Introduction (Part 1)

Beastly Blood

Author's Note:

Ah-heh-heh. Sorry! I know I shouldn't be writing another story when I still have like 3 more going on, but I just can't help it, vampire stories are so addicting............

@ LovesYoseob:

I don't know if you're the first subscriber, but you are the first commenter! LOL sorry next time I write a story I'll write it at a time when you aren't sleeping XD

Anyways................sit back and enjoy........................

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Grade 5:

I was new to the school.

Girls were huddled around in their protective little groups, whispering and giggling to each other. Boys, as usual, ran around and acted like little monkeys, screaming at the top of their lungs and throwing things at each other.

I sat by myself, alone, at a table.

"Who is that girl?" I heard one whisper to her friend.

"She's the new kid, Yoon Jimi."

"Eew, she looks creepy. Is it just me, or does she resemble a ghost?"

"Yeah, I don't feel like going near her."

"Yeah, let's just ignore her the rest of the year. Maybe she'll leave."

I ignored their voices, letting them wash over me. They were right, anyway, I did look like a ghost. My long, waist-length hair was pitch-black and hung over my face slightly, especially when I lowered my head like I was doing now. My eyes were big and dark, but had a slightly haunted look, which completed its scariness by the fact I had dark rings around my eyes. My lips were a soft pink, my skin white as milk. The fact I wore a white dress today didn't help my overall image.

I didn't care. I've always been alone. Every single school I've been to so far, all the students say the same thing: That I was a creepy, quiet girl who looks like a ghost, and that they shouldn't go near me.

My eyes clouded over slightly. If only they knew what a real ghost looks like.

Ever since I could remember, I've been able to.......see things. Things that shouldn't exist in this world. Ghosts, monsters, demons. All shapes and sizes, all beings and forms. Some are gentle and shy, and I don't mind them -- I even talk to them sometimes. Others are too frightening for words, and these ones come back later to haunt me in my nightmares. That explains my eye-circles: I almost never slept.

I was troubled, and scared, and sad, and upset. I had no friends because of that. People could feel that....WEIRD aura around me, the aura that something was WRONG about me. Even my own parents didn't feel comfortable around me. The only person so far who really cared and loved for me was my older brother Doojoon, who was two years older than me.

To my surprise, a boy got up and walked over to me. He sat down right next to me. People gasped and stared.

I blushed slightly. He was very, very cute, with blonde(?) hair and big puppy dog eyes. He had the cutest smile I've ever seen. I felt my bones grow soft and my heart rate double. This boy looked like an angel, a little cupid.

I wanted to smile back at him. I wanted to know his name, and everything else about him. I wanted him to be my friend. I wanted it so badly I almost cried.

"My name is Yang Yoseob, what's your name?" He asked, smiling cutely at me.

"I-I'm Yoon Jimi." I stammered, confused. Why was he talking to me? Nobody ever talks to me.

"You have the prettiest eyes." He confessed, smiling shyly at me. "Will you be my friend?"

This was too much for a young girl to handle. "O-Okay....."

He looked really happy. "Yay! I'm Jimi's best friend, right?"

I gave a small smile. "Of course you are."

Yang Yoseob..........you are my ONLY friend.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Grade 6:

"Oppa, Yoseob!" I screamed, running into the house. Yoseob, who was playing a computer game with Doojoon, looked up and gasped. "Jimi, what....?"

"A boy stuck gum in my hair!" I groaned, showing them the sticky wad of pink lodged into my hair. "I can't get it out, it hurts too much!"

"Babo!" Doojoon sighed. "You can't get gum out of hair. You'll have to cut it all off."

"What?" I gasped, my eyes wide. Cut off ALL this hair?

Doojoon cut my hair for me. I agreed, since Doojoon oppa was amazing at EVERYTHING, so he could certainly cut my hair without making me look like Frankenstein's Bride.

When he finished, my hair was short and to my chin.

Yoseob grinned at me. "To be honest, Jimi, I like that look on you better. You look so cute!"

I blushed with pleasure.

Ever since then, even when my hair grew back, I always cut it to that length.

********************************************************************************************************************

Grade 7:

"Jimi, what's wrong?" Yoseob asked, frowning.

I shook my head, tears running down my face. I had just seen a demon. I hated those the most. This one was grotesque and ugly, with deformed features and a face that resembled melted candle wax. It had surprised me, popping out of nowhere, and it was following me around. I was so scared.

"Tell me why!" Yoseob demanded. "Jimi! Please! I know something is wrong! Did you think I don't notice? Every so often, your face turns paler than usual, and you start to tremble and sweat, and you look scared, like you had just seen a monster or something. And sometimes you even cry! Please......tell me, Jimi. Tell me what it is, and I'll protect you from it."

I ended up blurting the whole thing out to him. Instead of thinking I was lying, or acting like I was a freak, he instead wrapped his arms around me and pushed my head into his chest.

My eyes widened. He was so close.

"There." Yoseob whispered softly, my hair. "Now you can't see them anymore, right?"

I smiled and laughed through my tears. "Thank you, Yoseob........."

"From now on, tell me about these ghosts and demons you see. I want to know. If it's something good, let's talk to it together. If it's something bad, I will protect you from it so you can't see it anymore. I'll always be here for you, Jimi."

*********************************************************************************************************************

Grade 8:

"Look, there's Yoseob!" Girls began to giggle.

I looked up and smiled. Yoseob ran over, smiling like a little boy at Christmas. "Jimi!" He squealed, throwing his arms around me and hugging me to the point I couldn't breathe.

"A-aaagh....Y-Yoseob....." I choked out.

"I missed you so much over the break, Jimi!" He yelled into my ear.

"I-I missed you too, Yoseob....b-but I can't breathe....."

"Oh! Sorry!" Turning slightly red, he let go of me.

Girls glared at me in jealousy as the two of us walked away. "Why does Yoseob always hang out with her?"

"The gothic ghost girl? Puh-leez."

Yoseob gripped my hand tightly and smiled at me. "Ignore them, Jimi. You know I see only you!"

I laughed, blushing slightly. "Well, Yoseob, I only see you too. Guess that makes us even."

*********************************************************************************************************************

Grade 9:

"Hello, Doojoon, how are you?" Umma asked as she and appa walked into the home.

Doojoon looked up. "What? You're back from your business trip?" He asked coldly. He never forgave our parents for pushing me aside because of my strange ability.

"Don't start, Doojoon!" Appa scolded. "How is Jimi?"

Doojoon paused, then smiled. "She's great. Ever since she became friends with Yang Yoseob, she's......different. She changed. She smiles and laughs a lot more now. She sleeps better -- her eye-circles are gone. She looks healthy, she even exercises!"

"Wow, Jimi is doing all that?" Umma's eyes widened.

"Well, you wouldn't care." Doojoon went back to being his surly self again. "You guys are always flying around the world on your little business ventures."

"Stop it, Doojoon! Behave!" Appa snarled. "We're just here to take a short rest. We have a flight to Venezuela in two hours."

"Of course you are." Doojoon muttered. He walked out of the room and outside into the backyard. Yoseob and I was crouched down talking excitedly.

I looked up when I heard him approaching. "Oppa, look! It's the injured bird we healed last week! He came to say hello!" I giggled and showed him the chirping robin in my hands. "He's so sweet!"

Doojoon smiled, but there was pain in his smile.

I'm so happy for you, Jimi. I'm so glad you can smile and laugh now. I just wish......that I could have been the one to make you smile. I wish it wasn't Yoseob, but me that changed you. I wish I could have been a better older brother to you.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Grade 10:

"Doojoon! Get the first-aid kit!" Yoseob yelled, half-supporting me as I tottered into the living room.

Doojoon jumped up off the couch. He was reading a sports magazine. "Jimi! What the hell happened to you?"

"N-nothing at all, oppa......" I stammered, clutching at my ribs and wincing in pain.

"Those jealous girls.....how could they be so mean to my Jimi?" Yoseob muttered angrily under his breath as he gently set me down on the couch.

Doojoon ran back in with the first-aid kit. "Let me guess -- Yoesob's jealous fans got a hold of you again and beat you in the girls bathroom?"

"T-that about sums it up.....owch!" I winced.

"Sorry, it'll only sting for a few more seconds, be brave." Doojoon gently blew on your wound in an effort to lessen the pain.

"Owww.....t-thanks, oppa." I said, smiling weakly.

"Some day you have to stand up to those girls, Jimi!" Yoseob said, his puppy eyes round with worry. "I won't be there all the time to protect you."

I smiled again. "It's okay. Those kinds of girls won't go anywhere in life, and --- OMIGOD, OPPA! THERE'S A DEMON BEHIND YOU!!!!

Doojoon quickly turned around with a yelp. I giggled. "Joke, there isn't a demon anywhere right now."

"Yah, Jimi, that's not funny!" Doojoon complained. "Sometimes I can't tell if you're lying or not since I can't see the damn things anyway!"

I laughed again. Even Yoseob joined in. After a while, Doojoon couldn't help but laugh as well.

Everything was happy. Everything was perfect.

Even though I loved Doojoon oppa, Yoseob was my world to me. He was my best friend, and he will be for life.

I imagined us going to the same university, doing the same job, maybe even working together. I imagined going to him for advice and comfort whenever I needed it. I saw him as my best man at my wedding, as the godfather of my future children. When he died, I would die, so neither of us would get lonely in whatever lay ahead after death.

Always together..............I never wanted it to change. I wished every day of the rest of my life could be spent like this, laughing with Yoseob and Doojoon, together.

But everything did change. And in the most brutal, unrealistic, fantastical way possible.......