QT part 2

A Slight Ounce of Hope

Chapter 12

“Okay so where are we off to?” Samantha asked dreading her promise to the two oldest members of BTOB.

Eunkwang and Minhyuk glanced at each other smirking. “We’re going out for drinks,” Eunkwang answered.

“I knew I shouldn’t have agreed to this,” Samantha muttered. “I don’t drink though.”

“You don’t have to drink,” Minhyuk pointed out. “You just have to be our designated driver.”

“Designated driver?!” she exclaimed. “But we don’t have a car!”

Eunkwang let out a mischievous laugh, holding up car keys. “We do now,” he said.

Samantha’s eyes widened. “Where did you get those?!” she said pointing to the keys.

“I took these from Jongwon hyung when he wasn’t looking,” Eunkwang answered nonchalantly.

“You know you guys could get into so much trouble,” she said.

“That is why you’re coming with us,” Minhyuk placed a hand over her shoulder like he did that time they got coffee together. “If you’re with us, no one will be in trouble.”

She groaned, removing his hand. “I’m so screwed,” she grumbled.

“Don’t think of it that way,” Eunkwang repeated Minhyuk’s action placing his hand over her shoulder. “Just think of it as a way for us to get to know each other but with drinking…”

Rubbing her temples with her right hand she snatched the keys from him, “Fine. You two idiots win. Where the hell are we going?”

“Ah-ah-ah… Who says you’re driving?” Eunkwang held out his hand for the keys. “Since you don’t know the city as well as me, I’m driving. You’re driving us back.”

Irritated, she shoved the keys into his hand, and then crossed her arms. “So are we leaving or what?” she asked impatiently.

“Patience,” Minhyuk commanded her. “We still have to get dressed. You should too.” He looked at her outfit. She had on a pair of sneakers along with a pair of skinny jeans and a graphic t-shirt from earlier. “You can’t go to the club looking like that.”

“We’re going to the club?!” she screamed.

 

“I hate crowded places,” Samantha grumbled as she stood by the bar, crossing her arms, in the nightclub.

They made her wear a blue, short length one shoulder dress. It was paired with silver studded heels and she wore matching studded earrings. She did her hair and makeup for once. When they saw her, they were just as speechless as the younger boys earlier at the mall. This time, she wasn’t smiling and blushing.

“Come on, Sam,” Minhyuk placed an arm over her shoulder once again. “We’re here to have fun. Don’t be such a party-pooper.”

Samantha glared at him. “I hate nightclubs,” she gritted her teeth.

“Why?” he asked.

“I had a bad experience on my birthday last year,” she answered. “End of story.”

He chuckled. “That’s like your favorite line or something.”

She looked at him in confusion.

“’End of story’,” he said. “You say that a lot.” Taking her hand, he led her to the dance floor. “I think it’s time you let yourself go for one night and enjoy yourself.”

She followed him reluctantly. “I don’t know about this, Minhyuk,” she said shaking her head but was soon taken by surprise when he pulled her close to him. Their faces inches apart as he moved their bodies to the music. She gave in momentarily but realizing what was happening she pushed him off her.

He realized what he was doing. “Sorry,” he apologized. “I didn’t mean to…”

She glared at him, “I can’t, Minhyuk.” She said avoiding eye contact then walked away leaving him alone on the dance floor. She wanted to escape to a quieter place because the loud room was giving her a headache. The first place she could think of was the bathroom. What the hell was Minhyuk thinking? She thought. And where was Eunkwang? She looked around to find him at the bar flirting with other girls. At least he wasn’t causing any trouble.

As she walked, she caught sight of a familiar guy sitting in a booth with a bunch of girls. Curious, she decided to get a good look at him so she walked a little closer to the table. Her eyes widened when she spotted Jihoon. Wasn’t he supposed to be at practice? The girl sitting next to him was drunk and started to his shirt, Samantha’s expression hardened. He took notice of Samantha and immediately removed the girl’s hand to stand up thus confusing everyone else. “What’s wrong?” the drunken girl asked.

Samantha immediately turned to run off, but not without being followed by the soloist. “!” She exclaimed realizing she wasn’t wearing comfortable shoes. The chase didn’t last very long when someone grabbed her arm and she found her face inches close to him. Two in one night, she swallowed hard looking up at him.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

She waited for him to loosen his grip on her. “Some of the boys wanted to come and I had to tag along,” she answered. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at practice?”

“Look, don’t say anything about this, okay?” his expression hardened. Samantha was actually intimidated by it.

“We never saw each other,” she said nodding. He nodded in agreement then turned to leave as she watched. These boys were asking for trouble, she thought clenching her fist. Soon, she made her way to the bathroom to get away for a bit.

 

Returning to the bar, she was approached by Eunkwang. She flinched. “Whoa! It’s just me,” he said. “Relax… are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost.”

I think I did, she thought. “Are you almost done?” she asked impatiently.

“What’s the rush?” he asked. “The party is just starting.”

“Well hurry it up!” she demanded. “I don’t have all night.”

“Geez, bossy much?” he muttered then walked off.

Placing her head in her hand, she groaned in frustration. “What have I gotten myself into?” she thought aloud.

Soon, the bartender approached her and placed a cocktail in front of her. “I’m sorry I didn’t order anything,” she told him pushing it towards him.

He pointed to the guy in the VIP section. “It’s from him,” the bartender pointed to the guy who was smirking and raising his glass to Samantha.

To be polite, Samantha smiled back then looked away with a look of disgust. “Weirdo,” she muttered. Then the guy made his way to her, “Great.” She rolled her eyes.

Settling beside her, he spoke first. “Having fun tonight?” he asked.

“You can say that,” she answered nonchalantly.

“I can make it even better,” he offered. “Look, I spotted you sitting alone at the bar and thought you were the most beautiful girl in the room so I just had to talk to you,” he said. “I was wondering if you would like to join me at my booth?” he pointed to the VIP section.

Samantha turned to him. “Look, I appreciate the offer but I’m gonna have to pass,” she declined.

“Don’t hurt my feelings,” he moved closer to her. “You now I won’t take ‘no’ for an answer.”

“Well, get used to it, buddy because I’m saying ‘no’ to you right now,” she said getting up to leave.

He stood up and grabbed her arm. “I’m not finished,” he gripped her arm hard.

“You’re hurting me,” she gritted her teeth. “I suggest you let go of me before I really cause a scene.”

“Whoa! This one’s got a sassy mouth,” he smirked. “You know, I like a challenge.”

“It’s not a challenge if I’m not interested,” she tried to shake him off her.

“I’ll make you interested.”

“Let go!” she screamed.

“She said ‘let go’,” a voice chimed in. It was Jihoon, a dark expression was evident on his handsome face.

The guy loosened his grip on her walking over to Jihoon. “And who the hell are you?” he asked angrily.

“Someone who doesn’t tolerate pigs like you,” Jihoon replied coldly.

“Why don’t you mind your own business?” the guy challenged him.

“Jihoon, let’s go,” Samantha held his hand ready to walk away, but Jihoon remained still.

“Sam? Jihoon? What’s going on?” Minhyuk spoke up approaching them.

“Nothing, can we just go?” she asked, almost pleading.

He saw the fear in her eyes and immediately decided to take action. “What’s wrong?” he asked her. She just shook her head looking away.

Eunkwang found them. “Hey where the hell have you been--?” he stopped to find Samantha close to tears and Minhyuk along with Jihoon staring at another guy angrily. “What’s wrong?”

“Well isn’t this nice?” the guy laughed bitterly. “You got your boyfriends to protect you? I always knew girls like you couldn’t stick to just one guy.”

Jihoon immediately grabbed the guy by the collar. “Don’t speak to her that way,” he gritted his teeth.

“Relax, man,” the guy smiled attempting to remove Jihoon’s hands. “I’m just speaking the truth. What do you guys see in her anyways? She’s worthless.”

Jihoon threw the first punch and soon, a whole fight broke out with Minhyuk and Eunkwang joining in. “Stop it!” she demanded as everyone in the club stood and watched.

The bouncers soon came and broke it up. The four of them snuck out the back door and got into the car. Jihoon drove them home with Eunkwang in the passenger seat and Minhyuk in the back with Samantha, who was wearing Jihoon’s jacket. She was shaken up by what had happened and Minhyuk tried his best to comfort her. “I’m sorry,” she cried. “This is my fault. Are you guys okay?”

Minhyuk held her hand and caressed it. “It’s not your fault,” he assured her. “It was our fault for making you come with us.” He glanced at Eunkwang, who remained silent.

“No one speaks to you that way,” Eunkwang finally said.

The car ride was silent soon after as Jihoon drove home to the dorm.

 

“What happened to you guys?” Sungjae asked as settled home. His eyes went wide when he saw Samantha. She looked as if she’d been crying. “Oh no! Sam, what’s wrong? Are you okay? What happened?”

The rest of the guys came out of the room to see what the commotion was about. Peniel took charge when he saw Samantha’s bruised arm by taking her hand and leading her to the bathroom. He proceeded to look for a first aid kit. When he started to tend to her bruise, she moved her hand away. He looked up at her in confusion. “Sam, don’t be stubborn,” he sighed. “If you don’t get this treated, you’ll get an infection.”

After much hesitation, she gave in. “Are you gonna tell me what happened?” he asked finally.

“Some jack- wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer,” she answered. “He starts verbally abusing me by calling me worthless and then Jihoon intervenes along with Eunkwang and Minhyuk. I tried to stop them but they wouldn’t listen.”

“Good for them,” Peniel smiled in amusement.

“Seriously?” she glared at him. “They were getting beat up for me and you’re okay with that?!”

“Well, yeah,” he scoffed. “I would have done the same thing if I was there. No girl deserves to be spoken to that way.”

 

Everyone went off to bed leaving Samantha alone with Jihoon, who was holding an ice pack over his bruised cheek. He had already changed into a wife-beater and sweat pants. Samantha changed into a pair of pajama shorts and a t-shirt. He looked over at her. “Are you okay?” She couldn’t help but ask.

“I’ll be fine,” he answered. “How’s your arm?” he looked down at her bruised arm.

“It doesn’t hurt as much as I’d thought,” she said settling beside him. Sighing she turned to face him, “Look, it’s my fault you got hurt and I sincerely apologize…”

“There’s no need to be sorry,” he shook his head. “I was just helping a friend in need. And that guy was a anyways. If any, you should be thanking me,” he chuckled then groaned in pain.

Samantha lightly examined his bruise. He got hurt because of her, she was extremely thankful. Their eyes met, and she found herself blushing. “Um, thanks for, uh, you know…” she said looking away.

“Not a problem,” he said finally standing up. “I should be heading to bed now so good night.”

“Good night,” she said as she watched him go into his room.

 

Sorry... I just had to update again. As I was writing this chapter, I had an idea of what I was doing then suddenly the chapter just started to write itself. Anyways, enjoy!