Dongwoon, the Newborn

Beastly Blood

He was taller than the others, and very handsome. His features were so beautiful, they looked like that on a god. His hair was light and long, and shaggy. His clothes -- simple black -- was ripped and torn. His shirt, in fact, was so shredded it showed more skin than fabric. I blushed at the well-toned muscles that peeked out from behind the shredded pieces of fabric.

But I couldn't waste my time marveling at this man's godlike beauty. Fangs were peeking out from in between his lips, and his eyes were blazing scarlet red.

He stared at me for a long time. I was still collapsed on the floor staring up at him. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. He opened his eyes, stared ta me again with his deep, penetrating, scarlet eyes. Then he slowly, deliberately, his lips.

"I smell a human." He whispered hoarsely.

I felt fear engulf me. Every single nerve in my body was screaming at me He is dangerous! Get away from him! This Newborn....this Vampire Demon....is infinitely dangerous!

I scrambled on to my feet and attempted to run.

I didn't get far across the wreckage in the entrance hall before an arm caught me around my waist and, with incredible strength, threw me across the room. I smashed into the opposite wall, my breath coming up short. I saw stars before my eyes.

The Newborn slowly advanced upon me, his eyes burning into me with a blazing, uncontrollable hunger.

I felt scared to death. He wasn't like the Vampires, the Dhampirs.....He wasn't like Junhyung, Kikwang, or Yoseob. He wasn't....and COULDN'T....control his bloodlust. He would my blood, and drain me, without a second thought.

I glanced desperately at the others, who were knocked unconscious on the floor. They couldn't help me.

One of them stirred, and I recognized that blonde head. "Yoseob...." I gasped weakly.

Yoseob's eyes fluttered open, and he groaned in pain. He couldn't move. "Jimi....run....." He whispered through bloody lips.

I staggered upwards again, clutching my stomach, trying to make a break for it.

The Newborn disappeared and, almost in the speed of light, appeared in front of me. He wrapped one impossibly strong arm around my waist to prevent me from escaping, and the other hand pushed my head back roughly to the side. I whimpered in pain, knowing full well my bare neck was now in view of his gaze.

The Newborn leaned over and let his lips graze the skin on my neck. His tongue flicked out and it, almost as if he was testing the taste.

"Delicious...." He whispered. I shivered when I felt his fangs scrape at my skin a bit, before plunging into my neck.

"No...Jimi...." Yoseob moaned, struggling to move. "No...."

The Newborn drank my blood. I could almost hear the sound as the blood was out from under my skin. He was drinking it fast -- I was already feeling lightheaded and dizzy.

"No...." I gasped. "No.....no, please....."

The Newborn me hungrily.

I placed a hand on his face in an effort to push him off. "Please....I'm begging you....please stop."

Suddenly, I felt the Newborn stop . He froze like that, for a long time.

Then suddenly his fangs retracted, and he pushed himself away from me.

I was smacked roughly into the wall again, and I weakly clutched my neck, where blood was still dripping out of the two puncture holes at the very base.

I stared at the Newborn in shock. His fangs were gone, and his eyes had changed from its burning scarlet to a normal, dark color. His face was twisted up in strange emotions -- horror, grief, pain, more hunger......mostly fear.

"What are you...." I started to ask.

"No! Keep away from me!" He yelled. I realized that he suddenly sounded more human. He had a very deep voice -- even deeper than Junhyung's. "Please....keep away! I don't want....I don't want to...."

I blinked. It was like a totally different personality.

He was visibly trembling from head to toe. "I don't want to drink. Please. Get away from me!"

"What....the...." Yoseob's weak voice sounded just as shocked as I was.

I crawled over to him slowly, carefully.

He flinched and curled up into a ball. "N-no....get away from me....I said get away!"

He pushed me away with one arm, and the force of that simple, frightened gesture was enough to break my collarbone. I hissed in pain. He looked even more horrified.

"Oh my god....j-just keep away from me!"

I ignored it and crawled over again, very slowly this time, my face white in pain.

"Calm down." I said softly. "Sssh....calm down. It's okay. Everything is going to be okay."

Yoseob stared at me in shock. I was talking to him very softly, in a quiet, gentle, soothing voice. Just like how animal trainers would approach a wild, scared beast.

"Sssssh.....everything is going to be okay." I whispered again, sounding comforting and gentle.

I reached out very slowly with one shaking hand and placed it on his head. He flinched and whimpered.

I softly his hair. "There, there.....you're a good boy. You wouldn't hurt anyone. You don't want to, do you? You don't want to hurt people. And you won't. Because you're a good boy, aren't you?"

Yoseob stared at us in shock. He could see the Newborn's shoulders slowly stop shaking, his hitched breathing slowing down, his tight muscles relaxing. My voice was almost like a spell, lulling the beast to sleep.

"Are you a good boy?" I whispered. He nodded silently, hiding his face from me.

I moved closer now, and continued his hair. It was very smooth, despite being so wild and tangled. "What is your name?"

"D-Dongwoon." He stuttered.

"Dongwoon. You are a good boy. You don't mean to hurt anybody. But everyone just wants to kill you, don't they? You poor boy. My name is Jimi. I will be your friend. You don't have to be scared of me, Dongwoon."

He slowly uncurled himself from his ball and looked at me desperately, his face streaked with tears. I wiped them away softly. "Dongwoon isn't scared of me." I said soothingly.

"No...no...." He whispered softly.

I glanced at the black flames that were slowly spreading and its way around the room. Everything it touched immediately melted. "Um....Dongwoon....would you mind....?"

"Huh?" His eyes snapped up, and he glanced at the black flames. "Y-yes. Of course!" He waved his hand, and the flames immediately vanished, as if there wasn't any in the first place.

He then reached out and, hesitant, with trembling and shaking fingures, he pressed them lightly against my collarbone. I felt something warm enter me, and I gasped. Soft blue and green sparks were coming out of his fingers and entering me through my skin. I could actually FEEL the sparks healing and reconnecting my bone.

When he pulled away seconds later, my collarbone was healed. All my other aches and pains were gone too.

He numbly passed a hand over the three bodies sprawled on the floor. Instantly, their bodies were healed of bruises and cuts. Yoseob sat up, dumbfounded, perfectly healed. Junhyung and Kikwang woke up, extremely confused.

"Good boy, Dongwoon." I said absent-mindedly, his hair again softly. He closed his eyes -- the action seemed to calm him down.

Junhyung turned around and yelped. "W-what the ? Jimi, get away from him! He's dangerous and unstable......"

Dongwoon's eyes flashed open and he snarled at Junhyung. The sound made the crystal on the chandeliers clatter around, and the room shook a bit.

I shook my head at Junhyung, and smiled at Dongwoon. "No, he's not. He's nothing but a big puppy dog, aren't you, Dongwoon? He's perfectly harmless. He doesn't want to hurt people, he can't help it, he has no control over his powers. But he's a good boy."

Dongwoon closed his eyes again and smiled. I giggled at him affectionately. He really was like a puppy dog. And I've always wanted a dog.

"Amazing...."  Kikwang mumbled. "Only Jimi can tame the most feared monster in the entire world. One minute he was going to rip this entire city apart, the next he's being petted by Jimi like a dog."

*****************************************************************************************************************************

They gave Dongwoon new clothes. His hair was neat, now, although it was still long. Kikwang, being a strangely very fashion-conscious Vampire, bullied Dongwoon into wearing accessories.

Dongwoon crouched down in a corner of the living room, frowning uncomfortably at the new jewelry on his fingers and arms.

I sat down near him, since he only seemed to be calm when I was nearby. Yoseob, scowling, leaned on the wall near me. Junhyung and Kikwang sat on the couch.

"So, what do we do with the Newborn now that he's awake?" Junhyung asked.

"We keep him." Kikwang said immediately. "For research."

"Er....Kikwang...." I said nervously. "The research won't.....hurt Dongwoon, would it?"

He shook his head, looking disappointed. "No, it won't. I just want to monitor his behaviour and his powers over time."

"Oh, good." I smiled affectionately at Dongwoon and he beamed brightly back at me. He shyly shuffled over so he was closer to me.

Yoseob glared at him. If you didn't have the power to rip my head off, I would be kicking your right now for daring to get any closer to my Jimi!

"Jimi....." I turned to him. "I'm still your best friend, right? You still like me best, right?"

I beamed at him. "Of course, Yoseob! You will always be my #1 friend! I'll always like you the most!"

Yoseob smiled smugly at the others. Dongwoon glowered at him (the lights flickered on and off for a moment), and Junhyung bared his teeth at him, and Kikwang looked like he wanted to throttle him.

I didn't notice this. I was staring at the window which was still blocked by a heavy curtain. I wonder if the Jokers were still outside. I missed Doojoon. I wanted to know how he was doing.

That day, a new creature joined our group. A Newborn with fantastical powers by the name of Dongwoon, who follows after me like a puppy and has to be close to me in order to protect his sanity.