The True Confession

I Will Always Protect You

 

Kwon: Erm…… it would be a lie if I tell you no….
 
Mr Son: *nods in agreement* I admire your honesty. I am not opposing the two of you to be together but you are an inspector and your job is kinda dangerous….
 
Kwon: I understand what you mean, Mr Son, but we are not dating.
 
Mr Son: I am not opposing you dating my daughter. I saw how she trusted you just now. When you were there with her, she was not afraid of anything. I was thinking, if you can...perhapes...leave….your job?
 
Kwon : Mr Son, I love my job and I love your daughter. Please do not force me to make a choice.
 
Mr Son : I can open a company for you; you do not need to be a police officer. I only have one daughter and I want the best for her.
 
Kwon : I’m sorry, Mr Son, but I hope you understand that I am not after money. Sorry, I have something urgent to attend to. Goodbye Mr Son.
 
 
 
 
 
Jo Kwon headed home after bidding good bye. He went back to get some fresh clothes as he was planning to stay the night with Ga-in. Just as he was about to leave, he was stopped by three men in black with sunglasses.
 
Man: Mr Jo, my boss would like to meet you.
 
Kwon: Your boss? Who is your boss?
 
Man: Don’t ask, just come with me and you will know.
 
Kwon: I won’t go until you tell me.
 
Man: You don’t have a choice.
 
Just then, someone hit him from behind. Kwon fainted on the spot.
 
Man: Take him back, Boss is waiting!
 
 ………………………………………….
 
…………………………………………………………………………….
 
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
 
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
 
 
 
 “Oppa wake up…oppa…oppa…” Kwon slowly opened his eyes and he was greeted by Min's face.
 
Kwon: uhhh Minyoung-ssi, why are you here?
 
Min: Are you okay, oppa?
 
Kwon: urgh my head hurts…...Where am I now?
 
Min: You are in the warehouse behind my house, oppa!
 
Kwon: But why are my hands tied up? Let me go! Let me go!
 
Min: Oppa, I’m sorry. If I don’t tie you up, you will want to leave once you are conscious.
 
Kwon: Even if you tie me here, nothing will change.
 
Min: shhh~~oppa, my daddy is here so please do not say anything negative.
 
Kwon: I will speak only the truth.
 
Min: Oppa, listen to me just this once if you want to leave here.
 
Just then, a big, tall man walked into the room. He was wearing dark shades with a lot of gold chain hanging around his neck. He spoke in a very stern and loud voice;
 
Boss Lee: AHEM~ so this is the man that you like, daughter?
 
Min: Yes, father.
 
Boss Lee: He looks….average. A little skinny too. Why did you even pick him, daughter? Daddy will get you someone that is bigger and looks stronger. This guy looks so puny and weak.
 
Min : Father! Kwon is not weak! He is a policeman!
 
Boss Lee: POLICE? Are you crazy, my love? You do know the consequences right?
 
Min: I know father, but I just really like him.
 
Kwon: Capturing a police officer against his will is against the law. You all better let me go now.
 
Boss Lee : Are you threatening me now, young man? You know what? I am not scared.
 
Min’s dad took out a gun and pointed it at Kwon’s head.
 
Boss Lee: Dead man says no words. I can just pull this trigger and you will be gone from this world. No one will know if you are dead or alive muahahahahahahahhaaha~
 
Min: FATHER NO!!!
 
She went in front of Kwon to shield him.
 
Min: Father, I love this man and he loves me too! If you want to kill him, you've got to kill me first!
 
Boss Lee: Daughter, you are insane! I will need to hear it from him personally. So, Mr Jo Kwon, do you like my daughter?
 
Kwon: No!
 
Min: OPPA!
 
Boss Lee: Oh my dear daughter, it seems like you have lied to me. Mr Jo here said he doesn't like you. In that case, I will just pull the trig…….
 
Min : Nonono! Oppa likes me! Right, oppa?
 
Kwon : Minyoung No……I……………………..
 
Just then, Min went forward and kissed kwon even before he could say anything. Kwon was too stunned by Minyoung’s sudden “attack” so he just kept still in shock until Minyoung broke the kiss.
 
Min: See, father! We really love each other! This is my man, father. Can you leave him alone?
 
Boss Lee: Very well then. Guys, untie him.
 
Min’s father ordered his man to untie Kwon. Kwon broke free from the ropes and stood up.
 
Min: So Father, can we leave now?
 
Boss Lee: Before you go, Mr Jo Kwon, you better treat my daughter well. If not…….”BANG!"
 
Kwon: But I………….
 
Min: Let’s go Oppa, goodbye father!
 
 
 
 
Min grabbed Kwon’s hands and ran out of the warehouse. She pushed him into the black sedan that was waiting for them outside the warehouse.
 
Min: Hey, pass me the keys. I am going out with oppa and I do not need your company!
 
Man: But Miss, chief says….
 
Min: Are you defying my orders? I said PASS ME THE KEYS!
 
Man: Yes miss. Here are the keys to the car.
 
Min grabbed the keys from the man and drove off with a stunned Kwon. Both of them kept quiet, waiting for the other person to start the conversation. Finally, Kwon decided to break the silence.
 
Kwon: So...care to explain what just happened?
 
Min kept quiet and drove to a nearby shelter and stopped the car.
 
Min: I am sorry oppa; I didn’t know that my father will find out about my crush on you. I didn’t mean to put you in this situation. I am really, really sorry oppa, I tried my best.
 
Kwon: You know fairly well that I do not like you, Minyoung-ssi. All these while, I have only treated you as my little sister. There were no sparks between us, well…. at least for me.
 
Min: I know that oppa...I know that you do not like me but please do not push me away. Please do not push my love for you away.
 
Kwon : I do not want you to waste any more time on me. You are wasting your youth on someone whom do not like you and will not have a future with. There’s no point Minyoung-ssi~
 
Min placed her finger on Kwon’s lips to stop him from talking.
 
Min: Oppa I will never let you go. I will never let you go even if I die. You may not like me but you can't stop me from liking you!
 
Upon finishing her sentence, Min leaned forward and kissed Kwon. With all his might, Kwon pushed Min away and used his hands to wipe his lips.
 
Kwon: Minyoung-ssi, why are you doing this? I just told you, I do not like you!
 
After finishing his sentence, he opened the door and left Minyoung in the car.
 
Min: OPPA! Where are you going? Come back right now!  
 
Kwon ignored her and continued walking forward.
 
 
 
Min mumbled to herself in the car; "One fine day, I will make sure you come back to my side and beg me to be with you. Just you watch, oppa!"
 
Just then, Minyoung’s phone rang with her dad's name flashing on the screen.
 
Boss Lee: So my lovely darling baby daughter, have you already had him under control? Daddy would really love to have grandchildren as soon as possible HAHAHA!
 
Min: Appa, I really appreciate your acting just now. I guess, I am now one step closer to him. Appa, can you do me a favor?
 
Boss Lee: No problem, anything for my daughter.
 
Min: Appa, I want you to………….