Inccubus

Beastly Blood

BTW, if you don't know how to pronounce the title name, it's Inccubus....In-cube-us

 

We camped in the forest that night. It was cold and dark and scary, but I knew I was safe with everyone protecting me. I snuggled in closer to Doojoon, while the jealous creatures stayed up all night on guard. They can sleep if they want to, but they don't have to. Just like how they can eat human food if they want to, but they don't necessarily need to eat to survive. It's strange that way.

However, they always need blood.

Kikwang hadn't had blood for a long time, much longer than any of the others. His eyes were slowly shifting from black to red, black to red.

"Kikwang.....are you okay?" I asked him softly.

"I'm......fine." He panted, his body trembling from effort not to launch himself at me right then and there.

I backed away to give him some distance. It must hurt him NOT to touch me. "Okay. I'm just going to go get some water."

"O....kay...." He gasped weakly.

I walked down the path, carefully going in the middle so none of the trees could hit me. Yoseob found the trail and told me there was a small pond down there. When I asked him if there was anything there, he responded by saying "There was a couple of Kappas and Ja-aku, but I took care of it." Then he flashed me a smile that showed his fangs, and I decided not to ask about it anymore.

The pond water was pitch-black, but tasted like normal water. Best of all, you didn't need to boil it to get rid of any tiny organisms or bacteria. It was completely free. Fresh water in the Vampire Shadowrealm was as healthy and safe as drinking out of a water bottle.

I dunked my hands into the water and cupped some water into my hands. I brought it up to my lips and drank it. It was fresh and cool and tasted slightly sweet, but it was refreshing.

The water's surface rippled and distorted. When it smoothed back, I realized a pair of blood-red eyes were gleaming behind me.

I yelped and stood up in shock. I was about to turn around when I felt a hand clamp over my mouth and another clench around my waist.

"Just don't move, please." The Vampire whispered.

"K-Kikwang?" I stammered in a muffled voice.

"You drive me crazy, you know that?" Kikwang whispered softly. I shivered when his ice-cold lips landed on my neck. "Why do you have to be so appallingly DELICIOUS? I could hear your blood pounding in your heart, I could smell it, I could almost TASTE it."

"Kikwang......" I tried to say again, but my words died in my throat when he the skin of my neck.

"Just one little taste." He whispered. "Just one little taste, Jimi. I'm so hungry, so thirsty...."

His fangs pierced my skin and I gasped at the sharp pain of it. The pain died away slightly when Kikwang began blood out from my neck. I shivered and I started to feel lightheaded.

Kikwang managed to pull himself away before he drained me. He all the blood away from his lips and then the small lines of blood trickling from the holes in my neck until the holes stopped bleeding and started to close up.

"You really are delicious, Jimi." He said cheerfully, and I blushed, swaying slightly on my feet. I almost fell, but he wrapped an arm around my waist again and caught me. "I still think you'll make the best bride for me." He whispered. His head moved closer to mine, his lips getting closer and closer and..................

Suddenly, he was gone, and I almost fell backwards again. Then someone replaced Kikwang and put his arm around my waist next, and I realized it was Dongwoon.

"Dongwoon?" I asked faintly. He growled, his eyes never leaving the struggling Kikwang as Junhyung pounced on him.

"Dongwoon." I insisted. His shoulders were trembling and I knew he was about to lose it.

"Dongwoon." I said softer, reaching out to his hair.

He started to relax, and his muscles loosened up. He smiled at me, and gently set me on my feet and steadied me. "Thank you, Dongwoon." I said, his hair again. He smiled in delight and sighed happily.

Sounds of scuffle was still heard with Junhyung and Kikwang. "Hands OFF my prey, bastard!" Junhyung was yelling. "She's my bride!" Kikwang yelled back angrily.

"Do you want to go back to the others?" Dongwoon offered. I nodded and smiled.

We left the two Vampires to fight it out and walked back up the path.

However, halfway there, Dongwoon suddenly stopped moving and stiffened up into a statue. His arm went over my shoulders, but the tightness in his muscles meant that this was a protective gesture. Something dangerous was coming.

"Dongwoon?" I whispered. "Quiet please, Jimi." Dongwoon muttered, his dark eyes moving side to side as he tried to make out the perpetrator.

Suddenly, he pushed me behind him and faced the right side of the pitch-black trees.

"Amazing. You could sense where we were even though we weren't moving." A voice said from out of the darkness. "I admire your intuition, Newborn."

Dongwoon growled.

"But who is it you're protecting? Newborns don't protect -- Newborns are insane." The voice seemed to grow a bit closer, and then a figure stepped out of the shadows.

I gasped. It was a beautiful face, an almost childlike beauty. So inhumanly beautiful no creature I have ever seen compared to him. This boy had snow-white, delicate, almost fragile-looking features. He looked into my eyes, and suddenly the world melted away, and all that was there was me and the boy's eyes. They were so beautiful. I suddenly wanted to walk over to him, to be by his side. To touch that beautiful creature's face, to know that he was real and I wasn't dreaming. I knew whatever this creature, this angel, wanted me to do, I would do it instantly for him.

Dongwoon suddenly covered my eyes with one hand. "Don't look, Jimi." He whispered hoarsely. "He's an Inccubus. Don't look at him. He's hypnotizing you with his eyes."

I realized he was right. Whatever an Inccubus was, now that I wasn't staring at his childlike, beautiful face, I didn't feel that sudden need to be near the creature. I buried my face in Dongwoon's shirt so I couldn't see the creature anymore, before I did something very stupid.

"Interesting, Newborn." The Inccubus said in a clear voice that sounded like the graceful moving of water in a river. "You manage to keep your sanity. Is that creature you are protecting have anything to do with this?"

A soft wind blew, and my hair lightly floated a bit. Dongwoon stiffened up even more.

The Inccubus paused, nostrils flaring. "Wait am minute....."

Dongwoon suddenly roared, a loud, fiercesome, inhuman scream that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Was he calling the others?

I could make out a flash of light as the Inccubus smiled, revealing razor-sharp fangs. "Well, well, well. What do we have here, Newborn? What's a human doing in the Vampire Shadowrealm, hmmmm?"

"Run." Dongwoon hissed, and suddenly we were flying, racing down the paths so fast the trees melted together into one single black wall.

"No! We can't go back!" I yelped into his ear. "Why not?"

"Because my oppa is there! They'll find him! They'll kill him!" I yelled desperately, tears in my eyes. Doojoon was unprotected. Would Yoseob and Hyunseung be enough to stop the Inccubus?

Dongwoon paused and stopped running. "Where do we go, then?"

"Don't you know the Shadowrealm?" I asked him. He shook his head. "I was asleep the entire time I lived here. I know nothing of it. The only ones who really know the Shadowrealm would be the two Vampires and the Vampire Hunter."

"We can't go to Hyunseung, that would lead us straight to oppa." I said quickly. "We need to go back to the pond, and hopefully Kikwang and Junhyung would still be there!"

"Okay." Dongwoon said, then gasped.

I didn't understand why he was shocked until I realized an arm, lighter than a feather, had appeared behind me and wrapped itself around my waist, pulling me. Quicker than the speed of light, I was pulled away, before Dongwoon coud even react. Then I was flying. But it wasn't just the inhuman Vampire/Dhampir speed kind of flying.

I was ACTUALLY flying.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed, as the dark trees were suddenly below me and the night sky welcomed me with its eerie two moons.

The beautiful Inccubus was back. As easy as if I was a pillow, he swung me around so one arm was around my waist and the other was underneath the crook of my knees, bridal-style. I realized dark, bat-like wings had appeared from the Inccubus' back, which explained why I was a hundred feet up off the ground.

"What a pretty human you are." He said, smiling, revealing his fangs again. I shivered and looked away from his face.

"Strange. You are actually able to fight the Inccubus power. You really are interesting. And it's not every day we Inccubus can feast on fresh human."

I struggled to push him away from me, but he chuckled. "And if you do manage to free yourself, where will you go? You'll just fall to your death and break your neck."

He was right, but I wasn't going to just let him carry me away. "HELP!!!" I screamed as loud as I could. "YOSEOB!!! DOOJOON OPPA!!! HYUNSEUNG!!! JUNHYUNG!!! KIKWANG!!! DONGWOON!!!"

I heard a faint yell. "Jimi!" But it sounded miles away, I didn't know where the voice came from. Tears came to my eyes. "HELP ME, PLEASE!!!" I screamed.

The Inccubus didn't bother trying to stop me from screaming. "Don't be so scared, human. We'll play with you first before we kill you. And I promise you, your death will be painless. One quick snap of the neck, and you won't feel anything. Trust me."

"Let me go!" I said, trying to sound brave and failing miserably. "I need to go back home! To the human world!"

"Well, I'm afraid you're going to be staying here for a while." The Inccubus said cheerfully. "Let's get to know each other. Who are you?"

"Yoon J-Jimi." I mumbled, trying not to look into his eyes.

"Yoon Jimi. What a pretty name, for a pretty human."

I blushed, despite the fact this beautiful creature was going to kill me later.

"Who are you? Do Inccubus' have names?"

"Of course we do."

Silence.

I grew impatient. "Well? What's your name?"

The Inccubus chuckled and flashed me a dazzlingly sweet smile, almost sweeter than the ones Yoseob gives me. I was momentarily stunned.

"Taemin."

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

OMIGOD!!! WE HAVE A STAR GUEST IN MY FANFIC!!!

LOL why am I so surprised? I WROTE this.......

Anyway, not all of SHINee are going to be the Inccubus, I basically put together a bunch of random Kpop stars to make the "beautiful" Inccubus'.....

Enjoy :)