Staying the Night & Morning

A Slight Ounce of Hope

Chapter 5

“Absolutely not!” Junhyung exclaimed upon hearing Dongwoon’s question. “Do you know what would happen if word got out there is a girl in our dorm?!”

“He’s got a point, you know,” Doojoon pointed out.

“Come on, hyung,” Dongwoon pleaded. “It’s just for one night. She’s got nowhere else to go.” He glanced over at his best friend who was conversing with Yoseob and Kikwang. She was giggling at their childish antics.

“She can always spend the night in the Cube building,” Hyunseung suggested.

“That’s the back-up plan,” Dongwoon said. “I honestly don’t feel comfortable leaving her alone up there.”

The other three proceeded to glance over at her as she and both of Beast’s visuals were giggling over something the other said. The maknae made a valid point. “Unless one of us stays with her,” Hyunseung suggested.

“That’s not a bad idea, Hyunseung,” Doojoon thought about it, “But then, one night in the dorm won’t hurt.”

“If we let her spend the night, where would she sleep?” Junhyung spoke up.

“I’ll let her take my bed,” Dongwoon offered. “I’ll sleep in the living room. So what do you guys say?” He gave the older guys a hopeful look.

“I’m fine with it,” Hyunseung replied immediately, then glanced over at Doojoon and Junhyung.

The two “leaders” glanced at each other with Junhyung showing a hint of hesitation but nodded in approval. Doojoon sighed then looked at Dongwoon, “I guess Sam is staying with us for tonight.”

 

After her giggling calmed down, Samantha couldn’t help but glance over at the four guys conversing about her fate that night. “What do you think they’re saying?” she asked.

Yoseob attempted to eavesdrop. “Something about spending the night in the dorm…”

“Who’s spending the night in the dorm?” Kikwang asked suddenly.

Samantha gulped and looked away. “I am…” she replied sheepishly, “Maybe. It hasn’t been decided yet. Dongwoon’s trying to gain permission from the guys. Would you guys be okay with it?”

“We don’t mind,” Kikwang answered. “I can’t remember the last time we had a sleepover…” he went into thought.

“It’s only for one night,” Samantha said sadly. “I promise that first thing in the morning I plan on getting a job and finding my own place. My stay will only be temporary.”

“Did you plan on going somewhere else?” Yoseob asked curiously.

Samantha looked away, smiling to herself thinking of Jeremy. “I guess you can say that,” she answered leaving the two guys confused.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Kikwang muttered scratching the back of his head.

Soon, the rest of the guys approached them. “You ready to go?” Doojoon asked.

“Yeah,” Yoseob and Kikwang replied as they started walking to the van.

Doojoon walked over to Samantha and helped her with her suitcase. “Here, let me help you with that,” he offered then took it before she protested. “You must be exhausted carrying dragging this thing around all day.”

“It’s okay, you don’t have to,” she protested when he took it.

Doojoon gave her a reassuring smile. “It’s fine,” he insisted. “Besides, I would look like an if I made you drag this around all day.”

After a moment, she gave in, “Thank you.”

 

The car ride to the dorm was lively with the guys cracking jokes along the way. The driver blasted the radio upon request and the guys were dancing and singing in the backseat. Good Lord, Samantha thought. How could they still have this much energy towards the end of the night? She enjoyed herself nevertheless.

Soon, her eyes started to feel heavy and she drifted off to sleep. Yoseob tried to get her attention, “Hey Sam—“but he stopped himself when he saw she was asleep.

Dongwoon, who was sitting beside her, took notice of his best friend’s bobbing head and in turn laid her head on his shoulder as the van made its way home. The car was silent the rest of the way.

Soon, they arrived home when Dongwoon attempted to wake her. She was knocked out. Poor girl, he thought. She must have been exhausted enduring that long flight. So as Doojoon, Hyunseung, and Junhyung gathered her luggage, Yoseob held her purse as Kikwang helped Dongwoon with her. Dongwoon placed his arms under her legs and neck then proceeded to carry her up to the dorm while Kikwang helped with opened doors as they entered. When they reached the dorm, Dongwoon went straight to the bedroom and placed Samantha on one of the beds then tucked her in placing the blanket over her. “Good night, Sam,” he whispered then leaned to kiss her forehead. She stirred but did not wake up.

 

She woke up the next morning in a daze looking around as she registered where she was. The room was scattered with a bunch of things on the floor. She realized the bed she slept in was the bottom bunk of a bunk bed. There were six bunks. And soon, she remembered where she was… the dorm.

Stumbling out of bed, she made her way out of the room and entered the living area where only one guy was in the kitchen looking inside the refrigerator: Doojoon. Where were the other guys? She wondered but shook that thought away and knocked on the doorframe to make her presence known to the leader. He looked up from the fridge and gave her a welcoming smile. “You’re up,” he said. “Did you have a good sleep?”

She nodded, “It was the best sleep I ever had.” She chuckled exaggerating her response to him. “Actually, it wasn’t too bad. I’m still adjusting to the time around here.”

“It takes some getting used to,” he said closing the fridge, then heading over to the coffee machine. “Would you like some coffee?”

“I’d love some, thank you,” she smiled leaning against the counter as he poured her a cup of coffee. “Where did everyone go?”

“They went to pick up some breakfast,” he answered. “I was really sleepy waking them up this morning and they insisted I sleep in. And what do you know? I’m still waiting for them and I have you here to keep me company,” he .

“Oh,” she looked down, “I’m sorry… You could’ve just gone with them instead of feeling obliged to stay with me.”

“Nah,” he shook his head sipping his coffee. “I don’t mind the company. Your presence here right now is quite peaceful. It’s not too noisy like those times when the others were here. I kind of like it actually.”

“I feel so special,” she feigned a sniffle to ensure she was touched by his comment.

Doojoon sneered, “Yeah, well, don’t think of it that way,” he . “I was just being nice.”

She pouted, “If you say so,” then her expression softened, “Thank you for letting me stay the night. I promise I’ll leave after today.”

“Don’t worry about it,” he insisted. “I know something’s up, Sam. Is everything okay?”

“Yes and no,” she answered.

“Care to tell me?” he eyed her curiously.

“There’s something I’m not telling you and the rest of the guys,” she started to say. “Only Dongwoon knows since he’s my best friend but since you’re my friend, I’ll tell you first. Initially, I wasn’t supposed to land in Seoul.”

“How so?” he asked facing her to ensure she had his full attention.

“I kind of boarded the wrong flight,” she replied sheepishly.

“Okay,” he nodded. “Were you supposed to be somewhere else?”

“I was supposed to go to Bangkok,” she said. “You know, I’ve always wanted to go…” she lingered a bit looking away.

“I sense there is another reason for going,” Doojoon added narrowing his eyes at her.

“Am I that obvious?”

“I can read you like a book, Sam.” He said with a smirk. “Spill it.”

She sighed, “Okay, you’re right.” She looked away, “There is another reason. I wanted to see someone.”

“Ah,” he nodded in understanding. “Is this particular person a boyfriend?”

Samantha immediately shook her head, “No! We were never an item,” she answered. “I had feelings for him. They were strong feelings. The kind you can’t just turn off overnight. Well, we had a falling out and he left me hanging. I just want to see him one last time so I’ll know if I should let him go.”

“So you’re looking for closure?”

“Yes, exactly,” she nodded.

“Okay, let’s say you get your closure. And then what?” Doojoon asked.

“You sound like Dongwoon right now,” she said then shrugged. “I didn’t think about it that much. I just feel like this is the only thing for me to do, Doojoon.”

“I understand,” he said. “So what’s your plan now?”

“Well, first things first, I have to find a job then save up for temporary housing, and buy another ticket to Thailand,” she answered. “I did promise you guys last night I’d leave after today. I feel horrible for coming on such short notice and taking way your beds for one night.”

He chuckled. “Don’t worry about it, you’re welcome to stay here until you find a place,” he offered.

“Okay but I’ll sleep in the living room,” she said. “You guys can have your room back.”

“I can’t let you do that,” Doojoon shook his head. “We’d look like s for making you sleep in the living room.”

“Don’t worry about me,” she said.

Before Doojoon could talk, Kikwang entered the dorm, “We’re back.” He said as he entered the kitchen along with the rest of the guys carrying bags of food.

“Alright, looks good,” Doojoon said as he helped them. Looking at Samantha, he said, “Come on, let’s eat.”

 

A/N: Hello again! I have another update... I'm still writing as I go. This chapter is Beast focused but I promise I will add the other characters in for the next chapter. There will be some overlap of course because everyone is an important character. In the meantime, enjoy!