Gateway Battle

Beastly Blood

Finally, the endless stairs finished, and the hallway was spilling with light once more. Yoseob gently placed me on my feet and we began walking down the hallways.

"We're at the top of the North Tower?" I asked Kikwang.

"Yep." Kikwang cheerfully informed me. "Just one more hallway, and it should be the last door on our right. Then we're free!"

The door was finally there. It seemed like it took ages to get there, but here it was. Beyond that door was the Gateway......

Excited, Junhyung opened the door and swung it open, then immediately gasped in horror.

"Did you really think we were going to let you get to this Gateway so easily?" The Queen said, smirking horribly.

The Queen and the King were sitting on thrones again, in a large chamber. The huge, familiar Gateway portal stood blinking and flashing in the corner of the room. Alongside the King and Queen was the Capital Guards and the Capital Assassination Squad. I felt a surge of hate when I saw Krystal already had a black arrow in her hand and was smirking viciously.

"Kill them all." The Queen said. "Don't forget the prophecy."

"What prophecy?" I demanded.

The King spoke for the first time. His voice was just like the Queen's --- more than one voice spoke, like a chorus of people, but it was oddly disconnected and people spoke at different times. "The prophecy of the ages. That once two humans who share the same blood enter the Vampire Shadowrealm, the ruling power of the Capital shall fall to ruins by the Revolution."

"Then that's a good thing then, isn't it?" I retorted. "I would end up doing good in this world!"

Junhyung burst out laughing but quickly disguised it as a cough. I could see as well that even Ricky and Niel were hiding back smirks with the back of their hand.

"Enough with this impudence!" The Queen roared frightfully. "Finish them off!"

The Guards and the Assassination Squad stepped forward, but I stepped forward as well. "Don't forget, your Queen-sshi, my power." I said. "You will be unable to touch us."

Just like I had trained with Sooyoung, I believed in my spirit. I believed in my hope and my heart and my power to protect all those people I loved and cared about.

Suddenly, everyone including myself was surrounded by the lbue shields.

The Queen hissed in anger and fright. "This abonimable power should not have been given to you! This is madness!"

"And by the way, that prophecy is wrong." I muttered. "Because my oppa isn't human anymore. Thanks to Chunji." I glared at him, and he just smirked back at me.

"Kill them!" The Queen screamed. "Kill them, no matter the shield Ability!"

"But, your Queen-sshi, it will be impossible......" L. Joe said worriedly.

"I don't care! Get rid of the human girl first then! Fools!"

And so it started. But no matter how hard the Guards fought and lashed out at the creatures, they were all safe behind my shields. Discouraged, they fell back, waiting for the queen's orders. But she too was at a loss on what to do.

"You're amazing, Jimi!" Yoseob whispered in awe. "All we have to do is walk into the Gateway now!" I grinned triumphantly.

We were about to walk by when the Assassination Squad stopped us.

Krystal smirked. "I have an idea, if you don't mind, your Queen-sshi." She glared at me and then threw the black arrow at me. I braced myself, so the arrow would just hit my shield.

But it didn't. the arrow smashed into my shield and somehow it cracked and shattered into a million pieces. I yelled as a frightful pain, even worse than Changjo's Mirror Eyes, crashed into my brain. I felt like someone was cutting my head open.

One by one, the shields disappeared around the creatures. "You !" Hyunseung snarled. "What did you do to Jimi?"

Krystal smirked. "Just a little bit of melted silver on the tip of my arrow. Silver is poison to all creatures and their Abilities.....or did you not know that?"

The Queen gave a high-pitched laugh, and the ghostly laughing echoed and rattled through my brain. "Kill them." She sighed.

And it began.

We were heavily outnumbered---Doojoon was unconscious, I was human and mentally injured, they all had Abilities, and they had four more people than we did. We weren't going to stand a chance.

"Oppa!" I screamed. "Oppa!"

Dongwoon appeared beside me and gently placed Doojoon at my feet. "Take care of him, Jimi!" He yelled breathlessly, before going back to help Junhyung, who was struggling against the combined forces of CAP and Amber.

We were all going to die.

"No...." I whispered. "No.......oh god, please....."

Suddenly, there was the sound of breaking glass, and all the windows in the chamber shattered, and figures swooped in.

"Howdy-do, everyone! Missed us?"