. Those boys are going to be the end of me, she thought as she sobbed.

But much to her dismay, she wasn’t alone because someone cleared their throat to get her attention. Wiping away her tears, she finally said, “I’m sorry. I came into the wrong room. I’ll go somewhere else.”

“Relax,” Jihoon said, “It’s just me.”

 

A/N: Hello again! This is a shorter update... At least that's what I think, I've written longer chapters as you guys can see. Jihoon's character serves as a distraction for Samantha which makes him a little more important. He's like a flirt buddy. As for pairing wise, I'm still figuring it out so keep your eyes open! I'm glad you guys are actually enjoying this. Honestly, I didn't think this fic would be all that successful so I appreciate your feedback. Thanks again!

On a sadder note, I was in the car with my younger sister's bf (I call him my adoptive brother lol) and I drifted off to sleep listening to music through my Kindle with my headphones on. I had a tough year last year because I was going through a mild case of depression during the beginning of summer. I had a friend who helped me cope with it and I knew he didn't want me going through it again. Well the sad news is he's looking into grad school and he might be moving to Minnesota. Thinking about it made me sad and I started crying. I told my adoptive brother about it and he was quiet then said, "It's gonna be okay. You should be happy for him." I admit that I am happy for my friend because he came so far but I'm sad that I probably won't see him again next year. Sorry for the long story. :'(

Anyways, enjoy the update! (I didn't edit this so please excuse some of the minor errors and I'm writing based on imagination. I didn't consider some of the facts so I'm sorry if some things are wrong)