Ability

Beastly Blood

They threw us all into a damp, dark dungeon. I was about to be thrown in along with the others when I heard L. Joe's voice say "No, leave the human girl. She's coming with us."

"NO!!!" Yoseob yelled, struggling to his feet. "Don't you DARE touch Jimi, you bastards!"

Dongwoon growled dangerously, and Junhyung was getting to his feet too. "Let go of Jimi, you ty, mindless slaves to the Queen!" He snarled.

"Zip it, Revolutionary Man." Changjo snarled back, his mirror-lens glasses reflecting the light menacingly. "Or I'll cause pain to you all like you've never felt before."

The dungeon door slammed shut, and I struggled to get away, but the Vampires of course were much faster and stronger than me. CAP and Ricky took each arm and half-dragged me to a small, bare room where there was nothing inside but a wooden chair. The entire room was full of soft light, but there was no actual device in sight.

Ricky, almost as if he could sense my thoughts, said "We had Starlights lining some walls, floor, and ceiling of the rooms in the Capital. They shed light as easily as any of your human electrical appliances can." When I looked at him questioningly, he winked. "Yes, I do have some mind-reading powers. It's my Abiity."

"Stop impressing the human with your Mind Reading, Ricky." Niel interrupted, pushing me onto the chair. They circled me, looking at me like I was a scientific experiment.

"I STILL don't understand why my Fog Sense can work on her." Chunji said again, pouting.

"Hmph." Changjo muttered, removing his glasses and glaring at me with his horrific eyes.

Suddenly, a sharp pain went through me. Pain like I've never felt before. I screamed and screamed and fell off the chair, twisting on the floor in agony. The pain was unbearable. It was like the pain of being tied up and stabbed with a knife all over your body every minute for three days -- the pain all combining and coming into me at once every second.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

From the dungeon, the boys could hear my pained screaming.

Doojoon groaned and struggled weakly. "Jimi!" He gasped. "Jimi, no!!!"

"Dammit......" Kikwang growled.

"STOP IT, YOU BASTARDS!!!" Yoseob yelled, slamming his hands against the dungeon door. "STOP IT!!!!!"

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

"That's enough, Changjo." I heard CAP say sharply, and abruptly the Mirror Eyes stopped. The pain left me, and I collapsed onto the floor, crying weakly.

"Why did it work this time?" Niel asked curiously. "Who cares? I'm just glad it did." Changjo said smugly.

"Enough. We don't want to kill her." L. Joe said, gently hoisting me back onto the chair. I swayed weakly. "Niel? Want to try your Dragon Flame again?"

Niel nodded and placed his hand onto my bare shoulder. There was a hissing sound and my arm began to burn. I screamed and quickly gritted my teeth. Niel pulled away, but the burn remained, hissing and sending tingles of pain down my arm. "I don't understand. How come it didn't work before?"

"Maybe L. Joe should try his Ice Frost." CAP suggested. L. Joe nodded and started forward for me, and a numbing pain of pure, freezing cold began to spread up my arm..............

*************************************************************************************************************************************

I had been tortured, frozen, and burned, and they still couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.

"I don't understand this Ability." Ricky moaned. "It's so frustrating."

"Forget this, let's go eat and come back." CAP muttered. The Vampires left the room for the lunch. My stomach growled, but before leaving CAP had tied the chains to the legs of my chair, and I couldn't move. Tears fell down my face silently. I was in so much pain, but even worse was the pain in my heart. What happened to oppa and Yoseob and the others?

After a while, the door creaked open, and Ricky appeared. He gave me a cheerful smile. "Hello there, human girl! You must be hungry, right?" He pulled out a sandwhich for me. "Here -- oh, wait, you can't use your hands -- alright, I'll feed you." He cheerfully put it in my mouth and I took a bite.

I was so hungry I finished the sandwhich in a few minutes. "Do all humans eat this much?" Ricky asked me curiously.

"I didn't have breakfast either." I said, blushing. "I don't usually eat this much. Besides............why are you being so nice to me? Aren't you a kind of enemy?"

Ricky grinned. "There's no harm in being friendly with a pretty human girl, right?" I blushed and smiled at him. "Well, thank you anyways, Ricky. You're a very nice person -- er, Vampire........"

The door opened again and the rest of the Vampires walked in. "Stop being so friendly with the human, Ricky." Changjo scolded. "What's wrong with you?"

"Ignore him, he always goes for the pretty ones anyway." Chunji sighed.

They eyed me warily. "What IS her Ability?"

L. Joe suddenly grinned. "Wait a second.............I got it!"

He turned to CAP and said "Hyung, hold Ricky and keep him near the human."

CAP nodded and grabbed Ricky in a crushing grip and steered him until he was standing right beside me. He looked just as confused and bewildered as I did.

Ricky stared at L. Joe for a while, as if he was reading his mind -- which he probably was -- and gasped in shock. "Woah, woah, woah, hyung! Don't do that! Do you want to kill me? I'm your brother -- don't do that! Please?"

"Oh, shut up and take it like a Vampire." L. Joe sighed. "Changjo -- Mirror Eyes, if you please."

"Sure thing." Changjo grinned heartlessly. Looks like he didn't care who he hit his Mirror Eyes with as long as he hit something.

What? Wait -- they were going to hurt their own friend? How could they? That's so cruel. And Ricky was so nice to me, I couldn't let him get hurt...........I couldn't..........there had to be a way to protect him........

Changjo removed his glasses..........................and nothing happened.

He let out a roar of frustration. "What happened NOW??!!!"

"That's enough." L. Joe said excitedly. CAP released Ricky, who looked relieved and confused, and Changjo, muttering mutinously, put his glasses back on.

"I know what her Ability is." L. Joe said. "It's a Protection Ability, all right, but it's not for her. It's for others."

"Huh?" Chunji looked confused.

"Oh, I get it!" Niel said, grinning. "Her Ability only works when she has a great desire to protect somebody! So, when we hit her, she wasn't thinking of protecting herself so we could attack her easily. But all those times when her Ability stopped ours..........she was protecting people she cared about!"

"Aw, you care for me? You're sweet." Ricky grinned at me. CAP smacked the back of his head. "Oh, shut up."

"We need to go tell the Queen about this." Chunji said excitedly. "You stay here please." He said politely to me, and they all began to leave again.

The door shut, but I heard Chunji sigh and say "Well, Ricky, at least you have taste."

******************************************************************************************************************************************

The dungeon was very dark, lined with dark blue stone. But they could tell it was huge -- their voices echoed. There were stone pillars and archways all over.

"I've been here before." Junhyung muttered. "When Hyunseung caught me, I was kept in here before my execution. This place is huge, so don't go wandering off -- stay as close as you can to the dungeon door and this barred window here, or you'll get lost. This dungeon snakes along the entire underground of the Capital."

"How are we going to get out?" Hyunseung muttered. Dongwoon was curled up into a ball like usual. Yoseob and Doojoon were silent, but glaring at the door, as if they were going to accost anybody who was foolish enough to open it. Kikwang was lost in thought.

Suddenly, there was a loud sound that sounded curiously like a guard just got knocked out. Then there was whispers, muttering, a chuckle -- and the jangle of keys.

The door opened and a Vampire grinned at them. "Wassup, Junhyung?"

Junhyung gave a roar of delight and bumped fists with the handsome, flashily dressed Vampire. "What are you doing here?" He said excitedly.

"Rescuing your sorry , of course. Hey, Hyunseung." He nodded and smiled to Hyunseung, who smirked back. "Do you know how hard it was to get here? Thanks to the Crystal Ball, we knew you guys would get stuck in this dungeon two weeks before you did. We snuck in here and was hiding out here ever since."

"Where are the others?" Junhyung asked, grinning like a maniac. "How's the girls?"

The creatures had walked into the corridor, where a line of knocked-out guards greeted them, along with four other handsome and gaudily dressed Vampires waited for them. Junhyung greeted them all happily, like old friends. The others looked confused.

"The girls are doing fine." One Vampire answered for Junhyung. "They wanted to come along, but we told them to guard the barricades. Tiffany got attacked by a Werewolf a while ago, but Jessica and Sooyoung finished it off easily. Other than that, they're fine."

"Junhyung?" Yoseob asked. "Who are these people?"

Junhyung grinned. "They're my fellow commanders in the Shadowrealm Capital Rebellion Revolution. And this guy here --" He indicated the handsome Vampire who they had first seen "-- is the Leader himself. The one who created the Revolution."

The creatures gaped at him, shocked.

The Vampire grinned and bowed. "Pleasure to help you escape. After all, outlaws must band together, right? You can just call me G-Dragon. These are my other Commanders: TOP, Taeyang, Seungri, and Daesung. We'll be helping you get back home."