Chapter 8: Secrets Are Best Kept

The Teacher I Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You were walking home slowly like a sluggish sloth. It was hard to forget about detention. Sunggyu’s taste still lingers on your lips. You still remembered the exact moments when it happened, but why though? You were still unsure why Sunggyu kissed you in the first place. Your thoughts became clogged up in your head, ignoring your surroundings as you walked straight home.

You got home, opening the door but forgetting that it was locked. “Oppa must still be at school,” you mumbled. You were going to grab out your phone from your pocket but you couldn’t reach it. Your phone was missing and you started to panic. But you then realized that it was thrown away by Sunggyu. You pouted.

Now the only thing you could do was to wait for Woohyun. Doubting that he will ever come home until he knows you’re here. You pouted again.

Time passed, it has been nearly 30 minutes since you stood outside your house waiting for Woohyun. Of course you were bored. You only saw cars drive pass and people walk by while waiting. You sighed. You checked your iPod and it was nearly 5:00. You’d actually thought he would come home by now or even been told by Sunggyu that you’re already home.

“Yah, what are you doing down there?” you heard someone yell at you. You turned to find who it was. “Yah ~~~~-ah,” you felt someone tap you shoulder unexpectedly you jumped surprised.

You turned around seeing Gongchan smiling at you so cheekily. “Yah Gongchan, when will you stop doing that?” you complained to him about him sneaking up on you too much.

“Mianhae ~~~~-ah,” Gongchan pouted with cuteness. You just chuckled and pinched his cheeks. He immediately reacted by replacing his cuteness with curiosity. “Anyway, why are you in front of your house when you should be inside it?”

“Well that’s the thing,” you replied. “Woo…” you paused for a moment. As Sunggyu’s words echo in your head saying about keeping a teacher and sibling family relationship a secret. “I can’t get in,” you finalized your answer.

“Wae?” you knew Gongchan wanted more answers. But that was the only thing you could say to prevent him from knowing the-you-know-what. “Actually, why don’t you sleep over my house tonight?”

“What?” Really? You thought, Me sleeping over at Gongchan’s place? You thought it through. You have never been to a guy’s place before. “Okay,” I’m going to regret this you thought again.

 

“YEAH, I win 5 times in a row,” Gongchan jumps up with excitement like a little kid would. You pouted with disappointment. You lost in playing a video game with Gongchan, though you weren’t the best at playing video games which made you a complete NOOB to him. “Let’s play another game, you keep losing at this one,” Gongchan teases you. He grabbed out a couple of games but returned them thinking you may not like the genre or rating of it.

“Can we not play a video game this time?” you didn’t want to lose anymore, you wanted to win against him in something.

“Hmm… What about Truth or Dare?” Gongchan asked you. Really? Is that all he could think of? You thought.

“How about something else?”

“I like this game better and besides we’ll get to know each other more if we say Truth,”

“Fine, but I ask you first,” you agreed to play his game not knowing his twists behind his back.

“Okay then, I’ll go truth,”

“The first time you were humiliated yourself,”

“I accidently wet myself in front of the whole class when I was doing an oral presentation,” you laughed too hard when he said it. Gongchan just felt normal, like he didn’t care if he said it at all. “Your turn, truth or dare?”

 

All night you and Gongchan were playing truth or dare in his room; however you guys only went for truth only. Neither of you guys had the guts to go for dare. You thought maybe I should go for Dare this time. “Truth or Dare ~~~~-ah,”

“Dare,” you said it, there was no turning back now from Gongchan’s slightly evil smirk.

“I dare you to kiss me,” he said his dare. You looked at him nervously as he looked at you cockily. I regret it now you thought. You didn’t want to kiss Gongchan, not your friend. But then again why did he ask for that? Did he plan to play this game so you can kiss him or he was just saying it for fun? “Hurry up before I’ll do it,” you heard Gongchan faintly say. You were still worried, but what about Sunggyu? How would he react to this…?

You felt Gongchan’s lips hit your right cheek. You flinched a little from the sudden action. He moved away not looking shy at all. You stared at him dumbfounded that he kisses your cheeks with ease. How can he be so calm? You thought. “You’re no fun ~~~~-ah,” he pouted. You just nodded slightly but nervously. You felt a bit awkward with him. You feel like you shouldn’t sleep in the same house as him, especially when he lives all by himself. You wished you had your phone with you.

“I’ll be leaving now,” you left his room without saying goodbye to him.

“Wait, I thought you were going to sleep over,” you heard him yell from his room. You ignored it and left you your house, luckily it was only next door but unluckily Gongchan can still talk to you from that tree next to your bedroom window.

By now you just hoped that Woohyun would be home at this time. 7:45, he should definitely be home right now. You opened the unlocked door of your house thinking that your brother must be home now. And you have got a lot of explaining to do when he sees you…

*

“Why did you even take that subject in the first place?” Ji Eun was complaining to Sungjong that he chose Drama for one of his subjects however he couldn’t act very well.

“I didn’t chose it, the principal put me in that subject,” Sungjong and Ji Eun were complaining all morning. You just stood there watching the two not getting along with each other. You knew from the start that Ji Eun and Sungjong won’t match as friend material.

“Well don’t blame me if you fail your homework,” Sungjong at Ji Eun’s answer. You just stood there confused at both of them.

“~~~~-ah can you help me? Ji Eun isn’t helpful at all…”

RING~

Sungjong was cut off by the bell. The three of you went straight to homeroom, but you went ahead of them. You wanted to Sungg…Mr Kim today, you wanted to speak to him about yesterday’s incident and also get you phone back.

You opened the door of your classroom to have everyone stare at you. Some of them were glares from male students and some of them were of a she-is-so-brave look from the females. You understand these looks came from the situation yesterday between you and Hyuna. You ignored it and sat in your desk, followed by Sungjong sitting next to you.

You sat there quietly, waiting for Mr Kim to arrive, looking out the window waiting for him. You weren’t sure if he would even come at all, but you’ll just have to wait for the results.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” you heard a voice enter the room, however it wasn’t Mr Kim’s. You turned to look and saw Kevin with his stuff as he places them on Mr Kim’s desk. “Mr Kim is absent, so I’ll be your homeroom and Hangul teacher for the day,” you heard everyone cheering quietly, relieved that Mr Kim wasn’t here. However, you were d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter