Epilogue

A Slight Ounce of Hope

A/N: I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! Thanks for the comments and feedback! I really appreciate it! Honestly, I didn't think this was going to be successful because I have other talented authors on this site to compete with. I'm not gonna lie... I think this is the first story I've ever finished so I'm patting myself on the back over it lol. I tried to fit a lot of things in so this chapter might be sloppy and all over the place so I'm sorry if I disappointed any of you guys. I had to leave some stuff out so I hope you forgive me. >.<

Epilogue

A year later…

After enough urging from Samantha, Dongwoon had to ask the other guys to comply with her sister’s wish to have Beast sing a few songs for her. “Humor me just this once,” Samantha pleaded with him.

He grunted in frustration. “Seriously?” he grumbled.

“Just so you know, she’s Kikwang-biased so make sure he gives her a lot of fanservice,” she added looking at Beast’s visual. “Will you do that for me?”

Kikwang flashed his signature grin. “That could be arranged,” he chuckled. “Is your sister cute?”

“She has a boyfriend,” Samantha replied immediately.

“Then why does she want us to sing for her?” Kikwang asked, clearly disappointed.

“Um, because you guys are her favorite group and I owed her a favor for keeping my secret from our parents,” she said bringing up her little trip from last year. Flashing a cheeky grin, she pleaded with them, “Pretty please? Just this once and I won’t ask for anything again!”

The guys glanced at one another. Samantha’s sister was a fan and they did not want to let a fan down nevertheless. “Let’s do it,” Doojoon said.

“So what’s her boyfriend like?” Junhyung asked curiously.

“He’s nice, but he can be kind of scary sometimes,” she replied matter-of-factly.

Kikwang gulped. “Scary?” he uttered. “Like how?”

“He’s a fighter, Kikwang,” Samantha answered. “So don’t try to do too much skinship. If Gabe found out, you’d be dead.” She smirked glancing at the others.

“D-dead?” he bellowed. The others had to stifle their laughter at the visual.

“Come on, we should go meet your sister,” Doojoon finally said.

“Right,” Samantha agreed then led them into her house.

As soon as they got in, Stacy screamed for joy upon seeing them. “It’s really them! OMG SAM, am I dreaming?!” she exclaimed hugging her older sister tightly nearly strangling her. “Don’t tell, Gabe,” she whispered then let go of her sister.

Samantha took a moment to catch her breath. “Guys, this is Stacy, my sister. Stace, this is Beast. I’m sure you know who they are…”

“Of course I do!” Stacy beamed.

“Alright, work your magic,” Samantha told them.

The guys gathered around the living room and harmonized for Stacy as she sat and beamed at them. Samantha couldn’t help but smile watching the boys sing for her sister. She had told them Stacy’s favorite song was “You” off their Fiction and Fact album. After that, they sang “Oasis”, “I like you the Most”, “Beautiful”, and “V.I.U.” for the two sisters. “Gabe is going to kill me,” she muttered as she watched as she giggled along with Stacy.

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Jihoon asked as his girlfriend was getting ready doing her hair and make-up.

“I made a promise to my best friend,” Ailee pointed out. “The poor kid got rejected asking a girl to prom. I want him to show her he deserves much better.”

“Yeah but I don’t feel comfortable having some other guy dancing with you,” Jihoon pouted.

“Will you stop whining?” Ailee complained. “He’s sixteen. I’d be jailed if I got involved with him. And Jason is like a younger brother to me, I don’t see him that way. Especially since I have you here with me,” she said walking closer to him and planted a peck on his lips.

Jihoon moaned as the kiss deepened. “When did you say he was coming again?” he asked as he pulled away from her.

Ailee checked the clock. “In fifteen minutes,” she answered.

“Fifteen minutes is plenty of time,” he smirked leaning in again.

“Jihoon, not now,” she pushed him away. “You’re messing up my make-up.”

He groaned in frustration. “This guy better be worth it because he’s taking my girlfriend away from me.”

“Goodness, I’ll make it up to you,” Ailee sighed in frustration.

“I’ll hold you to it,” Jihoon finally said pointing to her.

Samantha found out that her brother had asked a girl to prom in the cutest way possible. He went all out in making a sign that read “Will you go to prom with me?” and even bought a cake that had “Prom?” written on it. Jason asked the girl and she had said yes, only to get rejected the next day. It angered Samantha and she took to venting to Ailee about it. Jason’s always had a crush on Ailee so the idea came out of nowhere. Ailee would be Jason’s prom date but he didn’t know it yet.

“I don’t wanna go,” Jason whined as they pulled into the driveway.

“Jace, just trust me on this,” Samantha assured him. “I swear tonight it’ll be worthwhile. You’re gonna show those girls who’s boss? Jason’s boss!” she giggled.

Jason gave her a look then stifled his laughter. “Don’t ever say that again, Sam. Please,” he said.

“Why? What’s wrong with what I said?” she asked obliviously.

“That sounds kind of retarded coming out of your mouth,” he answered.

Samantha sighed. “Come on, the surprise is waiting for you inside,” she said getting out of the car.

When they got inside the house, Jason’s eyes went wide when he found Ailee waiting for him wearing an elegant dress. “Surprise!” Ailee exclaimed.

“Ailee, you’re going to prom with me?!” Jason exclaimed.

“Of course I am, little man,” she chuckled. “Now hurry up and put on that tux so we can take pictures and dance the night away!”

Jason nodded then immediately went into the bathroom to get changed. Jihoon followed behind to help him with tying his bowtie.

“Thanks so much for doing this,” Samantha turned to her best friend. “You have no idea how happy he is right now.”

“Anytime,” Ailee said. “I love Jason like a brother too. I’d do anything for him like I would for you and you know that. And besides, I’ve always wanted to go to prom…”

“Well, I’ll make sure Jason treats you like a princess,” Samantha assured her.

“I think Jihoon is telling him the same thing,” Ailee motioned towards the boys as they walked out. “Aw! Don’t you look handsome?!” she beamed at her date.

Jihoon cleared his throat. “Hello? I’m your boyfriend here!” he tried getting her attention.

“You’re not my boyfriend tonight,” Ailee then walked over to Jason and took his arm in hers.

Samantha giggled. “Alright, you two lovebirds!” she stopped the bickering. “My brother is gonna be late so you should get going.”

“Keep an eye on my boyfriend, will you?” Ailee asked her.

“Will do,” Samantha said shoving her out of the house along with Jason. “Now shoo, before they lock the doors.” Ailee turned around to give Jihoon a quick peck on the lips before leaving.

Watching the couple before her made her realize what she was missing the past year, Samantha really missed Peniel. His busy schedules kept him from seeing her. So they both decided to take a break until it died down. “You okay?” Jihoon’s voice rang out.

“Yeah,” she nodded.

“You’re thinking about him, aren’t you?” he asked.

“All the time, Jihoon,” her voice broke. “I miss him. I haven’t heard from him in such a long time that it worries me every night and I can’t sleep. I’m scared I won’t see him again…”

Jihoon embraced her. “I can tell you, he’s fine,” he said rubbing her back with his hand. “And I assure you, he’ll come back. He thinks about you all the time.”

Samantha pulled away from him. “He does? Do you really think he’ll come back?” she asked hopefully.

He nodded then gave her a reassuring smile. “Just you wait and see,” he finally said.

 

When her shift ended, Samantha went to get changed in the backroom. Her job decided to rehire her upon her return home. The plan was to work and go back to school. In other words, Samantha had to return to her old ways in the hopes of discovering other opportunities. In turn, she ended up telling her coworkers the interesting stories of what had happened minus the part about the profession of the new suitors. Her coworkers felt as if they were along for her journey. As soon as she was dressed, she grabbed her bag and went to say goodbye to her coworkers. “Alright I’m leaving, do you guys need anything from me before I go?” she asked.

“No thanks, we’re fine,” one coworker named Jenny replied then turned to Samantha. “Wait, I forgot to tell you, there is this guy who came and asked for you while you were back there. He was cute!”

Samantha’s eyes widened. “What did you say to him?” she asked.

“Oh I just told him, you left already,” Jenny said recalling what had happened.

“What did he look like? Did you get his name or anything?” she interrogated her coworker.

“No, he didn’t say what his name was but he was pretty cute for an Asian guy,” Jenny giggled.

“Alright, thanks Jen,” Samantha nodded then turned to leave. “Bye, see you next week.”

“Bye, Sam!” Jenny exclaimed then went back to work.

Samantha wondered who the stranger was as she made her way to the main entrance to wait for her ride. But soon, something caught her attention as a crowd of people huddled in the center of the mall. She grew curious as to what was going on so she decided to want to see for herself. High-pitched screams could be heard, “OMG! IT’S REALLY HIM!” someone exclaimed followed by fits of giggles. “He’s so much cuter in person!” “I wonder what he’s doing here…”

“What’s going on here?” Samantha asked the person next to her.

“Some guy from some famous boy band is here in this mall,” the person answered trying to get a glimpse of the said celebrity.

“Excuse me, ladies,” the voice spoke up. “I’m here to see my girlfriend.”

The girls crowding around him whined. Samantha tried to stifle her laughter upon seeing some of them burst into tears over some famous guy admitting he has a girlfriend. She had to commend him for being honest. When she finally caught a glimpse of him, Samantha became stunned. It was as if she’d seen a ghost. Frozen in place, she could not bring herself to run over to him and hold him. It’s him, she thought, he’s really here.

Peniel’s eyes met hers. He smiled as he made his way to her as the crowd watched him, gasping as they figured out it was Samantha he wanted to see. “Hi,” he greeted her softly.

Samantha’s mouth hung agape. She was clearly speechless. “It’s-it’s you…” she uttered.

He chuckled. “Well yeah, who else would it be?” he asked smugly.

Samantha slapped his chest and glared at him. “Just be glad there are a bunch of people here,” she muttered. “Otherwise, I’m not afraid to murder someone…”

“Geez, I greet you nicely and this is the thanks I get,” he sneered. His tone then turned serious, “I missed you, Sam. Not a day goes by when I’m not thinking about you.”

Her expression softened. “I missed you too,” she said finally. On impulse, she pulled him close to embrace him tightly. Samantha held onto him as if it was the last thing she could do to savor the moment. She was afraid letting him go would mean he’d be gone.

“I’m not going anywhere,” he assured her rubbing the small of her back with his hand.

Blinking back tears as she pulled away from him, she finally said, “I love you, Peniel.”

“I know, I love you too,” he replied with a smirk then leaned in to kiss her as if they were the only two left in the building.

 

...And that wraps it up! ^^