Not The One

I Will Always Protect You

 

-Gain Mansion-

Ga-in happily hummed to I’m In Love while she skipped into the house.  As she opened the main door, she found Minsoo and Miryo sitting on the sofa.

Ga-in : “Annyeong! Oh Miryo unnie, you are here! Why are you all looking so serious?”

Miryo : “Ga-in ah, don’t you know that we were all very worried about you? After you gave me the call, you were almost uncontactable!”

Ga-in took out her phone and checked.

“Oh! So sorry to have made all of you worried! My phone ran out of battery.” Ga-in said apologetically.

Minsoo : “ This is too much Ga-in ah! If I didn’t insist to call the police when we couldn’t contact you, your plan would have succeeded! But your accomplice, Julia Ahjumma, has told us everything. Anyway, your appa has been informed.”

Ga-in : “I’m sorry, but this was the only way I could go for the audition… otherwise, you guys will never let me go for it!”

Minsoo : “If you know that we will be unhappy about it, why did you still do it? Your dad is very worried and is rushing back from US; he should be back tomorrow night. You better think of a reason to explain to him!”

Ga-in : “But I…arrasso, I will go back to my room.”

Ga-in tolerated the pain on her foot and tried to go up the stairs but her limping was easily caught.

Miryo : “Ga-in ah, what happened to your leg?”

Ga-in : “Oh, I accidentally stepped on a piece of shattered glass…”

Miryo : “You look like you lost a lot of blood!! Come here, I will clean your wound for you!”

Ga-in : “Gomawoyo unnie”

Minsoo : “Oh no, the injury looks really bad. I'm gonna have to prepare myself for the naggings from your appa when he comes back tomorrow night. Miryo-ssi, I will leave Gainnie to you. I have to get back to the office to settle some documents before Mr Son comes back.”

Miryo : “Yes Minsoo-ssi, I will treat her injury well.”

Ga-in : “Mianhaeyo Minsoo Ahjusshi.”

Minsoo : “Silly girl! What matters the most is that you are okay.”

 

-Kwon apartment-

After sending Ga-in back, Kwon rode his bike back home. On his way back, there were a lot of flashbacks in his mind.

Flashback

Soojin : “OPPA! Let’s go to noraebang! I want to hear you sing!”

Kwon : “Soojin-ah, oppa can’t sing at all...you know that...”

Soojin : “But oppa, you have a really nice voice. I want the whole world to listen to your sweet voice! You might become the next top idol and I will be the next top idol’s girlfriend!”

Kwon: “But I just want to be your boyfriend; one who has enough time for you; one who will always be there for you when you are happy or sad. I don’t want to be famous; I just want to be with you.”

Soojin : “Oppa, I will always be with you no matter what happens but I don’t want you to let go of your dreams because of me. Pursue your dreams oppa, I will always be here for you! Hwaiting!”

Kwon : “Soojin-ah, I love you.” Kwon said while leaning over to kiss her gently on her lips.”

Soojin : “Oppa…..”

Kwon : “I love your expression the most when you smile because you have the cutest eye-smile. Your smile makes me forget all my worries for the day. Let’s go back.”

Kwon led Soojin onto his bike and gently put the helmet on for her.

Kwon : “Grab onto me tight, baby. Oppa doesn’t want you to get flung off the bike~”

-end of flashback-

Kwon thought that she really resembled Soojin. Soojin-ah, is this fate? I really miss you.

Suddenly, someone tapped him on his shoulders.

Sunye : “Cousin, are you okay? Why are you standing here in a daze?”

Kwon : “Oh! It’s you, Sunye-ah. Yeah, I’m okay...just that I am thinking about something.”

Sunye : “Thinking about Soojin again? Oppa, Soojin has already passed away for about 5 years now, maybe it’s time for you to think about dating someone?”

Kwon : “But I just can’t let her go. I still think of her very often, especially when I pass by the places that we went before or coming across things that she likes and the food that she loves. It is so difficult, I still miss her so much.”

Sunye : “Oppa, this is why you need to find someone new to date so that you can have a new beginning. Only then you will gradually forget about her. Isn’t this a good solution? Omma always told me that she is very worried about you, seeing you single all these years. She almost wanted to set you up for blind dates!”

Kwon : “Sunye-ah, tell Eana yimo that I am fine. I guess...I will leave this to fate. If they have arranged me to meet a girl, I will.”

Sunye : “Oppa, you seriously believe in fate? I believe that our own fate is controlled by us. Oppa, what do you think about Min? I believe that you should know that she likes you right?”

Kwon : “Ah, Minyoung-ssi… Yup, I do know that she has feelings for me but she is just like a younger dongsaeng to me. Nothing else.”

Sunye : “But she is really serious about you, Cousin...maybe you should give her a chance? Perhaps after the two of you date, you will realize that she is the one?”

Kwon : “ Sunye-ah, I have no feelings for her at all. If I date her, she will be the one getting hurt in the end."

Min : “OPPA!!!!! What did you just say…….”

Sunye : “Minnie, what are you doing here? I thought you were waiting in my house?”

Min : “I was worried about you, Sunnie! You came down to the convenient store for so long so Eana ahjumma asked me to come down to look for you. Thanks to that, I got to hear this. Kwonnie oppa, do you really not like me?”

Kwon : “Minyoung-ssi, I hope that you understand. I just got to knowyou and honestly, I only treat you like a younger dongsaeng and I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Min : “Answer me honestly, Oppa, you like that Ga-in girl right?”

Kwon was stunned for a moment before replying : “Minyoung-ssi, please understand that this has nothing to do with Ga-in ssi.”

Min : “Your expression says it all, Oppa, you like her.”

Kwon raised his voice : “Minyoung-ah, why don’t you understand? This has nothing to do with Ga-in ssi!"

Min : “You shouted at me?! You shouted at me because of that ? Oppa, you will regret this.”

Min walked away furiously.

Sunye went after Min : “Minyoung-ah! Minyoung-ah!”

Kwon thought to himself, “I guess this is the best way to end things rather than hurting her later. At least this would be of less pain to her. “