I am here

I Will Always Protect You

 

Jo Kwon arrived with Seulong at the hospital. There were a lot of people in the room.  Mr Son, Minsoo, Jea, Miryo and Dr Lee were talking to the Ga-in, who was hiding under the blanket. Seulong walked into the ward with Kwon but no one noticed except for Jea.

Jea : Ah! Inspector Jo, you are here! Please come over here.

Kwon : Me ? Arrasseoyo…

Jea : Glad that you are here, Inspector Jo. She wouldn’t talk to anyone. Can you help us?

Kwon : I can try…Perhaps she got scared that there were too many people crowding over here. Maybe you guys can go take a rest? Let me talk to her.

Jea : Sure sure, let’s all go outside.

Everyone left the room and only Jo Kwon was left in the room. He walked next to the bed and sat by her bedside.

Kwon :  Ga-in ssi, is me…. Don’t be scared…no one will hurt you here.

Ga-in :  Go out of the room! Leave me alone!!

Jo Kwon pulled the blanket off and held Ga-in’s hands.

Kwon : Look, it’s me! It’s me, Ga-in ah! Kwon oppa?

Ga-in : AHHHH LET ME GO~~ LET ME GO~~

Ga-in tried to wriggle her hands out from Kwon’s clutch. Suddenly, Kwon pulled her to a hug.

Kwon : Listen Ga-in ah, you are safe now. You are safe now shh….

After struggling for awhile, Ga-in suddenly calmed down.  She laid calmly on his shoulders and he wrapped his arms around her. They stayed quiet like for a minute.

Ga-in  : Oppa…..

Kwon was surprised by that. He pulled away from the hug and looked at her petite face.

Kwon : Ga-in ah, you recognized me?

Ga-in : Oppa, is that really you or am I dreaming?

Kwon : It’s me, Ga-in ah, it’s me.

Ga-in  : Oppa, I’m so scared.

Jo Kwon pulled her close to his chest, ran his fingers slighting through her hair and told her , “Oppa is here, no one will harm you. I will never let anyone harm you.” Unknowingly, he gave her a peck on her forehead.

Kwon : Ga-in ah, don’t be afraid. I will be here. I will apprehend that person who is doing all these to you. All those are not real…they just want you to be afraid. Everything is okay, I promise.

Ga-in : Ne, I trust you oppa. Will you be here with me forever?

Kwon :  I will be here with you, I promise but you’ve got to calm down, okay? Your family and friends were shocked by your behavior just now and I bet Mr Son is now dead worried about you. Shall I ask them to come in now?

Ga-in  : Ne but oppa, can we call them in later? I want to stay like this longer.

Kwon : Silly girl, alright.

Ga-in wrapped her hands tightly around Kwon’s waist. At this very moment, Kwon knows that he has been lying to himself all along. He has broken his promise to Soojin and has fallen for someone else. “Soojin-ah, mianhae…please forgive me…“ Kwon said silently in his heart as he tightened his hug.

 

After a while, Kwon walked out of the ward and Mr Son was the first to rush towards him.

Kwon : Ga-in is okay now, you all can go in to see her.

After Kwon said that, everyone rushed in behind Mr Son.

Mr Son : My darling daughter, are you okay?

The sudden appearance of so many people got Ga-in nervous so she begun to pull her blanket up again. Her heart and mind was looking for Kwon. Suddenly, a warm hand grabbed her. Kwon came, sat beside her and mouthed “I’m here, don’t worry.” For a moment, everyone in the room was shocked at Kwon’s action but nobody said anything.

Mr Son : Are you feeling better already, my dear child?

Ga-in : Appa, don’t worry. I am okay.

Mr Son : I was so afraid that your condition has worsen and your depression has returned. I am so relieved now.

Ga-In leaned forward and hugged her dad. “I’m sorry that I’ve made you worried, Appa! I promise that it will never happen again…”

Mr Son: Silly girl, what’s most important is you, my girl. You don’t need to apologize…it is not your fault.

Ga-in noticed Minsoo, who was standing behind her Dad, wiping tears off his cheeks.

Ga-in : Minsoo-ahjusshi, don’t cry. I am fine now.

Minsoo : No..I am…..not crying………..

Ga-in chuckled: “But I saw you wiping tears off your cheeks.”

Minsoo : Ga-in ah, I am so glad that you are alright now.

Ga-in :  I am sorry everyone, I made you guys worried. I will get well soon.

Changmin : Glad to see you back to normal. Alright everyone, I guess she needs plenty of rest now. Take care, Ga-in dongsaeng.

Mr Son : Darling, Appa will come back to see you again tomorrow.

Jea : Ga-in ah, I will visit you again tomorrow with your favorite snacks!

Miryo : You have plenty of rest, if you need any help just come to me!

Minsoo : Ga-in ah, I will be heading back with your Appa. Have lots of rest~ Ahjusshi will come and visit you with your Julia ahjumma tomorrow. Rest well.

Mr Son: Don’t worry, Seulong and his team will be here to protect you. Just let them know if you need anything.

Seulong : Ne, just let me know, Ms Son. We will be outside the ward.

Ga- in : Sure, thank you for all your concern, I want to get well soon and hang out with you guys.

Kwon: Alright, you must be tired. Lie down and rest now, I will be back later.

Ga-in : You are leaving too, Oppa?

 Kwon : I have got something to attend to, I promise I will be back, okay?

Ga-in : Okay oppa, I will wait for you.

Kwon : You better rest, if not I will not come back.

Ga-in : Arraso oppa , I will go sleep now.

 

Kwon walked out of the room and Seulong tapped him.

Seulong : I told you!

Kwon : Told me what?

Seulong : That you have got something for Ms Son

Kwon : Haha I was just trying to calm her down.

Seulong : No way, your actions looks genuine~

Kwon : I…erm..

Kwon got interrupted by Mr Son who was standing near the ward with Minsoo.

Mr Son : Inspector Jo, thank you.

Kwon : Mr Son, just call me Kwon and don’t mention it, I didn’t do anything.

Mr Son :  Okay, I shall call you Kwon. Kwon, can I ask you a question? Are you together with my daughter?