Bad Day

I Will Always Protect You

 

Ga-in : “Annyeonghaseyo Julia Yimo! It’s me! Gainnie!”

Julia : “Aigoo~ it’s our Gainnie! How are you feeling now? My poor girl must have been terrified.”

Julia has always treated Ga-in like her daughter ever since she got married to Minsoo.

Ga-in : “ Yimo~ thank you for your porridge! I have recovered already.”

Julia : “Aigoo...Ga-in ah, do you have a favor? You only call me Yimo when you have something that you need me to help you with...”

Ga-in : “Omo you are so smart, Yimo! Actually, there is a JYP Entertainment audition tomorrow and I really love Jin Young oppa! I really wanna go for this audition but then I know Minsoo Ahjusshi will not let me go. Can you help me, Yimo?”

Julia : “Ah no problem, Gain-ah! Just leave that old man to me. Give it your best shot for the audition! Julia Yimo will always support you!”

Ga-in : “Thank you very much, Julia Yimo! Saranghaeyo!”

Julia : “No problem! Love you too!”

Gain knows that she can always count on Julia Ahjumma when it comes to Minsoo ahjusshi. He was always scared of his wife and thankfully, Julia Ahjumma supports her singing aspiration as she had always aspired to be one too.

“With Julia Ahjumma’s help, I will be able to go to the audition! Jin Young oppa, I can’t wait to see you tomorrow!” Ga-in thought happily.

 

The next morning, Ga-in woke up when she felt a vibration from her phone. It was a text message from Minsoo Ahjusshi.

From : Minsoo Ahjusshi 8.01am

I’m sorry, Ms Son. I am unable to accompany you today as your Julia Ahjumma is not feeling well and I have to take care of Soo Soo and Jia Jia. Mianhae.

 

To : Minsoo Ahjusshi 8.03am

It’s okay, Minsoo Ahjusshi. I’m able to take care of myself. Please do take care of Julia Ahjumma and send my regards.

PS : Ahjusshi, I told you to just call me Gain L

 

Ga-in punched the air happily : “ASA!! I am free! Oh, let me thank Julia Yimo~”

 

 

To : Julia Ahjumma(Yimo) 8.05am

Thank you yimo! I love you!

 

To : Jea Unnie 8.10am

See you at the venue at 10am! Don’t be late unnie! J

 

Ga-in took out her favorite black dress and said to herself in the mirror: “You can do it, Son Ga-in! Hwaiting!”

She went out of the house an hour earlier because she was worried there might be a traffic jam even though her house was just a few minutes away to the audition venue at JYP Entertainment. She got into her Red Mini Cooper and blasted JYP songs. The Red Mini Cooper was her 18th birthday present from her Dad and it has been with her for three years now. Even though her Dad wanted to give her another new car, she rejected it as she felt that it was a waste of money to get a new car every year.

Time check on her watch: 9.00am.

She should be able to get there in about 15minutes time as she drove off but just when she reaches the highway, there was a huge jam.

Time checks on her watch 9.07am.

She waited and waited. Time keeps ticking away but the traffic is still not moving.

Time checks on her watch 9.20am.

Ga-in started to panic. She got out of her car to see what’s happening. There were a lot of police cars and an ambulance. A chain of 7 cars were involved in an accident, in which, caused a jam.

Time checks on her watch 9.27am.

Ga-In approached a policeman nearby and asked how long it would take to clear the traffic. He told her that as this was a serious accident with 10 people injured, the traffic would not be cleared any sooner. Ga-in almost went crazy when her phone suddenly rang.

“Ga-in ah, where are you? I am already here at the venue and there are a lot of people here already! ppali ppali!” Jea said hastily.

 “Unnie! I am caught in a jam! There is a serious car accident here and I don’t know what to do! I can’t drive over!” Ga-in said, almost bursting into tears.

Jea : “Omo Ga-in ah! ottoke? Maybe you can try to walk out of the highway and hail a cab?”

Ga-in : “Thanks unnie for the suggestion! I will try to think of something…please help me drag the time!!!”

Ga-in went to the traffic police whom she talked to just now.

“Sir, I have something important to attend so if you could kindly do me a favor, here are my car keys and my phone number. My car is the one in red over there. Someone will come and retrieve it later. Thank you very much!” Ga-in said while passing the keys to the traffic police.

“Excuse me miss but I can’t…” the traffic police said.

Ga-in took a glance at the policeman’s nametag and replied: “Officer Jung Jinwoon, please do me this favor! I will be very thankful! Someone will be here to take it later!”

Ga-in sped off in a hurry while calling someone.

“Miryo unnie! Could you do me a favor? Can you help me to collect my car at Gangnam highway? There is a serious jam and I have something important that I need to attend! Look for an officer named Jung Jinwoon, he has my keys! I gotta go, bye!”

Miryo : “Ga-in ah….I…”

Ga-in hung up the phone on her. Miryo is Ga-in’s personal psychiatrist that her Dad has hired due to the depression she had when she was five. After her depression was cured, Miryo had become one of her most trusted friend.

Ga-in ran as fast as she could but her 7cm heels have been giving her problems.

“Aish! These stupid heels!” Ga-in said angrily as she took it off and started running barefooted.

Time check 9.45am.

“I got to run faster! I only have got 15 minutes left!” Ga-in thought to herself. While in deep thoughts, she did not notice a sharp piece of glass on the floor and stepped on it.

“OUCH!” Blood oozed out profusely as she sat on the pathway.

Ga-in felt so helpless and burst out into tears.  “Appa, Minsoo Ahjusshi, where are you guys…...”

Out of a sudden, a familiar voice called out to her….

“Miss, are you okay?”