Chapter 7

Age Is Just A Number

 

"Oppa.. I'm scared.." Haemi said between her cry. "Haemi? Waeyo?? Are you alright?" the person on the other line said in panic and worried. "I.. Dead cat.. Blood.. Note.. I.." Haemi said senselessly. "Haemi.. Where do you live? I'm comming there.." he said. Haemi gave him the address and cut the line. The male on the other hand, drove in full speed right after he got the address. "Haemi.. Please be okay.." he said. Lucky him, their house are just few blocks away. He knocks the door repeatedly.

 

"Jongkook-ssi?" Sunhae open the door in confused. "Where is Haemi? She called me and she sounds.. scared. Is she okay?" Jongkook ask in full worried tone. "She's on her room. She just recieve a dead-cat package. Could you please look for her? I need to take care some things.." Sunhae show him Haemi's room.

 

"Haemi.. It's me Jongk-" "Oppaaaa!!" Haemi open the door and immidiately hug him like her life is depend on him. She cry on his chest and muffled things. "Sshh.. It's okay.. I'm here.." Jongkook patted her head. Haemi drag him inside the room and tell him everything. "Oppa.. I'm so scared. I.. I never thought they will sent me that thing.. I.. I don't know what to do oppa.." Haemi said still trying to calm herself. "I know.. I know.. That's why i told you to stay away from any scandals. Fans could do anything you can't even imagine.. It's okay, Sunhae-ssi already talk to CHAOs' manager.." Jongkook patted her back and caressing her head. Haemi unconciously lay her head on Jongkook's chest making the male's heart beat crazily. "Oppa.. Gomawoyo.. Thanks for being here with me.." Haemi said in a long sigh.

 

They both went out Haemi's room and found Sunhae lying on the sofa in a tired and frustated expression. "Eomma.." Haemi approach her. "Haemi.. Are you okay now? Don't think about it again, arasso?" Sunhae hug her. "Ne eomma.. I feel a lot better now.." Haemi smile. "Oppa, sit here.." Haemi pat the space beside her. "You two seems a lot closer these days.." Sunhae look at both of them suspiciously. "What? We can't?" Haemi ask. "It's not that.. Well.. I'm glad that you have someone you cam depend on.. Jongkook-ssi, kamsahabnida.." Sunhae smile. "Just call me Jongkook.. You're welcome.." Jongkook said. "Or..you can call him oppa too! Kkkk" Haemi giggle. The three of them laugh.

 

"Oppa, have a dinner with us, how's that sound??" Haemi suggest. "Ah.. It's okay. I'll eat at home." "Andwaee.. You should eat here. That's the least thing I could do to say thank you.." Haemi plead. "Aigoo.. How could I resist when you ask like that? Hahaah okay okay.." Jongkook smile. "Yes! Eommaaaaa.. I'll cook tonight's dinner. Jongkook oppa will join us" Haemi call Sunhae. "You..cook? Jinjja?" Jongkook ask. "What? Yah.. I even cook better than Sunhae eomma.." "I HEAR THAT!!" Sunhae yell. Haemi went to the kitchen and start preparing the meal. Jongkook watch her from behind. 'Damn.. Why did she has to be so perfect??' Jongkook admire her who is busily chopping. "Ouch!" she cut her finger. "Gwenchana? Aigoo.. You should becareful while using the knife.. Where is the aid-kit?" Jongkook clean her cut and put a band-aid on her slim finger. He unconciously kissed her cut. "There.." Haemi just stood there in silent, looking at Jongkook in surprised. "..omo. I'm so sorry.. I.. I usually did that to my nephew if they got hurt.. I'm so sorry.." Jongkook mentaly smacked his head. "G-Gwenchana.. Gomawoyo oppa.." Haemi went back preparing the meal.

 

The awkwardness still in the air. Haemi almost finish cooking and she taste the soup. "Oppa, try this.. Is it good?" Haemi gave a spoon of soup to him. "Wuaah.. This is amazing. Jjang!" Jongkook gave his thumbs up. "*cough* you didn't gave your eomma a bit too? You're a bad daughter.." Sunhae came from upstair and tease the cooking-couple. "Nope. No soup for you. Kkk" Haemi giggle. "yah! How could you??" Sunhae tickle her. "eomma eomma stop!! Ahaha okay okay.. Here.." she gave her a sip. "Hmm.. Taste good." Jongkook watch the mother-daughter affection in front of him. 'Beautiful. Talented. And a happy family. She have a perfect life..' Jongkook smile.

 

They had a happy dinner and chat a lot. Getting closer and closer every second passed.