Is This Fate?

I Will Always Protect You

 

“Miss, are you okay?”

Ga-in looked up and realized that it was Jo Kwon.

“Oh! Inspector Jo! I didn’t expect to see you here!”

Kwon : “What happened to you, Ms Son? Oh gosh, your foot is bleeding!!!”

Kwon took out his handkerchief from his pocket and immediately tied it onto Ga-in’s injured foot.

Ga-in : “OMO your handkerchief will get dirty if you…..”

Kwon : “It’s okay! It’s just a handkerchief. You will lose a lot of blood if I don’t stop this bleeding now. What are you doing here by the way?”

Ga-in : “I got stuck in a jam and couldn’t drive my car out and I’ve got to attend…. Omo! JYP audition!!! I GOT TO GET THERE NOW! IT’S STARTING AND I CAN’T MISS IT...”

Kwon : “But you are injured! Are you sure you can walk…?”

“Inspector Jo, can you please help me to the venue? It is very important for me!” Ga-in said desperately.

Kwon : “If you don’t mind, my bike is just over there. I can send you there.”

Ga-in : “I am so thankful to you, Inspector Jo! I wouldn’t know what to do if not for you!”

 “Well…you’ve got to stop calling me Inspector Jo. If not, I will not send you there...” Kwon replied with a smile to lighten up her mood.

Ga-in : “Opps, Kwon-ssi, kamsahamnida~”

Kwon helped Ga-in to his bike, put on the helmet for her and made sure that she was comfortable.

Kwon : “Ga-in ssi, you have to grab onto me! If not, you will fall!”

“Erm…ne oppa!” Ga-in said as she grabbed onto Kwon’s leather jacket awkwardly.

Kwon : “haha oppa? How do you know that I am your oppa?”

Ga-in : “You were ordering me like my oppa….”

Kwon : “haha so you are saying I am naggy? Oppa order you have to hold on to me tight! If not, oppa wouldn’t even know if you got flung off the bike!”

 “Arrassoyo oppa…” Ga-in grabbed onto Kwon’s waist tightly. Her heart pounded as if it was going to fall out from .

“I hope he can’t feel my heartbeat pounding” she thought to herself.

 

-Audition Venue-

“Here we are, Ga-in ssi!” Kwon stopped the bike in front of the banner which writes ‘JYP Entertainment Audition 2013’.

“Oh, we are here already? So fast?” Ga-in blurted out.

“I’m sorry, what were you saying Ga-in ssi?” Kwon said while taking the helmet out for Ga-in.

“Oh, nothing oppa! Thank you very much!” Ga-in said while limping down from the bike.

Kwon : “Are you sure you are okay, Ga-in ssi? Let me help you~”

Ga-in : “I guess I really need some help…thank you oppa…”

 

“GA-IN AHHHH! You are finally here!!!” Jea said as she ran towards Ga-in.

Jea : “omo! Who is this gentleman over here?”

Ga-in : “ah unnie~ this is Inspector Jo Kwon. He was the inspector who saved me the other time…”

Kwon : “Annyeonghaseyo, I am Jo Kwon. You can just call me Kwon.”

Jea : “Oh! So you were the one who saved our Gainnie, Thank you very much! You can just call me Jea”

Kwon : “Hi Jea-ssi! Don’t mention it! I was just doing my……”

“OPPPPPAAAAA!!  You are finally here!!!” Min screamed as she ran towards Kwon, giving him a hug.

Kwon : “Oh Min Young-ssi..”

Ga-in got stunned at that moment, thinking in her mind “Is she his girlfriend?”

Min : “Oppa!!! Where have you been?! We have been waiting for you for so long!!! Why are you so late?!! And who are these people?”

Kwon : “Oh Min Young-ah, they are my friends. This is Ga-in ssi and this is Jea ssi. And this is Min Young.”

Both Jea and Ga-in bowed and greeted Min.

Min waved and said: “Oh hi people. OPPA let go!! Sunye is waiting for us inside!!”

Before Kwon could say anything, Min pulled Kwon away.

Kwon : “But…. I……… see you two inside later!”

Deep inside Ga-in’s heart, she felt a little jealous on how close Min and Kwon is. She stared at the both of them until they went into the building and could not be seen.

Jea : “Ga-in ah! Ga-in ah! SON! GA! IN! ”

Ga-in : “Omo unnie! Why are you shouting at me!”

Jea : “ You were lost in thoughts while staring at them for so long!! Oh, don’t tell me that you…..”

Ga-in : “What are you talking about unnie! There is no such thing!”

Jea: “I didn’t even say what it was…how did you know what I was going to say?”

Ga-in:” Well I….”

Jea : “You can’t fool me, Ga-in ah.  I know you always believed in fate and that is why you are still single until now even though there were so many people going after you…you wouldn’t even take a look at them! There were so many handsome ones among your pursuers, do you know that?!”

Ga-in : “But unnie, they are not my cup of tea...I do not have feelings towards them at all! Omo! Unnie! Let’s go in now! We’re gonna miss the audition if we don’t!!!”

 

-Inside the venue-

Staff : “Sorry miss. The registration for the audition is already been closed as there were too many people participating.”

Ga-in : “But I really want this!! Please, just one more? Please???”

Jea : “Yea my friend is here now… you refused to let me take a number for her just now but now she is here you refuse to let her participate?!”

Staff: “I’m sorry but the registration is based on a first come first serve basis.”

Ga-in: “But I have prepared for this for so long! Please! I beg you…”

“Excuse me sir, is it okay if I pass this number to her instead? I have got something on and therefore, I got to leave now.”

Ga-in turned around and saw Kwon with Min pulling him from behind.

Min : “OPPA what are you doing?!!”

Staff : “Oh, since someone is willing to forego his chance, yes, you may participate.”

Kwon went towards Ga-in and passed her the participation paper with the number 4998.

Kwon: “Ga-in ssi, I was forced by my cousin and Min young to participate but I can’t sing at all. I know you’ve worked very hard for this. Take this. Hwaiting!”

Ga-in : “but I can’t….”

“Thank you Jo Kwon-ssi!” Jea thanked Kwon as she stuck the number sticker on Ga-in.

Min : “OPPA!!!! How could you do that!! You promised to join!! Sunnie said that you can sing very well!!”

Kwon : “Min Young-ah, I can’t sing at all.”

Sunye : “but you have a really good voice, oppa…..”

Kwon : “No, I know I don’t and I’d rather give the chance to someone else who really has the passion and worked hard for it. Sunye-ah, I will wait for you guys outside the hall. Good luck with it. I will be waiting for the good news!”

Kwon walked out while giving a wink to Sunye. Ga-in was left speechless at the venue.

 “I will never let him down! Hwaiting, Ga-in ah!” Ga-in thought in her mind.

As Ga-in got the number 4998, she gets to go before Min and Sunye, who was at no 4999 and 5000 respectively. Jea got her number first so she gets to go into the room for the audition first.

Ga-in : “Unnie, fighting! I will wait for your good news!!”

Jea : “Gainnie, I am so scared now! Cross your fingers for me! I will wait for you outside! Good luck to you too!”

Jea went into the audition room with another 2 contestants. 3 contestants were to enter for each turn.

 

Ga-in was left alone with Sunye and Min while she waited for her turn. Even though Gain’s feet was hurting so much, she tolerated while standing in her heels. “Just a little while more, Ga-in ah! You can do it!”

“YA! Your name is Ga-rin? How do you know Kwonnie Oppa? The fact that he was willing to let you have his number…Ha! Totally unbelievable. ” Min asked with a smirk.

Ga-in : “My name is Ga-in, not Ga-rin. Actually, he was the one who saved my life the other day when I got held as hostage… I didn’t know he would let me have his audition number…”

Sunye : “Oh! Cousin Kwon told me about you.”

Min : “He did??!?! Why didn’t he tell me about it too?!!

Ga-in : “Oh, so you are his cousin? Annyeonghaseyo!”

Sunye : “Annyeonghaseyo Ga-in, you can just call me Sunye and yes, Kwon is my cousin. I grew up together with him so I know him very well.”

Min : “Ahem. Let me introduce myself to you again. I am Lee Min Young, you can call me Min and Kwonnie Oppa is my boyfriend.”

Ga-in couldn’t believe what she heard. Dumbfounded by what Min has just said, her eyes started to brim with tears but she tried hard to keep it back.

Sunye : “Ya! Min Young-ah, what do you mean that he is your boyfriend? Since when did that happen? Why didn’t I know about it huh?”

 “Sooner or later, he will be MINE. I will NEVER let ANYONE break MY relationship with him.” Min emphasized on those words while looking at Gain.

Ga-in felt relieved for a moment. She swore that all those tears she had before had evaporated into the air. “Ahhh…so she is not kwon’s girlfriend…Thank god!”

Just then, a staff member started walking towards the three of them.

“Excuse me, who is Miss Son Ga-in?” the staff asked.