Chapter 8

Age Is Just A Number

 

Days have been past and the rumor about Haemi and Hyunsun  has gone with the wind. It was early in the morning when Sunhae’s phone rang. “Eomma.. pick it up..” Haemi said in a  sleepy voice. “Yeobuseyo?” Sunhae said trying not to sound sleepy. “Annyeonghaseyo Sunhae-ssi.. sorry for calling you at this hour.. it’s me Jang Haesa, Running Man’s PD.. our Sandara Park couldn’t come for today’s filming.. I was wondering if Haemi could replace her as our guest star?” Jang Haesa explain. “Well.. Haemi doesn’thave any schedule for today.. I’ll go ask her first..” Sunhae hold the call and ask Haemi about it. ‘If I go filming Running Man again.. I can meet Kookie Oppa again!! Yay!’ Haemi thought. “Sure!!”  Haemi answered trying to hide her excitement.  Sunhae smile and talk to Haesa again to arrange the time.

 

“Haemi-ah.. the filming start on 2PM but  you have to be on the set around 12PM.. it will take an hour or two from our house to the set. So..”Sunhae hasn’t done explaining things but Haemi already rush to the bathroom. “Arasso!! I’m going to take a bath now so wecan go to the set as soon as possible!” Haemi yelled  from the bathroom. “It must be because of Jongkok-ssi..” Sunhae smile and start preparing herself too.

 

They arrive at the set a bit late because of the traffic. “Annyeonghaseyo everyone.. sorry we’re late. There’s a terrible traffic on the way..” Haemi bowed at thestaff. “Omo! Haemi-ah!! Aigoo.. so you’re our guest for today??” Jaesuk who saw Haemi and Sunhae coming immditaely greetthem. “Annyeong oppa! Yeah.. Haesa eonnie just called this morning and ask me to replace SandaraPark as the guest star today.” Haemi explain. The other cast come and talk with Haemi. “Where’s Kookie oppa?”  Haemi suddenly ask. “He’s still in the changing room.. He’ll be here soon. Why? Do you miss him that much?” Jihyo and Haha tease  her. “No! No I’m not” Haemi couldnn’t hide her smile causing the other to  even more.

 

The filming are about to start and Jongkook still didn’t know that Haemi will be the guest for today’s filming. The other cast also hide it from him to give him a surprise. “Hello everyone! Welcome back to Running Man and now we’re going to filming near the  Dongdaemun Market. We have a very cute guest for today but unfortunately Jongkook hasn’t met her before  the filming because he’s too busy changing clothes” tease Jaesuk while opening the show. “Eh? You all already know the guest? Ya! How could you hide it from me??” Jongkook act like he’s pissed.  “Hyung.. you’ll be very surprised..”  Gary even more. “Please welcome our guest today.. our lovely little sister.. Lee.. Hae.. Mi!!” Jaesuk said and Haemi get inside the set. Jongkook just stood there in surprised. “annyeong  everyone. I’m Lee Haemi. It’s nice to come here again.”  Haemi bowed to the camera. “Uoh.. Sparta Kook is smiling!!” Gwangsoo pont at Jongkook. Everyone on the set tease Jongkook and Haemi. They even call the  JongMi couple making the two people blush. “We have another guest for today. It’s not only Haemi  for today.” Haesa suddenly said from the PD’s table. “Eh? Who is it?” Sukjin ask.  Suddenly  a black car arrived and 5 handsome guy come out.

“Annyeonghaseyo! We are CHAOs!” the boys bowed at the camera. “H-hyunsun oppa?” Haemi said in surprised. “H-haemi?  You’re here too?” Hyunsun also surprised. “Oh.. you both are couple right??”  Haha  said. “Childhood-friends!” Jongkook suddenly yell making the other a bit shocked. “Hahaha.. yeah. We’re childhood friends.. nothing more..” Haemi explain. The filming started and everyone acting crazy like they used to except for Jongkook. He seems to be a bit distance with the other as iif he has his own world.

 

They’re all take a break for awhile and Haemi go to Jongkook. “Kookie oppa.. you doesn’t seems like you used to be. Is there something wrong?” Haemi ask with worry all over her face. “Huh? ..Oh. it’s nothing. I’m just a bit tired, that’s all..” Jongkook try to avoid Haemi’s eyes and just go away like there’s nothing happened. “Oppa..” Haemi grab his hand. Jongkook’s face turn into a deep red colour and he feels like he’s thrown to heaven. “Is it because of Hyunsun oppa? We’re just friends.. nothing more than that..” Haemi say in a small voice. “Yeah.. I know.. maybe I’m just worried too much. Sorry for making you worried Haemi-ah..” Jongkook ruffled her hair and smile. After that, Jongkook back into his usual SpartaKook attitude and they all end the filming happily.

 

“Oppa.. Eonnie.. I’m going home now. See you guys soon!! Thanks for the great day!” Haemi bowed and join Sunhae who is already inside the car and they drove off to home. “Hyung.. do you like her?” Gary suddenly ask Jongkook in a small voice so the other could’t hear it. “Huh? Who?” Jongkook ask. “Haemi.. Do you like her?” Gary ask again. “She’s a nice girl.. who wouldn’t” Jongkook drink his water to hide his nervousness. ‘Am I really that obvious?’ he thought. “What I mean is.. Do you like her as a man to a woman?” Gary ask again. “…yeah. But ain’t I too old for her? …I don’t know, Gary..” Jongkook finally open up. “Hyung.. age is just a number when it comes to love. Why don’t you give it a try? Who knows that Haemi is stupid enough to fall for you.. kekeke” Gary . “Yah! It’s not like I’m as old as her grandparents or something.” Jongkook hit Gary’s head. “...yeah,  maybe I should give it a try..”