Rewarding.

♥Oh My Soojung.♥

 


All five of them looked nothing like before.
With Jaejoong standing in the middle, I felt as if he had found his longed place already.
Krystal trembled while holding on to my arm. I guess she still has that trauma.

"How are you feeling Javier?" Jaejoong asked and placed the basket of fruits on the table before me. "Feeling better?"

"Yes I am." I smiled in reply to his concern. "I'm really happy to see you standing along side Yunho and Changmin again."

"It was our mistake to have left the two of them... But to think that they still brought themselves to forgive us, really makes me feel bad for what I did." Jaejoong looked up at Yunho and said. 
"Apart from that, I feel that there is a need for this..."

 

I watched in shock as Junsu, Yoochun and Jaejoong knelt down before me, looking down at the floor.
I sat up and desperately refused what they were doing. But the three of them remained in that position, not moving.

"We're really sorry for hurting the two of you." Junsu apologised, bowing down in regret.

"We don't expect you to forgive us, but know that we know about our wrongs." Yoochun sighed and bowed.

"Please accept our apologies for being the jerks we used to be..." Jaejoong held the edge of the bed and bowed.

 

As things could get ugly if someone sees this, I accepted their apologies and quickly begged for them to get up.
Thanking me with their heart, the three of them got up and walked behind Yunho, whom came to me with a smile.

"Javier right? My name is Jung Yunho." He introduced with a polite bow. "I am the leader...of our group."

"Nice to finally meet you Yunho." I nodded and suddenly remembered that he was the same guy that saved Krystal that time. "Thank you."

"Thanking me? Whatever for?" He asked, puzzled.

"Thank you for saving Krystal...yet again. I couldn't properly thank you for the previous time so I hope I can thank you properly here." I struggled to stand up to the tall man and reached out my hand. 
"Thank you..."

"Its my pleasure. She is a really beautiful girl. Be sure to treasure her." Yunho grinned and shook my hand. 
"Please lie down, I doubt you can stand for too long just yet."

 

Seeing that the five of them have recovered from their past feud made me feel glad.
I obeyed Yunho's words and laid back onto the bed, ignoring the straining feeling that I feel in my waist.
The four of them soon left the ward for me to rest as they have their own business to attend to as well.
Krystal finally relaxed herself and behaved more to her usual self.

"That was so tense..." She sighed and brought a chair to my side.

"You're still traumatized by Jaejoong right?" I asked, making Changmin and Victoria paused in their conversation to look at Krystal.

"Yes. Just a little..." Krystal admitted. "Whenever I see his face, I keep getting reminded of how he treated you and how he almost violated me."

"I'll apologize on the behalf of him..." Changmin suddenly spoke up. "I'm really sorry about what you went through."

"It's okay Changmin, I'll get it over really soon."

 

I smiled at Krystal and looked around the room, in search of Myungsoo. But where is he?
Krystal seemed to know what was on my mind. She tapped me on the shoulder, getting my attention.

"He went somewhere far away to recuperate." Krystal explained. "We won't be seeing him for a very long time."

"How did you know what was on my mind?" I laughed in shock.

"I just know you. Better than you know yourself." Krystal laughed and jumped onto my body. "I hope this hurts."

"What? Oww !" I wailed as she pressed down onto my ribs. "What was that for babe?!"

"I should be asking you that !" Krystal pouted and stared down at me. "You just saw me after your long sleep and yet you are finding Myungsoo instead of me?"

"Jealous again are we?" I teased and locked my arms around her back, pulling her down to me.

 

Krystal's long hair fell onto my face, engulfing me on the milky scent of her shampoo.
A signature smell of her that I've longed deeply for a long time.
To show her guilt on hurting me ever so slightly, Krystal's strong front disappeared and she transformed into the woman that loved me most.
Her hands held onto the sides of my shoulder as she buried herself in my embrace.

"Sorry." She giggled gently and massaged my abs, easing them of the tension that she inflicted. "You know I love you."

"Have I ever once doubted you?" I kissed her temples, attracting redness around her cheeks like a magnet.

"You two...are so untolerable." Victoria teased, eyeing us with a huge grin. "I don't want Changmin to ever behave that way."

"Let's try Qian." Changmin chuckled and push Victoria to the wall. "You're my ecstasy..."

"Ah stop it Changmin ! You're giving me goosebumps !" Victoria wailed and pushed him away.

 

Krystal and I laughed at the silly duo whom are in the midst of a heated argument.
One that was so harmless to their relationship. One that brought the closer to each other.
Tugging onto me, Krystal made me turn my head up to face her.
Currents began to create a natural link between our eyes. One that drew our faces close together.
Kissing her supple lips, I felt a wave of energy generate within me...

Another week passed and soon, I was to be discharged.
On that day, Krystal came by naturally to fetch me home. But little did I know that Krystal had also brought her family along.
I wasn't surprise to be greeted by Jessica and Mrs Jung with a smile. What made me tilt my head in confusion was Mr Jung.
He walked into my ward with grin spreading across his usual cold expression.

"Hi Javier oppa. I hope you are feeling better." Jessica came by me on the bed and put her arms around my neck. 

"I'm fine now Jessica." I assured. "I'm all recovered."

"That's great !" Jessica laughed and gave me a hug.

"Yah Sooyeon..." Krystal pouted in jealousy. "Don't overdo it."

"Oops. Sorry unnie." Jessica giggled and quickly ran behind Mrs Jung. "I'm just glad to see oppa."

 

Krystal led her father to me as I got up and sat by the bed, wearing my shoes.
Her father sat on the bed opposite of me, looking at me with the most eager of eye.
Following each of my movements closely, he fiddled with some bedside ornaments just before opening his mouth.

"Why don't you come by our place first Javier?" He suggested, making me raise my eyebrows.

"Well sure. It's been awhile since I've last been there." I agreed with no hesitation. 

"Wonderful. Let's go." Mr Jung smiled and walked out of the wards with Jessica and Mrs Jung.

"I have a really good feeling about this." Krystal happily said and helped me with the packing.

 

We went down the hospital to join the rest of the Jungs whom are waiting in their car for us.
Krystal held my hand tightly and pulled me along to their SUV.
Upon getting into the car, Mr Jung continued with his cheerful side, talking to me freely like he never did in the past.
It is awkward in a sense for me...but still, I like the fact that he is trying to get to know me.
Soon, we arrive at the Jungs.

"You ladies get to your business. I want to talk to this man over here separately." Mr Jung chuckled and led me up to his study.

"Okay?" Krystal replied with a slight questioning tone to her voice.

 

In his study, I realized that Mr Jung was all prepared to meet me today.
Along his glass table, he has laid multiple photo albums that were labelled "My Babies."
He need not tell me what was it about. I already knew who's photos I should be expecting in those.
He gestured for me to sit by the couch while he brew us one of the most aromatic of coffee.

"Please do go ahead and look through those." He instructed, chuckling to himself.

"Okay sir." I bowed my head and proceeded to take up one that was labelled "The Beginning."

 

I flipped open the hard leather cover, revealing the first page of the album.
An infant's photo was printed in a relatively large size. This may be the first of all the collections.
I stared at the photo for a brief minute and recognized her to be my lover.

"Krystal hasn't really changed." I commented with a smile on my face as I browsed through the album. "She has always been so pretty."

"She sure is." He nodded his head and handed me the coffee. "I'm really proud to have a daughter like Krystal."

"I know sir... That's probably why you're so against our relationship." I chuckled awkwardly. "I have nothing that Myungsoo have anyway."

"That's not entirely true Javier." Mr Jung replied and handed me an album that has photos of Krystal's youth as a teenager.

 

Surprisingly, the liveliness of her previous photo couldn't be seen in her face.
Even in family photographs, she had a grim expression concealing her natural smile.
She looked tired, disappointed or even emotionless.

"I scanned through that not long ago..." Mr Jung sighed. "And it really dawned on me that my pressuring of Krystal to marry Myungsoo turned her into that."

"Sir..." 

"I feel so bad when I see her in those states." He shook his head and sip his coffee. "I've caused more harm to my own daughter than I knew."

"I'm sure Krystal hold no grudge for you sir." I consoled.

"I know she doesn't. Which makes me feel worst." He paused. "But then you came along."

"Me?"

"When you came to our house with Krystal, I saw the light glowing on her...like it used to." He looked into my eyes intensely. "She looks happy once again."

 

After a few more stories about how bad he felt, he dismissed me and told me to wait downstairs.
With no hurt in my mind, I headed downstairs as told. Krystal saw me and quickly came by, checking if I was ranted at.
But her father's approach at the two of us made her stop and face her.

"Javier...Give me your hand." He smiled and reached out for me.

"Okay sir?" I did as he said and place my hand in his sturdy palm.

"Soojung, do the same please." He nodded his head and held out his other hand.

 

With both our hands in his own respectively, he brought them closer to each other.
He took a few seconds to look at me. And then back at Krystal.
Finally, he place out hands atop one another and gently shook it.

"I approve of your relationship with Javier...Krystal." He beamed.

"Really father? You really give us the permission to date?!" She shrieked and happily jumped around.

"Yes...Javier, please take care of my daughter carefully."

"You have my word." I promised and slowly lowered our locked hands.

 

He glanced out of the window. With the abyssal black tint to the sky, he turned back to us and told us to have an early night.
We nodded and walked out of the Jungs, happier than ever before.

"Javier and Krystal." He called out, pausing us.

"Yes?" I trembled, fearing that he was fooling us all this time.

"If you have that in mind...Yes. I agree to it." He smiled and walk back into the house.

"Have what?" I asked, but he just laughed and walk back into the house.

"Silly oppa !" Jessica shouted and walked out of the house. "Daddy agreed to your wedding !"

 

Mr Jung turned around and waved at us with a smile across his face once again.
Krystal couldn't believe her ears. She came into my arms and hugged me tightly.
I nodded my head at them, telling them that I got their idea and left the Jungs for the night. 

 

After the rewarding day, I am finally back in my own apartment.
I carried Krystal happily into the room. What this moment felt like was definitely worth all the pain I've endured.
That yes that Mr Jung brought himself to say before we left their place, was the best thing I've heard so far.
It wasn't just a permission to have his daughter's hand in marriage. It was a recognition of my love for Krystal.

Krystal's never been so happy for the past two months we've spent together.
Although we had our happy times, this one is what we've been waiting for.
She sat back on the bed and hugged me.

"Now calling you sweetie would really be right huh?" She asked, titling her head to one side cutely.

"Of cause it is babe." I snickered and poked her nose. "I'll go have a shower first."

"Go on." Krystal grinned and let me out of her arms. "I'll go make some food. I'm hungry."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------