I'm In Love

I Will Always Protect You

 

“Excuse me, who is Miss Son Ga-in?” the staff asked.

Ga-in : “Ne, That’s me.”

Staff : “A man outside asked me to pass this bag of things to you. ”

Ga-in : “Oh ne, kamsahamnida!”

Ga-in opened the big bag and found three shoeboxes inside. She opened one of the box and found a beautiful pair of slippers inside with a note:

I know your leg hurts wearing those heels. I hope these fits. I do not know your shoe size so I bought several pairs. Find one that suits you. Fighting! –JK

Min : “ooooooo who are these from? Your secret admirer? So caring of him.”

Ga-in just smiled while she tried on the shoes, finding the pair that suits her. She thought to herself, no one has been so nice towards her besides her Appa, Minsoo ahjusshi and her late oppa.

“Is he really the one? Is he really my fate?”

Staff : “Participant number 4998,4999 and 5000, please enter the room now.”

Ga-in took a deep breath and walked into the audition room. She couldn’t contain herself and let out a squeal when she saw her idol, Park Jin Young.

“Omo, it’s Jin Young oppa! He is so dashing! So handsome!!! ” Ga-in thought in her mind.

JYP : “Annyeonghaseyo all, number 4998 you can start now.”

Ga-in : “Annyeonghaseyo Jin Young Oppa! I am a huge fan of yours! Today I am going to sing I’m in Love by Ra.D . “

Ga-in took a deep breath and started singing.

-Outside the audition room-

Jo Kwon has been waiting outside after getting the slippers for Ga-in. He had no idea why he did that. Somehow, she reminded him of his late girlfriend.

“Hello Jo Kwon-ssi!” Jea spotted Kwon standing by the side of the audition hall exit.

Kwon : “Oh annyeonghaseyo Jea-ssi! How was your audition?”

Jea : “I can’t believe that you are the first one that I am telling but… I GOT THROUGH!!!!! And Jin Young Oppa told me that he loves my voice! I am so gonna call everyone to tell them!”

Kwon : “Congratulations! I am happy for you!”

Jea : “Please excuse me for a moment~ I am going to call all my friends to tell them…I am sooooo happy!”

-After an hour-

“OPPPPAAAAA! You are here!! I miss you so much!” Min exclaimed happily and she gave Kwon a hug.

Kwon : “So how did you two fare? Passed the audition?”

Min waved her passed audition shirt.

Min : “Sunye and I both got through to the next round!  Where shall we go to celebrate? Oppa’s gonna be treating us right?!”

Kwon : “Congrats! I am happy for the both of you! Sure! My treat! Anywhere you wanna go?”

Min : “Oppa is the best!!!! Let’s go for Japanese food!!!! I love Japanese food!!!”

Kwon : “Are you going to make my pocket bleed, Min young-ah? But no problem! Oppa will treat. By the way, where is Ga-in ssi? She was supposed to be with you guys right?”

Min : “Ah, that girl, she didn’t get through. Oppa let’s go!”

Kwon : “She didn’t? But she was still supposed to come out right?”

Sunye :”I think her voice is fantastic, even the judges agreed but then they didn’t let her go through to the second round…I wonder why….”

Kwon : “She must be very upset…where is she?”

Min : “Why are you so concerned about her, oppa?! Let’s go and eat!!! I am hungry!!”

Kwon : “You guys can go ahead to the restaurant first. Text me the address…I will meet you guys there.”

Min : “Oppa!!! Shy aren’t you coming along with us?!!”

Kwon : “My bike cannot contain all of 3 us, Min young-ah. You go ahead with Sunye first and I will meet you there shortly, okay?”

Min : “Arrasso oppa~ I will wait for you there.”

Sunye: “See you there cousin!”

Kwon walked into the audition hall and searched around but he couldn’t find Ga-in. He went all around the building but she still couldn’t find her.

“Ga-in ah, where did you go?” Kwon thought in his mind.

Kwon decided to go and search a park nearby but there is still no trace of Ga-in. He tried his luck by searching a beach nearby. He saw a small figure sitting near the shoreline from afar. He rushed forward, in hope that it is Ga-in.

He shouted: “Ga-in ssi! Is that you?”

The petite figure turned around. “Oppa?”

“Ga-in ssi! It’s really you! Why are you sitting here by yourself?!” Kwon asked.

He stared at her face. Her eyeliner got smudged, her single eyelid eyes were swollen, her nose was red and tears were rolling down her cheeks non-stop.

Ga-in : “Oppa….. why are you here…..”

Kwon : “I heard from Sunye that you didn’t get through to the next round so I came to see if you are okay….”

Just then, Ga-in leaned forward and hugged Kwon.

“Oppa, I didn’t make it! I didn’t make it…they said my voice is good but then they didn’t let me go through. I even broke down in front of my idol…I feel so embarrassed right now…I want to just dig a hole right now and hide myself in there forever!” Ga-in said, sobbing uncontrollably.

Kwon patted her while she hugged Kwon tightly. “It’s okay…there’s always a next time…don’t let this affect your morale. I know that you are a strong girl so don’t let this matter bring you down.”

Ga-in : “but…but… this is the only audition that allows me to enter JYP Entertainment, the only company that I can be with my idol…”

Kwon : “I believe there will be another one next year. Hush hush don’t cry anymore.”

Ga-in : “I’m sorry oppa…you have to see this ugly side of me and sorry that I dirtied your jacket.”

Kwon : “It’s okay Ga-in ah~ just pay for the dry cleaning fee for my jacket…I would be thankful! “

Ga-in : “No problem oppa! Just pass your jacket to me.”

Kwon : “Aigoo, why are you so serious! I am just joking Ga-in ah…I thought that might help to lighten up your mood.”

Ga-in : “But I mean it oppa, pass me your jacket…I will get it cleaned.”

Kwon : “It is okay, Ga-in ah. I will get it cleaned myself. All I want from you now is to go back, have a good sleep and forget all the unhappiness, arrasso? Let me send you back…and you might want to give Jea-ssi a call. She must be worried.”

Ga-in took out her phone and started to call Jea.

Jea : “Gainnie!!! Where are you!!! I am so worried about you!!! I didn’t see you coming out from the audition hall and the audition hall is already empty so I thought something happened to you!

Ga-in : “I am okay Jea unnie…I was upset so I went to a beach nearby.

Jea : “Are you still there now? I’ll come and look for you! ”

Ga-in : “It’s okay unnie…I am fine. Kwon oppa is with me now.  I will call you again tonight.”

Jea : “Okay…take good care of yourself, Ga-in ah! I will be waiting for your call!”

With that, Jea hung up the phone.

Ga-in : “I wonder if Jea unnie got through the audition…”

Kwon : “I met her outside the audition hall just now…she got through and she was very excited.”

Ga-in : “Oh really? I am happy for her! At least she can fulfill my dream for me.

Kwon : “Ga-in ah, don’t give up. There are always other auditions that you can go for. Don’t give on everything just because of one failure. Keep going!”

Ga-in : “Thank you oppa! With your support, I will recover from this.”

Kwon patted her head.

Kwon : “Let me take you for a ride on my bike! Scream all you want to release all the unhappiness!”

Ga-in : “Okay! Let’s go, oppa! “

Kwon helped Ga-in to get onto his bike and helped her with the helmet.

Kwon : “Sit tight and grab tight! Here we go!”

Kwon started his bike and drove away.

Ga-in : “ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I WILL NEVER GIVE UP! I WILL KEEP GOING!”

Kwon : “That’s the way! Shout it all out! Shout out all the unhappiness! “

Ga-in : “ THANK YOU KWON OPPA! THANK YOU FOR EVERTHING!”

 

-Outside Ga-in’s mansion-

Kwon : “Here we are, Ga-in ah. I hope that you are feeling much better already.”

Ga-in : “Thank you oppa for accompanying me for the whole day. I am really feeling much better now.”

Kwon : “One more thank you and I am not gonna reply you.”

Ga-in : “Thank…… oh sorry oppa. Can you give me your number so I can return the handkerchief to you?”

Kwon : “Sure! Pass me your phone”

Kwon keyed in his number and passed the phone back to her.

Kwon : “That’s a cute accessory you have on your phone. I didn’t know you like stars.” Pointing to the star-shaped silver shooting star accessory hanging on Ga-in’s phone.

Ga-in  : “Oh! This was given to me by my oppa… But he’s no longer with me now so this is rather important to me. Whenever I see it, it will remind me of my oppa.”

Kwon : “I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to remind you of your unpleasant past.”

Ga-in : “It’s okay…he will always be in my heart even though he is not with me physically anymore.”

Kwon : “Have plenty of rest and I’ve got to go now… annyeong!”

Ga-in : “Will I be able to see you again?”

Kwon : “We shall leave it to fate! Good Bye~”

Putting on his helmet, he rode his bike away.

Ga-in thought to herself : “I can’t believe that he believes in fate, just like me. I think… I’m in love.”