.07

I don't dislike you

 

 

점점 붉어지는 볼에 천천히 떨어지는 내 고개
My cheeks get redder and my head slowly drops

 

 

“I’ve had enough of the student body office” Sungjong thought as he rested his back on the elevated platform in front of the student body office, directly staring at its door as if it is the most interesting thing he had ever seen in his whole life. He found his thoughts ironic, though. All of his senior life had been devoted to the place behind those closed doors in front of him. No one can deny that he loved being the Vice President very much. It had been his escape, an escape that made him felt like he had a purpose in this world, an escape from the chaotic life that he had in the past. He dearly loved his position and saying now that he’d had enough of it is quite not what he expected himself to think.

 

“VP-jong? What are you doing?” Sungyeol asked while walking towards him with an amused face, probably wondering why Sungjong was standing outside of the office and didn’t go inside. Sungjong looked back to the hallway and saw Woohyun trailing at the back of Sungyeol staring at him with the same concerned eyes.

 

“Aren’t you going in, hyung?” Sungjong replied nonchalantly.

 

Sungyeol didn’t reply and just stared at him blankly.

 

Sungjong turned his eyes away and heaved a heavy sigh before lifting himself up from his position and making his way to enter the student body office.

 

Sungyeol gasped a little upon hearing their Vice President’s quiet sigh. Woohyun’s face was also a little shocked seeing the always-composed Sungjong with that troubled face. Sungyeol immediately covered his mouth when he saw Sungjong turn to look at them.

 

“What?”

 

“I-It’s just….. I’ve never heard you sigh before. That was the first time………..”

 

Sungjong felt ruined at that moment. Wow, myungsoo really did a lot of things to him.

 

Hoya then picked the right time to open the door and stuck his head out eyeing them all. Sungjong felt relieved that the awkwardness was instantly broken into nothingness. “Hey! It’s time! Let’s get started” He reminded and left the door open as he went inside.

 

“that kim myungsoo”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong found himself seating on one of the chair in their conference table located at the left side of the student body office. Hoya had scheduled a meeting for them to tackle about the recent issues about the school. Sungjong was examining the document that he was holding. His mind, though, seems to not want to process what was written inside the document and kept on wandering to something else.

 

“If he doesn’t come to school then fine!--- but he doesn’t even go home……” his mind trailed as his eyes unconsciously looked out the window. “What….. as a VP, how can I think that it’s fine that he doesn’t come to school..” Sungjong suddenly realized.

 

Hoya, Sungyeol, Woohyun and the other members looked at each other after seeing how distracted their Vice President seems to be. Hoya just shrugged his shoulders and got back to reading another document on his hand. Woohyun chose to break the awkward silence.

 

“Pres, the smoking incidence, shall we investigate fourth year-class 1-C for it?”

 

That caught Sungjong’s attention all of a sudden. He placed the document he was holding back to the table and stood up, raising him palm to Woohyun indicating for him to stop. 

 

“Oi! You’re still suspecting myungsoo?!” Sungjong told him with a slightly irritated voice. Though Woohyun was older, he certainly has a higher position than him. And it’s totally wrong to accuse someone without having much evidence, isn’t it?

 

“I already told you it’s your speculation” Sungjong furthered.

 

“But….” Woohyun was about to retaliate when the look on his eyes suddenly changed. He looked straight at Sungjong and tilted his head to the side as if inspecting a specimen from inside a microscope. “Why are you protecting him?! Mr. VP, you seem to treat that Kim Myungsoo differently!” Woohyun accused, making Sungjong flinch from shock and earning a gasp at the same time.

 

“W-What….. are you-----” Sungjong tried but was again beaten to it by Woohyun. They didn’t even notice the door of the student body office creaking open because of the serious uneasy situation that everyone was more focused into.

 

“Could it be…..there’s something between you two------“ Woohyun wasn’t even able to finish his sentence when everyone was startled by the sudden closing of the office door with a loud ‘bang’, bringing their attention to look at the figure standing in front of the door, hands still holding the handle.

 

“Yo” Myungsoo uncaringly raised his left hand, not even minding if he had interrupted something important. “Stop talking non-sense….since when did you see the VP hanging out with me?” He said with a sarcastic tone, looking at Woohyun in particular as if wanting him to just shut his mouth up.

 

“….you” was the only word that came out of Woohyun.

 

Sungjong had his eyes wide from the sudden appearance of Myungsoo. He didn’t know if it was because of the overwhelming relief that, finally, this guy showed up already or because of the relief that Woohyun’s ramblings were already put to a stop.

 

The next thing they knew was that Sungjong was already advancing to Myungsoo with an angry face and fisted his collar up in haste. “Myungsoo! You….where have you been in the last week?!” he snapped.

 

Myungsoo then brought his index finger up in his lips and stared at him. “shhhhhhhh” he whispered and winked at Sungjong.

 

Bathump. Bathump.

 

Sungjong felt it again.

 

Myungsoo squeezed Sungjong shoulder telling him to calm down and faced the others who were taken back from the sudden outburst of their Vice President.

 

“So, the VP is scolding me for cutting school for a week! What kind of an idiot would think we’re friends?” Myungsoo looked at them one by one letting his stare linger more on Woohyun in particular. Hoya smirked at this. Well, this was getting interesting.

 

“And you think you have the right to be in the student body office?” everyone knew at that that this question was for no other than Woohyun.

 

“Myungsoo-ya” Sungjong tried to stop him but it seems that Woohyun won’t let it go either.

 

“Shut up! You and the VP seem suspicious!” Woohyun continued as he accusingly pointed at Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo felt like reasoning back was useless already. ”What a pain in the !” He thought and sighed, changing the topic.

 

“I thought the problem at hand if the cigarette ”

 

“Hah! So you admit it…?!” Woohyun trailed off again with his continuous accusations.

 

Myungsoo shrugged and scratched his neck, not even caring what Woohyun would say further. “Well…..I don’t see why I need to explain” He insouciantly said, not even trying to deny the accusations of Woohyun.

 

Sungjong felt pissed off at that. He was not obviously the one who did it but he was not even denying it?! Just what the hell?! “What a stupid hyung…..he didn’t even mention our past. He never even had any intention to do that! Aish!”

 

“You are so stupid” Sungjong told Myungsoo.

 

“Er…” this made Myungsoo turn to him, shocked when Sungjong suddenly went in front of him as if protecting him from everyone.

 

“Shut up!” Sungjong whispered to him again.

 

“Oi…..”

 

“I said shut up!” Myungsoo tried to talk him out but suddenly felt scared of Sungjong sudden shouting. I mean, who wouldn’t be?

 

“That wasn’t Myungsoo’s cigarette! He’s my friend since junior high! I know him”

 

This earned gasps from all of the people inside the student body office except for Hoya who was only staring at them with a smirk on his face.

 

“What…you…. you’re kidding?!” Woohyun shouted.

 

Myungsoo felt his heart swell. Happy maybe that Sungjong protected him? Or also maybe not because Sungjong just gave himself away to those people. He didn’t want to harm him in the first place. He wasn’t really even planning to say anything about the relationship or, well, used-to-be relationship of the two of them.

 

“A-Anyhow…. We’ll launch an investigation later! Dismissed!” Sungjong finalized the meeting and immediately went out of the office, not wanting to embarrass himself even longer. He didn’t even have the face anymore to be in front of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…….VP” Myungsoo whispered from outside the balcony of his room, shocking the hell out of Sungjong who looked desisted inside his room.

 

“Why must you always come through the window?” Sungjong asked not even looking at Myungsoo who opened the window wider for him to come inside. Sungjong was sitting on his bed, elbow propped up on his leg, and palm resting on his cheek. He just wanted to think everything through….. though he can’t seem to concentrate on how to go to school the next day and how to face his co-members. He wanted to know why the hell did he even say such a thing. Well, it just came into him. He just felt like it’s the only way for Woohyun to shut up from his accusations. And seriously, it was already pissing him off even more that Myungsoo was not even denying. So, he felt like he just had to do it. For whom? Well, he didn’t know. He thought that maybe he did that for Myungsoo. But oh hell, why would he even admit to doing that? That is like----- I m p o s s I b l e.

 

“I’m sorry I cut school for a week” the sudden apology cut out his thoughts, making him stare at myungsoo in awe.

 

Myungsoo took this opportunity to inch closer. He sat on the floor directly in front of Sungjong and stared up at his eyes. It had been long week since he last stared at those beautiful cat-like eyes of Sungjong. He had missed it.

 

“Why------Why would you expose us?” Myungsoo inquired as he continued to stare up at Sungjong taking in all of Sungjong that he had never seen since last week. “Now…… I no longer have the reason to threaten you” He finally said it. Now that everyone already knew about their relationship, he doesn’t have a reason to keep Sungjong under his shelter anymore. Their deal was now broken. And the funny thing is, he was not even the one who broke it by exposing them. Sungjong did.

 

Sungjong stared back at him. “He doesn’t even have any intention of exposing me in the first place” He thought. He had realized this when Myungsoo denied them being in any kind of relationship. That was the perfect timing to expose everything, right? But then, Myungsoo didn’t.

 

“Well” Sungjong diverted his stare at the window when he felt himself being drowned by Myungsoo’s almond eyes. “As long as no one knows that I used to be a delinquent”

 

Both of their eyes widened at the realization of what Sungjong had just said.

 

“Ah! I mean…” Sungjong wanted to reason but was cut off when Myungsoo suddenly advanced to him, making him lie back on his bed with Myungsoo on top, both of his wrists so he won’t escape.

 

“I already heard that….you blurted it out… because you don’t dislike me, do you?” He leaned in closer, leaving a two-inch distance between their faces.

 

Sungjong felt his heart about to explode at that moment.

 

“I…..I take back what I just said!” Sungjong felt his own body quiver from the close distance between them as if they had never been in that position before.

 

“…too late. You already gave me another reason…” Myungsoo whispered while slowly roaming his hand to the back of Sungjong’s neck.

 

“What……is he going to kiss me?” Sungjong thought as he watched Myungsoo inch closer and closer to him. He chose to close his eyes and just wait till Myungsoo’s lips touch his……..but nothing came. Instead, a warm arm wrapped around his body and weight being supported by his own. He opened his eyes and was shocked when he realized that Myungsoo was hugging him. Myungsoo’s face was buried on the crook of his neck, lips touching his shoulder.

 

“If you don’t want me to tell-------- then don’t fight” Myungsoo whispered to him once again. “Okay?” his hug went tighter at the last question.

 

“But----But…. He never intends to tell!” Sungjong tried to say that to himself. He tried himself to shout back and say that he was not going to be trapped in Myungsoo’s lame tactics anymore because Myungsoo doesn’t really even plan to tell in the first place, but his whole body felt frozen at that moment. His mouth won’t listen to him. “However, I have no proof he doesn’t…..” It was his reason. It was his only reason to let Myungsoo do whatever he wants to him without him fighting back. It was his only reason why he closed his eyes when he felt Myungsoo kissing his neck.

 

 

 


 

-----------------------------

ohohohoho what's gonna happen next?! nyahahaha. XD i really at forwords or sumthin... hahahaha.. btw sungjong's is no joke, really. Dongwoo loved it. LOL