Love at First Sight

I Will Always Protect You

 

“Stop running!”

 Kwon has been chasing after a for two streets now. His team has finally found substantial evidence to apprehend this serial 2 hours ago and they went up to his hideout to hunt him down.

Running street after street, the is really a good runner. Even the usually fast runner Kwon could not catch up with him. He also could not open fire as it was a busy street so he could only continue to chase after him until the good opportunity comes.

Just when Kwon was closing in on the , the suddenly he grabbed hold of a girl who was in his way and turned into a small alley.

“Don’t come any closer before I kill her!” the shouted while placing his sharp knife at the neck of the shivering girl.

“Don’t harm the innocent! You cannot get away anyway so put the knife down right now!” Kwon shouted while pointing his gun at him.

“Put your gun down on the floor, let me leave and I will let her go!” the agitated yelled, digging his knife deeper into the girl’s neck. Blood oozed out.

Looking at the trembling girl whose face had already turned pale,  Kwon had no choice but to put his gun down and move aside.

The slowly walked out with the knife still placed at the girl’s neck.  While he was nearing the exit, he suddenly pushed the hostage towards Kwon and attempted to flee.

Kwon grabbed hold of the girl before grabbing his gun and shot the ’s right leg. Blood spurted out and the fell down. Kwon’s colleagues arrived at the very moment and successfully apprehended the . The girl, who was trembling, passed out after hearing the loud gun shot.

“Miss! Miss! Are you okay…!”  Kwon called out to the girl frantically. Kwon then  instructed his colleagues to call for the ambulance.

 

 

-At the hospital-

Ga-in opened her eyes to an unfamiliar environment with a familiar voice greeting her.

 “Oh my darling, you are finally awake! Thank god that you are okay!” Mr Son, the owner of Son Enterprise and one of the richest businessmen in Korea said in relief.

“Appa, why am I here? What happened to me?” Ga-in asked frantically holding her head.

 “You got held as a hostage by a serial and you fainted. I was so worried when I received the call from the Police, thank god that you are safe and sound!” Mr Son said with a tear rolling down his cheek before pulling beloved daughter into a warm embrace.

Ga-In tried to recall what happened.

“Miss….miss…..are you okay…..miss……..” was the last thing she could remember.

“Appa, who sent me to the hospital?” Ga-in asked curiously.

“The policemen who rescued you called for the ambulance but I am just really glad that you are now safe and sound.” Mr Son sighed in relief.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. A suave-looking man with clean cut hair wearing a long-sleeved shirt walked into the room.

“Hi there, I am Inspector Jo Kwon and I am here to check if you are alright, Miss Son?”

Ga-In was stunned for a moment and she recognized that voice, it was the voice that was playing in her head.

“Hi, Inspector Jo! I am doing fine right now and I would like to thank you for saving me.”

“Thank you very much Inspector Jo, you have no idea how thankful I am to you. Don’t worry, I will definitely write a letter of recommendation for your heroic acts” Mr Son said while he shook Kwon’s hands with appreciation.

 “Don’t mention it! It is my duty to ensure that no one gets harmed. If you would excuse me, I will have to get going as I have some work to do. Please have plenty of rest, Miss Son” Kwon said with a bow.

As Kwon exit from the door, Ga-In could not help but keep her eyes towards the direction he left.

“He’s pretty young and is quite a good-looking chap! No wonder my daughter cannot get her eyes off him...” Mr Son said cheekily.

“Appa! Don’t tease me! I am just really thankful towards him.”

 

That night, Gain couldn’t fall asleep. Every time she closes her eyes, the image of Kwon would appear, floating in her mind and her heartbeat would start to beat faster.

Have I fallen for him? Is this love at first sight?