Unexpected Meeting

I Will Always Protect You

 

Flashback

Jo Kwon received a call from an unknown number while he was on his way to meet his girlfriend. Today is a very special day for him as he has decided to propose to his girlfriend. He answered the call;

Caller : Kwon-ahh, please hurry to the hospital…… soojinnie…..sooojinniee…..

Jo Kwon : Hello? Hello? Who is this?

Caller : Sorry Jo Kwon-ssi, I’m Soojin’s Unnie and the one who called you was our Omma. Please hurry to the hospital now… Soojin just met with a car accident.

Jo Kwon’s jaw dropped. He then rushed to the hospital.

When he arrived at the hospital, he spotted Soojin’s family sobbing sorrowfully outside the operation room. He walked over to them.

YooJin : Jo Kwon-ssi..Soojin…..didn’t make it…..

End of flashback

Jo Kwon woke up from the bad dream. He has not dreamt of such dreams in a while but every single time he does, his morale and mood will drop for the day.

Just then his phone rang,

Kwon : Hello!

Yoojin : Hi Jo Kwon-ssi, it’s Yoojin. Sorry to bother you early in the morning but I have an urgent business trip today. Omma has a checkup at the hospital this afternoon and I couldn’t find anyone to accompany her. Would you be able to bring her to the hospital for her check-up today?

Kwon : Uh no problem, I am able to get some time off this afternoon. Don’t worry and have a safe trip.

Yoojin : Oh! Thank you so much, Jo Kwon-ssi! I will treat you to a meal when I am back from my trip.

Kwon : haha no, it’s okay, really, Yoojin-ssi.

Yoojin :  No, I insist. If not, I will get someone else.

Kwon : You are really stubborn… ok then. Thank you in advance for the meal. Have a safe trip!

Kwon put down the phone and went to wash up. Ever since Soojin died, he has continued to keep a close relationship with her family members. He has always treated her Omma as his own.

 

-Hospital-

Mr Son and Minsoo were pacing frantically outside the operation ward.

Mr Son : What’s taking them so long??? I hope that she is okay….

Minsoo : Mr Son, calm down.

The operation light went off and the doctor came out.

Mr Son : Doctor Lee, how is my daughter? Is she okay?

Doctor Lee : She is okay, Mr Son. She overdosed on sleeping pills, which made her unconscious. We have already cleared it and she is out of danger. She will be pushed to the ward shortly.

Mr Son : Thank god! Thank you, Doctor Lee.

-Hospital Ward-

Ga-in opened her eyes. The ward’s bright lights stung her eyes a little. She blinked a few times before seeing her Dad’s face.

Mr Son : My precious girl, are you okay?

Ga-in : Appa, where am I now? Ouch! My head hurts!

Mr Son : Minsoo-ah, get the doctor to check on Gainnie NOW! Don’t worry my precious girl, you will be fine. Appa will not let anything happen to you.

Doctor Lee came in and asked everyone to go out before giving Ga-in a thorough check up.

Doctor Lee: It seems that everything is okay, Gain-ssi. You are just feeling the after effect of the operation. Rest more and you will be fine in a few days.

Ga-in : Thank you, Changmin oppa but my head still hurts and I can’t recall a single thing that happened last night.

Doctor Lee : You overdosed on sleeping pills. Please don’t do this anymore next time, okay?

Ga-in : Oh yeah, I’m starting to recall about that. I couldn’t go to sleep, oppa…and I was having terrible headaches. Every time I close my eyes, the image of that doll comes into my mind.

Doctor Lee:  You have to relax…no one will harm you, I will let your dad know that you are okay. Have plenty of rest now, I will come back to see you later.

Doctor Lee went out of the ward to inform Mr Son about Ga-in’s condition.

Doctor Lee Changmin is a friend of Miryo. They were from the same university and they studied psychology together but Changmin have decided to drop out to become a doctor after his Mum passed away due to an unknown disease. He swore to join the medical field ever since then.

Minsoo : Doctor Lee is out!

Mr Son : How is Ga-in?

Doctor Lee : Ga-in is fine. She just needs plenty of rest and she will be well again.

Mr Son : There are no side effects right? She looked so pale.

Doctor Lee : She is still recovering from her operation so she will be looking a little pale. She should be fine, Mr Son. You can go in and visit her.

Minsoo : Mr Son, let’s go in and see her. Thank you Dr Lee.

 

-SooJin’s place-

Jo Kwon arrived at Soojin’s Omma’s place. He always comes here with a heavy heart because it reminds him of the happy times he has had with Soojin. He finally recomposed himself and pressed the doorbell.

Soojin’s Omma : Who is that?

Kwon : Omonim, it’s me, Jo Kwon.

Soojin’s Omma opens the door.

Soojin’s Omma : Uhh~Kwonnie-ah, what are you doing here?

Kwon : I am here to accompany you to the hospital for your check-up.

Soojin Omma : Aigoo, there’s no need to bother you. I can go there myself. It must have been Yoojinnie....

Kwon : Omonim, there’s no trouble as I am free today and it’s my pleasure to accompany you.

Soojin Omma : Aigoo, arrasso. You are a very good boy…it’s a pity that my Soojinnie didn’t have this fortune…

Kwon : Omonim, let’s not talk about the unhappy things. Let’s go for lunch after your check-up. It has been a while since I had a meal together with you.

Soojin Omma : Okay, thank you, Kwonnie-ah.

 

-Hospital’s ward-

Ga-in just managed to convince her dad and Minsoo to go back to have some rest. She laid on the bed and looked up at the ceiling. She still could not shake off the image of the doll from her mind but she didn’t want to tell her Dad to worry him more after seeing him being so worried. He looked like he has aged within a day and Minsoo-ahjusshi’s hair was in a mess and his dark circles could be seen. She could not let these two old men worry for her anymore. She took out her phone, scrolled through her phone contacts and saw Kwon’s name. She missed him and wished that he was here beside her at this very moment. She fought her reluctance and decided to send him a text message.

 

 To : Kwon

Annyeong Oppa, Have a great day at work today! Fighting ^_^ -Gain

She hesitated for a moment, thinking if she should send this message to him.

Ga-in: What if he doesn’t reply? What if I am bothering him? What if…….

After hesitating for a long time, she clicked on the ‘delete draft’ button on her phone, and threw it into the drawer next to the bed and pulled the blanket to cover her head.  At this moment, someone knocked on her door.

Ga-in : Ne, please come in~

Seulong : Annyeonghaseyo Ms Son, are you okay?

Ga-in : Oh, I am fine. And you are…?

Seulong : Oh, I have not officially introduced myself to you, have I? Annyeonghaseyo, I am Im Seulong and I was hired by your Dad to ensure your safety, Ms Son. My members and I will be outside the ward so if you need any help, do inform us.

Ga-in : Oh, thank you very much, Seulong-ssi. Thank you and your team for all the hard work.

Seulong : Don’t mention it. Just let us know if you need anything, okay? I will go out now.

Ga-in : Ne, Kamsahamnida~

 

Jo Kwon has just arrived at the hospital with Soojin’s Omma for her check-up.

Soojin’s Omma : Gomowo Kwonnie-ah. You can go back now. I will be fine.

Kwon : Omonim, I’m really okay with this and I am free the whole day.  I will wait for you outside.

Soojin’s Omma :  You’re a really stubborn boy…arraso, I will treat you to lunch later.

Kwon : Ne~Omonim, see you later.

Kwon went to the main hall and sat down. He took out his phone and there was one unread text message.

 

From : Minyoung

OPPA ANNYEONG! I miss you so much. I am sorry for behaving like a little girl yesterday. Let me buy you dinner tonight as an apology. -Love Min

“This girl just doesn’t learn…” Kwon thought to himself. He has decided to just ignore Min’s message and headed to the coffee dispenser to grab a cup of coffee. Suddenly, someone tapped him on his shoulder and he turned back.

Seulong: Is that you, Kwon?

Kwon: Oh Seulong-ah! It’s been a long time! How are you??

Seulong: I’m doing great! I am currently working at my uncle’s security company. Are you still at the crime prevention division?

Kwon: Unfortunately, I am still there. It’s a pity that you left the police force.

Seulong: I kind of miss my crime solving days but my uncle suffered a heart attack and he needs someone for his company. Speaking of that, why are you here?

Kwon: Ah, I accompanied Soojin’s Omma for her check-up, what about you? Are you not feeling well?

Seulong: No no, I am actually on duty now. Just wanted to grab a cup of coffee and I saw you.

Kwon: Oh, you’re on duty now? I shall not bother you then.

Seulong : No worries, my subordinates are taking care of the business at the moment.  I can catch a breather, worked through the night.

Kwon : Wow, do you wanna go catch a nap or something??

Just then, Seulong received a call.

Seulong :  Hello…..Really?!! Alright, I will be right back!

Kwon : Is everything alright, Seulong-ah?

Seulong : I have to rush back to the ward! My subordinate just called and said that he just heard my client’s scream and it seemed unusual! I have to rush back now.

Kwon : Sounds serious, do you need any help?

Seulong : Thanks, Kwon-ah but I will be fine. Catch up with you again.

Kwon : Alright see ya soon...

Seulong ran back immediately, leaving Kwon by the coffee dispenser machine. He bought a cup of coffee and headed back to the main hall. As he was walking back, he saw lots of nurses and doctors walking frantically towards one direction. He overheard a conversation between the doctor and the nurse, “get the stabilizer and some cloth ready”.  As Soojin’s Omma has yet to be done with her check-up, Kwon decided to follow the doctor and nurses to see what has happened.  He followed them and stopped outside ward 920 and there were a lot of people inside the room. “Leave me alone pleaseee….. just leave me alone.” can be heard from inside the ward. “Please calm down, where is the doctor?!” Jo Kwon got curious so he has decided to take a closer look.

“Oh, it’s Seulong.” Kwon thought to himself. He saw Seulong frantically holding onto someone on the bed with his subordinates. Because it was quite chaotic, he could not see the person on the bed. Soon after, the doctors and nurses came and asked all others to leave and pulled the curtains. Seulong and his subordinates then came out from the room.

Seulong : Oh! Kwon-ah, why are you are here?

Kwon : I’m sorry…I got curious so I came by to take a look. Is everything okay?

Seulong : Yeah, I guess she will be okay after the stabilizer. She was all okay a little while ago when I saw her in the ward. I wondered what happened.  Let me ask my subordinate.

Seulong : Joon-ah, what happened just now?

Joon : I am not sure, I heard a loud scream from Ms Son and when I walked in, she was covering herself with the blanket. Her phone was on the ground though. When I walked closer to take a look, I saw a picture of a bloody doll.

Seulong : I guess that triggered it. We have to find out who sent those. Joon-ah get this phone to the IT department.

Kwon : I’m sorry but did you just mention ‘Ms Son’? Is it Ms Son Ga-in????

Seulong : Oh yes, its Ms Son Ga-in. Kwon-ah, do you know her ??

Kwon : OMG~