Rescue

Beastly Blood

I screamed as I flew down, the wind whipping at my cheeks and blowing my hair in all directions. I heard furious yells above me.

A horrible thought occured to me. Inccubus have wings, they could just catch me and bring me back. Oh shoot.

I screamed even more. "YOSEOB!!! DOOJOON OPPA!!! JUNH----"

I stopped with a loud "OOF" as something caught me mid-air.

I felt a spasm of fear when I thought it was one of the Inccubus. Then I opened my eyes and saw the warm eyes, sweet smile, and blonde hair of Yoseob, who had somehow jumped at an impossible height and caught me bridal style in his arms.

"Yoseob!" I squealed joyfully, throwing my arms around him.

I gasped when I felt his body shudder, and remembered what he was. "Oh, whoops!" I quickly leaned back. He shuddered, his eyes flashing red and his fangs poking out. He took a couple deep breaths and resisted the urge, and slowly his eyes turned back to its normal warm brown. He smiled sweetly.

"Thank god you're okay, Jimi." He whispered, hugging me as close as possible without causing bloodlust. He stared at my face as though I was a goddess. "I promise I will NEVER let you out of my sight again."

"Um...........okay. Thank you." I felt tears in my eyes. "I was so scared.......I'm so happy you got me....."

Yoseob landed gently on the ground as light as a feather, and I was immediately whisked through the black forests until we reached the clearing.

I was instantly surrounded by people. "Jimi!" Dongwoon shouted, looking sickened with himself. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to......I should have saved you, I should have........"

"Ssssh, it's okay, Dongwoon." I his hair. "It's okay, it's okay. I'm just glad I'm back."

Dongwoon smiled and closed his eyes, relaxing and sighing in contentment.

Doojoon pulled you into a tight hug. "God, you scared me, Jimi. Don't do that again!"

Junhyung and Kikwang scowled but said nothing to Doojoon. "We're glad you're safe, Jimi." Kikwang said. Junhyung chuckled. "It's a good thing you were screaming your head off the entire time. I think the entire Shadowrealm heard you." I blushed.

Hyunseung looked at me and smiled, but said nothing and didn't move any closer to me.

"The Inccubus might come back." Yoseob said. "We better get out of here before they find us."

"Right." They said grimly. Dongwoon wrapped an arm around my waist and it was clear he was going to kill anything that got close to me.

We hid in the bushes. We heard swooping sounds overhead, which meant the Inccubus were looking for me. Every so often when we moved to another bush, we heard a howl of anger as they tried to find their prey.

"We almost reached a safety area." Yoseob whispered. "Inccubus don't venture too far from their home. We might just make it---"

There was a thump, and I screamed.

Junhyung immediately placed a hand over my mouth. "Shut up, Jimi. It was just a rabbit. You want the entire Shadowrealm to know where we are?" He hissed.

"You have rabbits in your world?" I asked, muffled.

Something that resembled a rabbit came out, but it was bright green and had red eyes. It hissed at me like a snake, a black forked tongue flickering out as it bared inch-long fangs at me.

"Something like that." Junhyung muttered as the rabbit hopped away.

We finally made it to what Kikwang said was 'clear'. The forest suddenly disappeared, cut off clean like a knife had swept across the land. We were now in dark fields of brownish-grey grass. A black paved stone road stretched in front of us.

"Over that hill down there should be a town." Kikwang said from memory, pointing in the distance. "We can rest in an inn there. If they don't smell Doojoon or Jimi's scent first."

"Oh yeah, that will be easy." Yoseob said sarcastically. "Doojoon REEKS of humanity, and Jimi has the most delicious scent imaginable. This will be easy to pass off."

"Got a better idea?" Hyunseung snapped. "You want to sleep in a tree? You think Jimi will like that?"

Yoseob paused, then grinned. "No, Jimi would hate that."

I giggled. "Yeah, probably."

"Then where?" Dongwoon insisted, still having a tight hold around my waist.

Junhyung looked stumped. "How the hell do I know? I'm a criminal. If the authorities catch me here, I'll be killed. They'll keep me prisoner until we reach the Capital city, and then........"

"Wait!" Hyunseung said, his large eyes sparkling. "I have an idea. It's stupid, and dangerous, and might kill us all........but we don't have much of a choice, do we? So are you going to shut up and listen or what?"

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Oooooh, what does Seungie have in mind? Hehehe XD