Chapter 1: The Birthday Party

My Weird Girl (My Amnesia Girl Sequel)

 

"Dear Diary,
Everything went so fast. How could it be that someone so close to you before will become a stranger someday. An accident... An accident that changed my life... That changed who I am...
I love him...
But he has someone else now. What should I do?"
 
Yoona wrote in her diary.
 
It was a calm Saturday morning. The flowers started to bloom as a sign that spring is coming.
 
Yoona was busy writing on her diary when her phone rang.
 
"Hello?"
"Yoong? Are you busy? Can you come over to my place?"
"Oh,sure Seohyun. What's up?"
"Chorong's having her birthday today and Mama and Papa prepared a little party."
"Okay. I will come."
"Thanks Yoong! See you!"
Yoona hung up.
 
Before going to Seohyun's place, Yoona went to the town to buy a little gift for Chorong. She went to a little boutique; the same one as where she and Yuri went one year ago to buy dresses. She did not only came her to buy a dress. She came her for another reason.
 
"Kyu,come on! Tour me around town. I want to go sightseeing!" said a pretty girl.
"I am busy. Maybe next time," Kyu replied.
"Ah! I want to go now. Please Kyu. Is that how you treat your girlfriend huh?"
"I am not..." before Kyu could finish his statement, he saw someone.
 
"Yoona..."
 
Yoona watched as the two were arguing.
"I'm sorry. I just want to look for some dress. Maybe this isn't the right time," Yoona said as she bowed for apology.
"No. It's okay. Sorry for the commotion," the pretty girl pouted.
"Jiyeon, stop it," Kyu said.
Kyu approached Yoona. "Is there something that I can help you?"
 
"I just want to see you," Yoona thought to herself.
 
"The sales lady can help her. Come on," Jiyeon dragged Kyu outside.
Yoona just looked at the two couples walking away.
"Ma'am? What can I do for you?" a sales lady asked her.
She snapped out of her daydream and proceeded to buy Chorong a gift.
 
 
 
 
"Look at that! Let's ride the roller coaster!" Jiyeon joyfully requested.
Kyu was silent. For the whole duration of their "date", he remained silent.
"Kyu,say something will you?"
He didn't respond.
"Fine. I will ride by myself."
"I never told you I liked you," Kyu suddenly said.
 
Jiyeon knew that. He never liked her... Ever... Of all the guys she knew, Kyu was the only one who doesn't like her.
 
"I know," she said with a forced smile.
"Then, why are you doing this? You're going to hurt yourself," Kyu said.
"I want to prove something.... Anyways,I'll just buy us some drinks then we can go home,"Jiyeon said then walked away with tears flowing on her cheeks.
 
 
At Chorong's birthday party...
 
"Happy birthday Chorong,Happy birthday Chorong,Happy birthday, Happy birthday, Happy birthday Chorong!"
Everyone sang to greet Chorong.
 
Seohyun's family, Yoona, Bomi, Yuri,Sungmin,Sooyoung, and Donghae were present at the party.
 
"Hammy Mirthday!" Shindong (Yoona's big brother), with a mouthful of spaghetti, happily greeted the birthday girl.
 
"Thank you everyone! Mama, Papa, Unnie, thank you for making this one of the happiest days of my life," Chorong tearfully said.
 
"Group hug!" Yuri yelled then grabbed everybody to form a circle.
 
Ding Dong...
 
"Who could that be,"Seohyun wondered then opened the door.
 
Kyu, Jiyeon, Hayoung, and Changmin emerged at the door.
"Oh! I thought you wouldn't come. Please, come in!"
 
"Kyu! Bro!" Donghae greeted him.
"Chagmin-oppa?! What are you doing here? I thought you were going somewhere else?" Sooyoung harshly asked her big brother.
"I am going somewhere. I am here right?" Changmin joked.
Kyu didn't mind the others. Instead, he looked around,looking for someone else. Yuri noticed Kyu,then whispered to him," She's in the kitchen."
 
 Kyu entered the kitchen and saw Yoona eating something. Her back was on the door so he can't make out what she  was eating.
 
"Yoona?"
She looked around and saw him. Her eyes widened in surprise. Kyu saw the ice cream on her hand."So that's what you're doing," Kyu said with a grin.
He sat on the chair,opposite Yoona's chair.
 
Yoona noticed Kyu smiling. "What is that face?" she curiously asked.
Kyu just looked at her, giggling.
"What?!" Yoona wondered why was he giggling.
He leaned toward the table, getting closer to her.
"Hey..." Yoona leaned away from the table, avoiding Kyu's face.
Kyu leaned closer and closer.Yoona closed her eyes and prepared for the worse.
 
Then, she felt a cloth wiped on . She opened her eyes and saw his face so close to hers. Kyu snapped out then threw his handkerchief at Yoona.
"Yah!!!! What was that for?"
"Wipe your face. You're so dirty," Kyu crossed his arms.
When he noticed Yoona blushed,Kyu also started to blush, but he turned back to avoid her eyes. He walked out of the room.
 
"Pssh... Guys."
Yoona stared at the small handkerchief on her hand.
Kyu came back and said,
"Yah. Don't go home unless you're with me."