Care for her.

♥Oh My Soojung.♥

 

I opened my eyes to the lights of the ceiling lights.
As I opened my eyes, all I noticed was a few person around me.
Did I really pass out after being saved from drowning?
 
"Javier, you're awake!" Changmin happily cheered and came to my side.
"I was so worried that you might have hurt your head by the fall."
 
"What happened after I passed out?" I asked.
 
"Well, the stretcher arrived soon after, so nothing much happened." Changmin thought for a while and continued.
"You really are a lucky guy 
Javier."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Haven't you woken up yet? Take a look around!" he smiled and walked out of the room.
 
 
What was he referring to? All I saw was the nurses busy attending to people around me.
Wait a second, I don't have one assigned to me?
I took up the board by the bed and indeed, there was nothing written on.
My answer soon came into the room.
 
"Krystal?" I called out.
 
"Yes Javier, do you need something?" She came to the side of my bed and held my hand.
 
"Why are you here?" I asked, not knowing a thing.
 
"I felt bad about what Myungsoo did...So I wanted to take care of you until you recover."
 
"It's okay Krystal, I'm sure you're tired already, go home and have a good rest..." I persuaded. "I'll be fine..."
 
 
Krystal suddenly started crying quietly and covered her face within the blanket I was under.
I was stunned. She was crying again but I didn't know what reason it held.
Taking a deep breath and sat up onto the bed and tapped onto her shoulder.
 
"Excuse me miss, can I have the privacy curtains engaged?" I called out to the nurse walking out of the room.
 
"Sure sir, I'll get to it." She nodded her head and pulled the curtains around my section of the room.
 
"Krystal." I shook her shoulders lightly and said. "Come up here."
 
 
Krystal lifted her head and looked into my eyes.
Although I was stunned by the beauty in her eyes, I patted on the bed to get her to come up.
Krystal smiled slightly and shook her head, refusing my offer. But I wasn't going to let it go that way.
 
I got off the bed quietly and with one force, I lifted her within my arms and set her down on the bed.
Krystal was shocked and her expression was in disbelief.
 
"Why are you crying?" I asked quietly while she sat beside me.
 
"I'm just reminded of what happened earlier on in the morning..." She sobbed. 
 
"Now that you've reminded me, how did you fall off the ledge?"
 
"It's like this..." Krystal explained.
 
 
When Myungsoo and I walked to one side to have our talk...
He felt almost as if he was still the same Myungsoo as I've known ...
The way he talked was exactly like the way he did when he used to court me...
 
I felt relieved. I thought he was simply just jealous and acted like he was cold.
Throughout the months that I came into this school with Myungsoo, I'll admit...I was an icon.
An icon to boys, a prize they wanted badly...
And so I grew popular with the boys around the campus. But no matter what those boys do...
 
There's only Myungsoo...
 
Until that one day...Myungsoo wanted to go out in the middle of the night.
As I was at home, I feared for his safety. But he told me to get to sleep, and I did.
The next morning, the cold-hearted and harsh Myungsoo emerged...As if he changed overnight.
 
That aside...
So we talked, and he begged me to ignore you.
He promised to love me even more than before. For once in so long, I was happy...
As I looked down and wanted to cry, he picked me up and toss me off the ledge.
While he pretended to pull me up, he utter something that shattered my heart...
 
"Soojung ah...I'm saying goodbye."
 
 
With all these being said, Krystal finally stopped crying and hugged her knees.
I can't believe she had to go through all of that in a matter of seconds that I was away from them.
While I thought about what she had told me, Krystal's head leaned onto my shoulders once more.
 
"Krystal...It must have been hard on you." I placed my arm over and her back gently.
 
"I'm sorry...Javier. I'm sorry for getting you into this mess." Krystal sighed and closed her eyes.
 
 
The moment she closed her eyes, tears started to flow down her cheeks again.
I wonder how much tears she has already cried for Myungsoo...It's such a pity.
They were a good couple. But why did he took a sudden change?
Something must have happened that night when he went out.
 
Just then, I've notice how close I was to Krystal physically.
With her lying on my shoulder, her forehead was pressing against my neck.
My heart started pounding again. How? How can I stop this anxiety before she notice it?
 
"Is this awkward for you?" Krystal asked all of the sudden.
 
"No. Why do you ask?" I gulped.
 
"Your heartbeat is racing." She chuckled softly while she continued to close her eyes.
 
"Yah Javier, you can go home now!" Changmin's loud and joyous voice sounded over the curtains.
 
 
He pulled the curtain apart and saw the two of us sitting together.
A brief moment of shock gathered onto his face. The shocked expression slowly turned into a grin.
As he mouthed sorry, he closed the curtains and walked out of the room.
 
"Now that, is awkward." I joked, expecting a response from Krystal.
 
 
But there was none. She was all quiet in that position.
And it dawned on me that she had already fallen asleep.
I carefully lifted her head from my shoulders and lowered her onto the pillow.
And she woke up for a brief minute.
 
"Call my sister please, tell her I'l be home late..." Krystal instructed.
 
"You really are going to sleep here?" I wondered and took up her mobile.
 
 
Now there's a problem. What's her sister's name?
I scratched my head and gave a deep thought onto it.
As I scrolled through her contact list, I realized that apart from her father, Myungsoo was the only guy contact she had.
While looking through the middle part of her contact list, I saw a name that made me snap my fingers.
 
"Bingo. Jessica Jung." I happily clicked the dial button.
 
 
"Hello?" The girl answered the phone rather quickly."Yah unnie, where are you?"
 
"Uh..hi there." I spoke, making her pause.
 
"Who is this?!" Her sister exclaimed.
 
"I'm Soojung's friend. She wants me to inform you that she will be a little late today." I explained.
 
"Reason?" She asked suspiciously.
 
 
Krystal woke up again suddenly and went ahead to continue the call...
 
"I want to have a short nap Sooyeon." Krystal explained.
 
"With a guy beside you?!" Jessica snapped.
 
"I trust him. I'll be back later on, don't worry. Bye!"
 
 
I glanced at Krystal as she put her mobile back into her pocket..
She laid back down onto the bed and looked up at me.
 
"Are you feeling alright?" I asked. "You really should be going home if you want to sleep."
 
"I have things at home that are from Myungsoo...I don't want to start crying so soon." Krystal sighed.
 
"Then what do you want to do?" I asked, getting off the bed.
 
"Maybe I'll just put them all in a box and bury it." She joked. "Where are you going?"
 
"It's getting kind of late, do you want to go home?" I asked. "I'll send you home..."
 
"Sure." She smiled and took her belongings with her and headed to the parking lot with me.
 
 
 
Along the journey home, Krystal utter nothing and kept looking around the car.
Her curiosity led her to picking up ornaments, notes and even pieces of candy wrappers that I left in the car.
 
"So how did you get a car?" She asked in awe.
 
"My father bought it for me, in compensation for the loss of my friends." I explained. 
"Although I didn't feel the need for it, I still accepted it just in case."
 
"I see. Hey, make a turn in front. We're almost there." She instructed.
 
"Okay." I nodded and followed her direction.
 
 
My car pulled into a street filled with private housings.
I assume that she lives in one of them. With what she said, I stopped in front of a house that is painted in all white.
However, there was a figure at the front of the gates.
He turned around, noticing the headlights of my car.
Myungsoo...
 
"Krystal, take care..." I told her, worried.
 
"Want to come in?" She offered. "I'll make some tea."
 
"No thanks. It's getting late..." I smiled and gave her a card with my contact on.
 
 
Krystal thanked me once again and stepped out of the car.
Just in case anything happens, I didn't drive off and just stayed in the car, watching her walk to Myungsoo.
 
 
Meanwhile...
 
"Krystal. Can we talk?" Myungsoo pulled onto Krystal and begged.
 
"What more do we have to talk about? You tried to kill us!" Krystal cried out and opened her house gates.
 
"I'm sorry...Please come back to me." Myungsoo begged.
 
"I'm not believing you anymore..." Krystal uttered on the verge of tears. "Leave me alone..."
 
"Krystal!"
 
"Leave!" Krystal pointed to the direction of the main road.
 
Myungsoo shook his head and had no choice.
 
 
He walked away from the Jungs and headed somewhere else.
As he passed my car, he stared into the car and gave me the same arrogant smirk before walking away.
I ignored what he did and turned my attention back to Krystal, who was still standing outside the house.
With her head looking down, I knew what was up with her...
 
"Krystal..." I called out as I approached her.
 
"How much more tears do I need to cry for him..." She sobbed and rubbed her eyes.
 
"Is he deserving of those tears?" I asked.
 
"Of cause he isn't!" A girl who seemed a little shorter than Krystal exclaimed as she came out of the house.
 
"Unnie, how long more do you plan to cry for Myungsoo?!" She frowned.
 
"Jessica...I really love Myungsoo a lot..." Krystal wailed. "Please don't make me feel any worst."
 
"Fine." Jessica folded her arms and walked back into the house.
 
"Aren't you going to go inside?"
 
 
Krystal nodded her head and started walking into the house.
Just then, she ran towards me and gave me a hug.
 
"What's the matter?" I her back and asked.
 
"Thank you for all that you did... I'm sorry for showing my weaker side today." She whispered.
 
"Don't worry Krystal, I'll always be here to help you." I promised. "Have a good night."
 
 
Krystal nodded and headed back into the house.
As I sat back into my car, thoughts about the day rushed through my mind.
Realizing how late it was already, I quickly drove home to have a good long rest.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Do you all like longer chapters like these or shorter ones?
Please do leave a comment for me to understand what my readers want~