A Different Turnout than Expected

I Will Always Protect You

 

“No! Don’t leave me, oppa!!! Don’t leaveeee meeeee!!” Ga-in opened her eyes and she realized that it was just a nightmare.

“Phew, it was just a nightmare...” Ga-in sighed in relief.

The following morning, Ga-in felt moodless to do anything. She felt that all her energy has been used up. She scrolled her contact list: Kwonnie Oppa

She had the urge to press the dial button but she thought to herself: "What should I say to him?" In the end, she clicked on the home button on her phone.

She took the handkerchief that was filled with her blood, personally washed it, put in some scented detergent and dried it.

Just then, she received a message:

From Julia Ahjumma

Ga-in ah, I’m so sorry that I told the old man about your audition. I was worried that something might happen to you. Are you free this afternoon to meet me for afternoon tea? I would like to apologize to you.

To Julia Ahjumma

Don’t worry Julia Ahjumma, it is not your fault. I'm free this afternoon but it will be my treat, not your treat. I would like to thank you for your help.

PS: If you insist on apologizing, I will not appear. :P

 

From Julia Ahjumma

Aigoo. Arrasso Ga-in ah, I will meet you at The Bean Café near Jia Jia and Soo Soo's school at 1pm. I have to pick them up at 3pm. See you there Ga-in ah.

Time check 10.07am

Maybe I should drop by the flower shop before meeting Julia Ahjumma.

Since Ga-in loved plants and flowers ever since she was young, her Dad decided to open a flower shop for her. Ga-in spends most of her time mending the flower shop with the help of Narsha. Ga-in have known Narsha through Miryo as they were high school best friends. Narsha was jobless for a period of time so Miryo has got her this permanent job at the Gain Flower Shop as Ga-in was looking for some help too. Ga-in and Narsha became the best of friends ever since she started to work there. Narsha was always the one that offers a listening ear whenever Ga-in had to pour her sorrows.

-Gain flower shop-

Narsha : “Annyeonghaseyo! Welcome!”

Ga-in : “It’s me, unnie!~”

Narsha : “Oh! It’s you, Ga-in ah! How are you? Aigoo~look at your face! You look like you’re in a pretty bad shape! Look at those dark circles and eye bags...”

Ga-in : “Do I really look that bad, unnie? I had been having a hard time sleeping these days.”

Narsha : “What happened, Ga-in ah? Why can’t you get to sleep?”

Ga-in : “Unnie, I think I've fallen in love.”’

Narsha : “OMO! It’s really shocking to hear this from you!! Ever since I knew you, you never mentioned to me that you liked anyone. Don’t tell me that you….like me?”

Ga-in : “Of course not, unnie! I think I might be in love with the inspector who saved me that day...”

Narsha : “You owe me a story Ga-in ah! Tell me everything quickly!”

So for the next hour, Ga-in spent her time telling Narsha about all the things that Kwon did for her and how he saved her etc...

Ga-in : “Unnie, what do you think? Do you think he likes me too?”

Narsha : “According to what I heard from you and with my years of dating experience, I guess, yes he might be interested in you, Ga-in ah. But do you really like him or do you just have a crush on him because he is always there when you’re in trouble? There is a difference.”

Ga-in : “I don’t know, Unnie...this is the first time I am having these kind of feelings. I don’t know if this is love or not. I am afraid to express it to him and get rejected.”

Narsha : “Ga-in ah, I guess you should just observe your feelings further. If you really think that this is love, express it to him. But if things don’t work out, at least you’ve tried and Unnie will always be here for you.”

Ga-in : “Thank you, Unnie! you’re the best”

Ga-in leaned over to gave Narsha a hug.

Ga-in :“Unnie, I have to go. I’ve an appointment for lunch. I won’t come back to the shop today.”

Narsha : “Have fun, Gain ah! You do not need to worry about the shop. Take care!”

 

-The Bean Café-

Ga-in: “Julia yimo, over here!”

Julia : “Oh Ga-in ah! You are early!”

Ga-in : “It’s okay, yimo...I would like to thank you for helping me with Minsoo Ahjusshi. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn’t be able to get into the audition. Even though I did not qualify for the next round, I am glad that I’ve attempted it so this meal is on me.”

Julia : “Aigoo, Ga-in ah~ don’t say that. It is my fault for telling Minsoo. If I did not tell him,  he would not have alerted your Appa.”

Ga-in : “It is okay yimo, they would have found out anyway.”

Julia : “ Tell me all about your audition, Ga-in ah.”

Ga-in spent the next hour telling Julia about her misfortune, the audition and also about Jo Kwon.

Julia : “That guy seems really concerned about you...buying you shoes and also looked for you when he knew you didn’t qualify for the audition. I guess he is really interested in you.”

Ga-in : “But yimo, he didn’t express to me that he likes me….”

Julia : “But do you like him?”

Ga-in : “I have a different feeling towards him...”

Julia : “I guess you like him too from your expressions when you were talking about him. But girls don’t make the first move, wait for him to make the first move.”

Ga-in : “Arrasso yimo...but I am afraid about this other girl who is his cousin’s friend. She seems to like him too and sounds pretty aggressive when she mentioned about him.”

Julia : “There are definitely other pursuers for such a handsome guy like him. If the two of you are fated to be together, you will be but if you two are not meant to be then even if you guys got married, there will not be happiness at all as well.”

Ga-in : “Ne, I understand that yimo. I’m glad I've met you today. You’ve given me a lot of advice.”

Julia : “No problem, Ga-in ah. You can come to yimo whenever you need advices about anything, understand? OMO! It’s almost time to fetch the twins, I've gotta go.”

Ga-in : “Let me go with you, yimo! It's been a long time since I saw Soo Soo and Jia Jia too.”

Julia : “Sure, let’s go.”

-Outside the twins' school-

Julia : “Uri Soo Soo and Jia Jia~~~have you two been good girls today? See who I've brought with me today! Quickly greet Ga-in unnie.”

Ga- in : “It has been a long time since I saw the two of you! Shall I get you guys ice-cream?”

Soo Soo & Jia Jia : “Yay!!!! I love Ga-in unnie!’

Ga-in went to get ice-cream for the twins while Julia and her children waited at the side. When Ga-in came back 10 minutes later, she spotted Julia quarrelling with someone.

Julia : “They were just kids and have already apologized to you for bumping into you! Why must you still push them?! Fancy bearing a grudge over 2 small kids! Such a shame as an adult!!”

Lady : “So what if they are kids? You, as their mother, do not know how to take care of them by allowing them to play and knock into people! If you don't know how to take care of kids then don't give birth to them! And also, if there was a use for apologies, why don’t I slap you and apologize too? They tore my expensive skirt!”

Ga-in : “What’s happening, yimo? Why are you quarreling…….oh Minyoung-ssi.”

Min : “Oh~so this ahjumma here is your yimo! This probably explains why! Birds of the same feather flock together!”

Ga-in : “I’m sorry, Minyoung-ssi. I don’t understand what you meant by that.”

Min : “Pfft, stop pretending to be an innocent woman. You’re a vixen. Snatching other people’s boyfriend...seriously...Get a life!”

 “Excuse me, do you not have morals at all?!?!” Julia started screaming at Min.

“Calm down, yimo. There is no point being angry with her.” Ga-in said while holding Julia back.

Ga-in : “I don’t understand what you mean, Minyoung-ssi. I guess it was just a misunderstanding. If the kids tore your skirt, I will pay you….”

Min : “So what if you have money? You think you are the only rich one? I have lots of money too! It is the dignity that counts and you, this , better stay away from Kwonnie oppa. He is mine!”

Ga-in : “ I’m sorry Minyoung-ssi,  from what I know, he is still single and for your information, he does not belongs to anyone. Here is the money for your skirt.”

Min took the money and threw it at Ga-in’s face before giving her a slap on her face.

Ga-in was left, stunned, holding her face in pain.

Min : “Kwonnie oppa is mine, you !!! Stay away from him!!! This slap is just a warning for you. I'm not sure what I might do to your face the next time.”

Julia couldn’t take it anymore and she went over and gave Min a tight slap on her face.

Julia : “ THIS slap is for you to wake up and learn to respect others! “

Julia gave Min another slap on the other side of her face.

Julia : “And THIS slap is to tell you to not harm others unnecessarily!”

Min : “You OLD WOMAN how dare you slap me!!!!”

Min went over and started to pull Julia’s hair. A cat fight started.

Ga-in : “Stop it, the two of you! Stop it!”

Two men with lots of tattoo on their arms came out of a black Mercedes and pushed Julia, making her fall on the ground.

Soo Soo & Jia Jia :"Omma! Omma!"

 “Count the two of you lucky this time but the two of you better watch out! Especially you, Son Ga-in! I will not let you off so easily the next time! Lets go! ” Min walked off with the 2 men, showing her middle finger.

Ga-in : “Are you alright, yimo?”

Julia : “Oh yes, I am okay. Are you alright Gainnie? Your face seems really red.”

Ga-in : “I’m sorry, yimo! You have been dragged into this because of me.”

Julia : “Don’t be silly...that girl deserves to be taught a lesson. Is she the girl whom you told me that likes Inspector Jo too?”

Ga-in : “Ne yimo...she is the one but I didn’t expect her to be this violent.”

Julia : “You have to be extra careful now...she seems to have a mafia background . Look at those guys that came to get her. I think it is better to hire a bodyguard to protect you.”

Ga-in : “I’ll be alright, yimo. I better get going now...appa is coming back for dinner and I have a lot to explain to him. Goodbye, yimo! Take care.”

Julia : “Be careful, Ga-in ah!”

-In the car-

Min : “That old lady gave me two slaps. I will make sure that she regrets her actions today and that Son Ga-in…..”

Men  : “Miss, do you want us to help you with this? We could give her house a makeover.”

Min : “That girl is a rich girl, it might not be this easy…I want you to get some snakes and hang a pig head at the old lady’s house.”

Men : “Yes miss, I will get it done.”

The guy then dialled a number and ordered his men.

Min took out her phone and dialled a number : “Uh Sunye-ah, are you free tonight? Can you have dinner together with me?”

Sunye : “I’m sorry, Minnie. I've promised my mum to have dinner at home as cousin is coming over as well. “

Min : “Would it be okay if I join in for your dinner, Sunnie?”

Sunye : “Oh...won’t it be awkward since oppa is here too?”

Min : “I was a little bit too harsh the other day...I want to apologize to him as well.”

Sunye : “Uhh, in that case, I guess...it shouldn’t be a problem! Dinner at 8pm tonight! See you, Minnie!”

Min : “See you in a while, Sunnie.”

“Kwonnie oppa, I will definitely make you mine!” Min thought with a grin.

 

As Gain was driving home, she looked into the mirror.

“Oh no, I can’t go back home with this. I will definitely be questioned by Appa.” Ga-in thought to herself.

Ga-in drove to a convenience store nearby and decided to get some medication, as well as, some ice for her red cheeks. She was about to make payment when she knocked into someone.

Ga-in : “Oh! Mianhaeyo!”

Kwon : “Oh! It’s you, Ga-in ssi! It’s such a coincidence to see you here! What happened to your cheeks?”

Ga-in : “Oh, I accidentally knocked into a lamp post while walking , small issue.”

Kwon :  “You can’t bluff me...this looks like a slap. Let me know who slapped you, let the police handle it for you.”

Ga-in : “It’s nothing..I am okay…”

Kwon: “ It’s okay, Ga-in ssi, don’t be afraid! If you were being bullied, the police will help you.”

Ga-in : “Oppa, it’s okay...I don’t want to make things more complicated. It might just be a slap this time...I don’t know if she would take a knife and point at me next time so please stop forcing me to report to the police...I beg you, Jokwon-ssi.

Kwon : “Who is the 'she', Ga-in ssi? Is it Minyoung-ssi?
 

Ga-in nods quietly.

Kwon : “This is way too much! How could she…”

Ga-in : “Please oppa, please let this matter rest. She seems to have a complicated background and have connections with the mafia. I don’t want you to get hurt….”

Kwon : “But you have nothing to do with this, I told her straight that I have no feelings for her and she thought that you were the third party….. Ridiculous.”

Kwon was really furious to the point that his face turned red. He clenched his fist tightly and took a deep breath before he turned to Ga-in and placed his hands on Ga-in’s shoulders.

Kwon : “I will never let you get hurt again, let me treat your cheeks now.”

Gain : “Oppa…”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Happy 7th Anniversary BEG! ~^^