Chapter 9 - The Boutique... Again

My Weird Girl (My Amnesia Girl Sequel)

 

 
 
Yoona was lying on their living room couch, holding her pet dog.
"Look at you! You don't look so bad after all! Hmmm... I think I'll name you,
 
Kyuna! Kyu plus Yoona equals Kyuna!"
 
While admiring her new pet, the door bell rang.
"Who could that be..."
She opened the door and was surprised to see "that girl".
 
"Oh! Jiyeon! What brought you here?" Yoona said, forcing a smile. She let Jiyeon sit on the couch.
 
"You know that the annual ball is coming soon, right?"
"Right. The student body government did say that it will be moved earlier than the original date."
 
"I just want to, ahm, can you help me find a dress for the ball?" Jiyeon requested.
"Huh? Why me?"
"Because you're so close to Kyu and I thought you know what type of dress he wants for a girl, right?"
 
Yoona remembered the dress Kyu had given her last year for the ball.
"Please! Since we're graduating this year, I want to make this year a wonderful one. What do you think?"
Yoona was silent. She doesn't want to help her. But she can't let Jiyeon down.
 
"Of course, I'll help you! When do you want to go shopping?" Yoona excitedly said, but deep inside, she's not.
"I think now will be a great time! Come on, let's go!"
 
After shopping...
 
"I really liked the dress you picked for me. I think Kyu will love it!" Jiyeon said as she skipped happily.
 
Yoona just gave a forced smile.
 
"I hope you liked the dress I picked for you," Jiyeon said.
"I love it! Thank you!" This time, she gave a real smile. She did appreciate Jiyeon's generosity.
 
While they were walking, Jiyeon's phone rang.
"Hello! Yeah? Yes, she's with me. That's just around the corner, right? Of course! Bye!"
After hanging up the phone, Jiyeon grabbed Yoona's hand.
"Huh! What is it?"
"Let's hurry! Come on!" Jiyeon said then dragged Yoona. They ran so fast.
"Wait! What's the rush!" Yoona said, catching her breath.
 
When they arrived at a small boutique, Jiyeon stopped.
"We're here!"
 Yoona was stunned. "This is their boutique!.... Kyu..."
 
"Come on! Everybody's waiting for us!"
 
Inside, the gang was sitting. Everyone was there.
 
"Hi, Yoong!" Yuri happily greeted.
"Come, sit here!" Changmin offered a seat beside him.
Suddenly, Sooyoung grabbed her arm and forced her to sit beside Yuri.
"Sit here Yoong!" Sooyoung said, then gave her big brother a furious stare.
 
Changmin was helpless.
 
"So... What's up?" Yoona asked.
"Oh, nothing! We just felt to hang-out," Sungmin said as he ate his sandwich.
 
Seohyun noticed Jiyeon and Changmin who were both busy texting each other. She was silently looking at Jiyeon when her phone rang, then after a while, Changmin's phone also rang. She thought, the two might be texting each other.
 
"Right, Seohyun?" Donghae suddenly said.
"Huh! Right!" Seohyun replied even if she had no idea of what he was talking about.
 
While the others were busy chit-chatting, Kyu was silently reading a magazine.
 
Yoona noticed this. She thought that he might not want her to be there and she decided to go home.
"I'll go with you," Changmin said.
"No, it's okay. Bye guys!" Yoona said goodbye and rushed outside.
 
Changmin didn't even had the time to insist. Then, his phone rang. Seohyun noticed it again. "What are they texting about? They can talk here, right? Are they keeping a secret?" Seohyun thought.
 
While reading a magazine, Kyu came across a page with men wearing suits. His eyes were focused on a suit and he thought,
 
"Will Yoona like this for me?"
 
That night...
 
"I never told you I liked you," Kyu suddenly said.
 
Jiyeon knew that. He never liked her... Ever... Of all the guys she knew, Kyu was the only one who doesn't like her.
 
"I know," she said with a forced smile.
"Then, why are you doing this? You're going to hurt yourself," Kyu said.
"I want to prove something.... Anyway,I'll just buy us some drinks then we can go home,"Jiyeon said then walked away with tears flowing on her cheeks.
 
- End of Flashback -
 
Jiyeon was on her bed when she remembered that day with Kyu. A tear fell on her cheek. "Why am I crying? I should be happy that at last, I know he doesn't like me...
Because he likes someone else," Jiyeon said to herself.
 
Her phone rang.
 
"Changmin."
"Hey, are you crying?" Changmin asked on the other line.
"Of course not. Why should I cry. By the way, about that plan?"
"Do you think it will work?"
"We won't know if we don't do it, right?"
"Fine. You're such a handful sometimes, you know?" Changmin sighed.
Jiyeon giggled.
"Why did I even came back without any reason?" Jiyeon said with a smirk.