Dhampir

Beastly Blood

Yoseob was walking back home from the bar when he bumped into a woman. Strange. He couldn't see her face hidden underneath a large black cloak.

"I'm very sorry!" He apologized quickly, then resumed his walking.

He didn't get far, though. The lady suddenly gripped his arm with surprising strength.

"You, boy...." Her words were strange. They had a curious, lilting accent to them that he's never heard of before. "You are different."

"H-huh?" He asked, bewildered. "Excuse me?"

"You are unlike the others. You have......the potential." The lady whispered.

"Potential for what?" Yoseob asked, giving a nervous laugh. The lady scared him, for some reason.

The lady smiled and pulled back her hood. Yoseob was startled. She had an inhuman, enchantingly beautiful face, the face of an angel or a goddess. Her skin was alabaster pale, with blood-red lips and big, dark eyes with long eyelashes. She smiled, and Yoseob felt his heart rate pulse faster.

"Why don't you follow me?" She asked. Yoseob, almost under a trance, immediately followed her into a dark alley.

She turned to face him. "What is your name, boy?"

"M-my name is Yang Yoseob, ma'am." Yoseob stuttered.

The lady walked forwards and put her hands on his shoulders, her grip so strong he was rooted to the spot, and there was no way he could wriggle free.

"Yang Yoseob. Your life is going to change utterly." Her voice seemed to grow deeper and louder as she spoke, until it echoed inside his head. "You will be changed. You will be different. You will experience things most people will never experience in their life. I shall change you, Yang Yoseob. Today is the day you shall be REBORN!"

The last thing Yoseob remembered was her inclining her head towards him, as if she was going to kiss him. Then he saw her eyes flash red and felt severe pain as something sharp pierced his neck.

Then he knew nothing more.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

When he woke up, he felt a piercing, jabbing, aching, throbbing pain in his head.

"AAAAAAAAAARGH!" He yelled, clutching his head. The pain was intense. It was like a sledgehammer was cracking straight into his skull and brain.

"Stop the pain! Stop it!" He yelled desperately. He wanted to die. The pain was so intense............

"Calm yourself, Yang Yoseob." The lady commanded. He felt cool hands on his head, and the pain slowly died away.

"Stand up, Yang Yoseob. Embrace your new future." The lady whispered.

Yoseob slowly got to his feet, and stared at his hands in shock. His hands were pale white, ghostly white. Chalky alabaster, like the lady's skin.

The lady held out a mirror, and Yoseob yelled in shock when he saw his face.

His eyes......were RED. Crimson red. Blood red. And right there, in between his lips, was fangs sprouting from where his canine teeth used to be. FANGS.

"What the hell did you do to me?" He screamed in terror, scrambling backwards until he crashed into some garbage bags. "You.....stay away from me, you....you....."

"Calm yourself." The lady repeated. "I have changed your life, Yang Yoseob."

"No, you RUINED it!" Yoseob yelled. "You....you turned me into a....a.....a FREAK!"

"You are not a freak. You know what you have changed into, Yang Yoseob."

"A VAMPIRE! YOU TURNED ME INTO A FREAKISH, BLOOD- VAMPIRE!!!" Yoseob howled in fury and pain. No. This couldn't happen to him. How was he going to explain this to Jimi?

The lady's eyes flashed. "Don't you dare mention those disgusting pure blood's name!" She snapped, her eyes flashing red. "You are no Vampire, Yang Yoseob. Can't you feel it in your chest?"

Yoseob paused, and pressed a palm to his chest. He could feel his heart beating as it pushed blood around his body. "I.....I still have a heart."

"You possess the raw power and strength of a vampire, as well as their need for blood, but you still have a heart, Yang Yoseob. You are still half-human."

"So....I'm a half-human, half-vampire....hybrid?" Yoseob asked, confused.

"Yes, although 'hybrid' is not the word you should say. We are formally known as Dhampir, children of both the Vampire clans and the Human clans."

Yoseob scowled at her. "Well, I don't want to be a Dhampir OR a Vampire! Change me back!"

"I cannot." The lady said regally. "It is impossible to change back."

"Why me, then? Why me?"

"Because you had the potential to do great things, Yang Yoseob. You have the potential to become one of the greatest Dhampirs in history. As a Dhampir, it is my duty to create others of our kind. Dhampirs make Dhampirs, Vampires make Vampires."

She began to step back into the darkness.

"Grow, Yang Yoseob. Grow into a splendid Dhampir. And once you have grown, challenge those horrendous Vampires! Show them the power of Dhampirs!"

"No, wait! I don't want this!" Yoseob yelled, running towards her. "Please, don't....."

The lady suddenly disappeared when she was completely covered in darkness.

Yoseob felt the air. She was gone.

He felt fire inside of him. Fire burned at his throat.

He saw a rat scuttle by, pause, and stare at him.

Yoseob felt his fangs snap, and his eyes blazed red with hunger. Without thinking, he reached out with lightning-fast speed and...................

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Yoseob threw up afterwards.

He couldn't believe it. He just ate a RAT. Well, not 'ate' it specifically, but he drained it completely of blood.

It tasted disgusting. Filling, certainly -- the burn in his throat was quenched for now -- but not very appetizing.

Yoseob's mouth watered when he thought of humans. Humans, with their fresh blood and pumping hearts.......how delicious would they taste.......

He realized what he was thinking of and slapped himself. No. Drinking blood was disgusting, but drinking human blood was WRONG.

He wouldn't do it. He couldn't.

He looked at himself in the mirror. As long as he didn't drink or was tempted by blood, his eyes returned to his dark colour and his fangs turned back into teeth. That was good -- he just needed to control his bloodlust, and he almost looked normal.

Then a horrible thought came to him. Jimi. How was he going to explain this to Jimi? Without killing her first?

Yoseob's face crumpled into dispair. He wouldn't ever be able to talk to Jimi ever again. Not if he wanted to kill her and drain her of blood. He couldn't do it.

So, in order to protect Jimi, he had to push her away. In the cruelest ways possible, so Jimi wouldn't think of coming back to him.

He had to protect her life, even if it meant destroying the only happiness in his.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Yoseob took a silent, deep, shaking breath as he heard your frantic pleas on the other end of the line.

"Goodbye." He said curtly, hanging up.

He dropped the phone and sunk to the carpet, clutching his head with both hands.

"How could I do this?" He moaned, a tear falling down his cheek. "How can I be so cruel to her? I'm sorry....I'm so sorry, Jimi."

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Yoseob, for old human time's sake, went to the guidance counsellor's office to talk. He didn't like the way people looked at him now. Several glanced at him in admiration, even more girls glanced at him with longing. But everyone kept a distance away from him. He radiated with a dangerous aura they couldn't explain.

He was very pleased he had kept his cool through the entire session and didn't jump over the desk and kill the lady talking to him. It was his first interaction with humans, and besides the fact that his hands were clenched into shaking fists under the table, he felt normal. Maybe this was easier than he thought.

Then the door opened, and Jimi walked in.

Yoseob froze. He could smell it -- the fresh, young blood. Nothing like the middle-aged lady in front of him.

He turned around slowly. It was Jimi, he was sure of it. He forgot how beautiful she looked -- even more beautiful compared to even Vampire or Dhampir women. Jimi excluded an innocent, sweet, kind aura that made the smell of her blood that much tastier.

He almost did it. He almost hurtled towards Jimi and sank his fangs into her soft, vulnerable neck. He could feel his fangs starting to grow already, pressing against his tongue.

He immediately stood up and, white in the face, ran out of the room past Jimi. He couldn't do it. Not to her, not to anyone. He may have been a monster, but he wasn't going to start acting like one.

As soon as he was outside and the smell of her blood wasn't driving him crazy, his face crumpled into misery. He didn't miss the look on Jimi's face when he ran past her. The look of betrayal, hurt, confusion.....and pain.

"I'm sorry, Jimi. I really am." Yoseob whispered as he began his slow walk back home.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Yoseob was surprised when his doorbell rang.

He opened it, and saw two extremely handsome boys around his age or older supporting another equally handsome one in between them. Yoseob knew faces like those -- faces of such supreme beauty that it was inhuman.

"You're a half-blood, aren't you?" One of them, an angry-looking one with a penetrating gaze, demanded.

Yoesob stiffened. Ever since he changed, he was able to see the demons and monsters that haunted the human world, the same way Jimi could. The Sight, it was called. He was able to tell the difference immediately between people who were humans, and people who were like him.

He's met several of 'his kind' in various places (not all of those places being on the human world), and only Vampires called him half-blood. "The proper term is Dhampir." He said coldly. "What do you want, Vampire?"

The guy snorted. "Chill out, man. We just heard there was a Dhampir in the area and we need a place to crash."

Yoseob was surprised. Vampires considered themselves higher in superiority to Dhampirs, since they were full Vampire and not half like Dhampirs were. It was strange having a Vampire talk so easily, so HUMAN, to a Dhampir. "Why?"

"Um....can we please come in?" The other boy, more beautiful than handsome, said meekly. "If this guy wakes up before we lock him up somewhere, he's gonna rip this entire city apart."

Yoseob looked at the Vampire they were supporting. He was taller than both of them, and more gangly in a way, but he was unconscious, his feet dragging on the floor. The other two Vampires were of course able to support his weight easily, but they looked nervous.

Yoseob felt a trickle of fear in his stomach -- the first time he's ever felt scared since becoming a Dhampir. They were handling that Vampire as if he was a live, ticking bomb, about to explode at any moment.

"Yo, can we get a move on?" The more agressive Vampire snarled, his eyes flickering nervously to the unconscious Vampire.

"S-sure, come in." Yoseob let them inside. "What's wrong with him, anyway?"

"Er....well....he's um...er...." The pretty one looked sheepish. "He's a Newborn."

Yoseob immediately reacted. He jumped backwards a bit in shock, then said, "Hurry up and lock him up somewhere! God dammit, you should have told me sooner! What if he wakes up?"

Yoseob shivered. He was really nervous now. A Newborn Vampire in his mansion? This was dangerous, and it suddenly occurred to him that these two Vampires might be just as dangerous too.

"Do you have a cellar or something in here?" The agressive one asked, his head spinning left and right so fast it was almost a blur.

Yoseob nodded. "There's one in the basement."

Immediately they had disappeared in a gust of wind. Yoseob didn't even blink. He also had that gift of super-speed. That was one of the only good things about changing -- everything could be done so FAST.

They appeared again. "We locked him in there. You don't mind, do you?" The pretty one asked.

"Not really. But how long are you guys staying?"

The two Vampires looked at each other. "For a while." They both echoed.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Yeah, now that the general shock of learning OMG YOSEOBIE IS A VAMPIRE is over, the reaaaaaal drama is beginning.....

Sorry, people seem to really like this idea, so I may not update Capture Your Heart and Love is Forbidden on the Soccer Fields as much as this one.......

LOL everyone knows who's the unconscious Vampire, right? ;) ;) Oh, you just wait until he appears more in the story......