I Believe In Fate

I Will Always Protect You

 

-Police Station-

“I’ve received a letter of recommendation from Mr Son and this will help you in your  promotion for the senior inspector post after Senior Inspector Choi retires in a month’s  time” Chief officer Kim told Jo Kwon.

“Thank you Sir but what I did was just part of my duty. I am actually really surprised that I was recommended so highly by Mr Son.” Kwon said humbly.

“You deserved it! Go back and have a good rest, your team did a great job apprehending one of the most wanted in town. Dinner on me tonight! Inform your team. “Chief Officer Kim replied.

“Yes Sir!  Thank you Sir!” Jo Kwon said with a bow.

 

-Hospital-

“Miss Son, the injury on your neck will heal really soon and if you are feeling alright, you may be discharged.” The doctor informed Ga-In.

“Oh thank you Doctor Kim, thanks to you I am able to be discharged so quickly.” Ga-in said thankfully.

Just then, Minsoo, Mr Son’s personal assistant walked in. “We are all ready to leave, Miss Son. The car is waiting downstairs. Oh and this is the porridge that my wife has made for you.” he said as he passed the container of porridge to her.

“Oh! That was really kind of Julia ahjumma! Help me thank her! Oh and Minsoo ahjusshi, I have told you many times to call me Ga-in! You have looked after me ever since I am young so you are like my second appa to me. “ Ga-in nagged.

“Yes Gainnie, I thought it is only professional for me to call you Misss Son when there are people around.” Minsoo laughed.

Just when they were about to leave, a familiar face came into the room.

“Hi, Miss Son! Oh you are discharged today? That is really great, here these flowers are for you! I thought you may need to stay for another day…oh what am I talking about , I am just really happy that you can be discharged today.” Kwon said and awkwardly passed the bouquet of flowers to Ga-in.

“Oh thank you Inspector Jo! I am really surprised that you came to visit me and the flowers are really beautiful.” Ga-in blushed upon receiving the flowers.

Ever since she was young, besides her singing passion, Gain really loved plants and flowers as she felt that it calms her down and makes her happy.

“Miss Son, you can call me Jo Kwon-ssi or Kwon for short! Inspector Jo is a little…formal?” Kwon extended his hand for a handshake.

“Ah~ Annyeonghaseyeo Jo Kwon-ssi! And maybe you could call me Ga-In instead of Miss Son too.” Gain said upon receiving his handshake.

“It’s time to leave Misss Son, your dad is waiting for you at home for dinner.” Minsoo said.

“Ne Minsoo ahjusshi! And I thought I have told you to just call me Ga-in?” Ga-in pouted.

“Arrasso Ga-in ah, let’s go now.” Minsoo replied.

“You two are really cute. I’ll walk with both of you as I’m going down to the car park too.” Kwon said as he held the door for the both of them.

As they walked down the car park, Kwon was such a gentlemen. He helped Ga-In with her bags and opened all the doors for her.

Ga-in stole glances at Kwon whenever she can. Every single time she goes near Kwon, her heart would beat very quickly.

As they approach the car park, a black limousine was there waiting for her. Kwon helped to put her bags into the back of the car before bidding goodbye.

“Goodbye Ga-in ssi, I will be heading over to the other side to retrieve my bike, please do have more rest until you are fully recovered.”

“Thank you Jo Kwon-ssi for visiting me and saving me the other time. I will never forget you.” Ga-in said while blushing.

“Goodbye Jo Kwon ssi…” Ga-in said before entering the car.

Ga-In held the bouquet of flowers closely, smelling the flowers.

Minsoo : “Ga-in ah, it seems like you are really happy whenever you see Inspector Jo.”

Ga-in : “Ah really ahjusshi, I always feel a sense of security whenever I am with him… I wonder if this is….”

Minsoo : “Love?”

Ga-in looked stunned and replied : “Ahjusshi do you think I am in love with him?”

Minsoo : “Silly girl, I guess you got a crush on him ever since he saved you from the the other time. I have never seen you this happy for a long time. I could totally understand how you feel, Ga-in ah. It was like the first time I met your Julia Ahjumma at the hospital after my appendix surgery. I felt fond of her and I kept smiling like a fool unknowingly every time I saw her. At that point of time, I knew she was the one so I went after her and yup, she is now the mother of my twin daughters, Soo Soo and Jia Jia. I have never once regret it.”

Ga-in : “Wow Minsoo ahjusshi, I didn’t know you met Julia Ahjumma at the hospital! This is definitely new to me but I am happy for you.”

Minsoo : “The reason why I told you this was to ask you to go for it if you really love someone and that love at first sight is possible.”

Ga-in : “Arrassoyo ahjusshi, but I still believe in fate, if I am fated to meet him again….”    

 

Meawhile back in the Carpark,Kwon stood there until the limousine was out of side, waving to Ga-In who waved from inside of the car. He slowly walked towards the lots of bikes and when suddenly someone tapped him from behind.

“Annyeong oppa!  Long time no see~ “