Chapter 2 - The Surprise

My Weird Girl (My Amnesia Girl Sequel)

 

Chapter 2 - The Surprise
 
"There's nothing more special when you're beside someone you really like," Yoona thought to herself.
 
Kyu and Yoona were inside Kyu's car. They were from Chorong's birthday party and Kyu was driving Yoona home. Bomi was left at Chorong's place to have a sleepover with Chorong and Hayoung. Shindong slept at Chorong's place with a bowl of half eaten marconi salad on his hands. Yoona decided to leave her oppa because Chorong's parents insisted to let him sleep overnight due to his poor condition. Sungmin, Yuri,Changmin,and Sooyoung were with Donghae, heading home using Donghae's car. Jiyeon,however,was dragged along with them, thanks to the powerful arms of Yuri.
 
For the whole duration of their trip, the both of them were silent. Yoona, not used to being silent, spoke up.
"Aren't you supposed to be with your girlfriend?"
As usual, Kyu didn't answer. Yoona didn't bother to speak again. After a few minutes, Kyu spoke.
 
"I've known her since we moved in to the US. They were our business partners. To strengthen the bond, they arranged our marriage when we turn 21."
Yoona was surprised. She looked at him with sad eyes, waiting for him to continue.
 
"We're here."
She didn't notice that they just arrived at her place.
"Thank you for driving me home," she thanked him.
After unbuckling her seatbelt, Kyu said,
"It doesn't mean that I will obey everything my parents will say."
 
Yoona looked at him with confused eyes. Kyu looked at the horizon. After a few seconds of silence, their eyes met. She snapped out of it then thanked him again before leaving the car.
She stood by the pavement while looking at the car vanish at the horizon.
 
One nice morning...
"It doesn't mean that I will obey everything my parents will say."
 
Riiiiing!!!
 
Yoona's alarm clock went on. It was a nice Sunday morning. She turned off her alarm clock then sat up. She stretched her long arms with closed eyes.
Upon opening her eyes, she met Yuri's bubbly eyes.
 
"KYAAAH!" Yoona shouted.
"Wow,Yoong. Such powerful vocals," Yuri said, cleaning her ear.
Yoona hugged her pillow and asked, "Yuri? What are you doing here?Is it noon already? School is not until next week."
Before Yuri could answer, someone spoke from beside Yoona.
 
"Fix yourself up, grandma deer."
Yoona instantly knew that voice. Oh no, that voice. That guy...
She slowly looked beside her then saw that she was right. She was face-to-face with the evil looking guy she'd met...ever
 
"Kyu!"
She threw her pillow at him in shock.
"What are you doing here!" She later realized that it was not only Yuri and Kyu that were inside her room.
 
"Good morning!" Sooyoung,Seohyun, Donghae, and Sungmin greeted her.
 
In surprise, she hugged her bedsheet.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!"
"Have you forgotten?" Sungmin asked her.
"The 'big day'? Remember?" Sooyoung said.
Yoona was still in shock to remember what they were talking about.
 
"Did got an amnesia again? It's your birthday silly!" Yuri exclaimed.
 
"My...My... Birthday?"
"Oh yeah. It is my birthday. How could I forget my own birthday?" She thought to herself.
 
"So, we planned a little something for you. Hurry and fix yourself up!" Sooyoung said.
"Why? Where are we going?" Yoona curiously asked.
"We'll be waiting for you downstairs." Donghae said as she pushed the others outside the room.
 
After a few minutes...
 
Yoona went down to the living room. She saw her parents and the others, including the only person she thought she'll see inside her house.
 
"Oh! Happy Birthday Yoong!"
"Thank you...
 
Jiyeon."
 
While walking in the park...
 
"Yoong, don't blame me if she tagged along. She's just so pushy, you know," Yuri whispered to Yoona. "It's okay. She's Kyu's girlfriend anyway," Yoona whispered back.
 
Yoona looked at Kyu and Jiyeon walking in front of them. Jiyeon was tightly holding Kyu's arm and he doesn't even bother. She felt weird inside. It's as if her heart was being crushed by two invisible forces. She held her chest and thought to herself," What is this weird feeling? It's so...new?" She just shrugged the thought.
 
"Jiyeon, let go," Kyu whispered to Jiyeon.
"Wae? I missed you holding like this," Jiyeon whispered back.
Kyu doesn't like her being so clingy and stuff. He thought what will Yoona think. Then, unconsciously, she was looking around for her. When she saw her, she was looking at his arm, the part where Jiyeon was holding him.
Yoona's eyes were unexplainable. Kyu thought she looked funny. But then, she looked up at him and their eyes met. Kyu smiled at her but she just blushed and looked down.
 
"Oh. She's jealous alright," Kyu thought to himself.
 
"Hey, guys! Where are you going without me?" a guy suddenly said beside Yoona. Kyu doesn't like it when he sees that guy close to her.
 
Yoona looked beside her.
"Hi Yoona!" the guy greeted with a bright smile.
"Oh, hi
 
 
 Changmin," Yoona greeted back.