.03

I don't dislike you

 

 

I can’t say those words, I really can’t-
난 못해 정말 못해
as much as you were by my side
니가 내 곁에 있을 때 만큼
 
 

 


 

Beep! Beep! Beep!

 

The sound of the alarm clock blaring its bleep tone resounded in the whole room, signifying that the 5 minutes heaven of Kim Myungsoo is now up. Yet, he just can’t seem to stop himself from kissing Sungjong. He can’t seem to let go of those lips that he had yearned since --- oh hell, he doesn’t even remember when anymore.

 

Myungsoo pushed his kiss further into Sungjong, fading the harshness in his move and turning his actions as gentle as he can. He titled his head to the side and gently kissed sungjong while having his eyes closed. He didn’t want to scare sungjong at all though his earlier act seemed to fright the younger one a little. He untangled his fingers from Sungjong’s right hand and proceeded to caress the other one’s cheek while he continued the lip-lock that they have.

 

“Nnnnnn” Sungjong shuddered under the touch of Myungsoo. He seemed gentler this time, touching his cheek soothingly and just placing his lips softly onto Sungjong’s, not tongue whatsoever ----- an innocent kiss. As if, Myungsoo did not just threaten him earlier and black-mailed him into doing this.

 

Beep! Beep! Beep!

 

This noise woke up the left consciousness in Lee Sungjong. He let out a loud “urgh!”, harshly slapping Myungsoo’s head and pushed him on the chest, sending the other to the foot of his bed, on the floor. “Time is up, you dumbhead!” He shouted, not minding how Myungsoo is, very much pained at that, massaging his temporal because of the hard slap --- no, it’s a punch, he begged to differ --- that Sungjong just gave him.

 

Sungjong got up from the bed and furiously slammed the top of the alarm clock, shutting it off. He adjusted his clothing, where his used-to-be bare shoulder just magnificently shown itself earlier. “Stupid, hyung. I said it’ll just be a kiss and he goes around baring my shoulders” Sungjong incoherently mumbled to himself while adjusting his clothes, making it look like nothing just happened a few seconds earlier.

 

“Yah. Don’t tell me my forehead’s swelling. Ugh!” He heard Myungsoo painstakingly protest from the corner of his bed, sitting himself rightfully at the floor.

 

“I just don’t understand how I let it go so out of hand...... Is it because I know him too well?..... What is it in him that I’m afraid of-------“ Sungjong didn’t notice himself staring at Myungsoo, looping numerous thoughts around his mind. He just can’t understand this guy, really.

 

Myungsoo, however, was too busy finding out if his forehead is bloating or not that he didn’t notice the lengthy stare that Sungjong gave him.

 

“...... You” Sungjong said compelling Myungsoo into looking at him with unreadable eyes that Sungjong further can’t seem to understand. “Are you gay?” He sounded sarcastic though trying to be serious.

 

Myungsoo squinted his eyes and turned his gaze away from Sungjong’s awaiting eyes. He removed his hands away from his forehead and crossed it around his chest, leaning back towards the bed while still sitting on the cold floor. “No, I’ve only slept with girls” He said nonchalantly, acting cool.

 

Sungjong flinched upon hearing the word girls. He found himself unconsciously pouting. He grabbed his pillow and hugged it around his chest. “Then..... then... why exactly do want to 'play' with me?” he asked fiddling his fingers, not wanting to look at Myungsoo. He can’t comprehend what this guy was even thinking anymore. First, he said he wanted to “play” and Sungjong agreed --- just for the living hell of his VP position, of course ---- and now he goes around saying he only slept with girls? Just what the hell?

 

He felt his heart cringe a little. “Just.... Just go to those girls if------“

 

“Sungjong-ah” Myungsoo interrupted him off immediately. He glared at Sungjong. “You are not very smart, aren’t you?” his voice filled with mockery.

 

Sungjong jolted at Myungsoo’s words. What the? He lifted his head and looked at Myungsoo, who is now lifting himself up standing and walking towards the door of his balcony. “Well, i’ll get going” Myungsoo heaved a sigh and opened the door sending the freezing air to wrap onto his skin.

 

“Eh? Wait----“ Sungjong was about to push himself off his bed and prevent Myungsoo from getting out but he was too late already.

 

“Goodnight” Myungsoo glanced back for a second and abruptly shut the door, leaving Sungjong’s room in an engulfing silence.

 

“What the hell” Sungjong grunted, biting his bottom lip from irritation. He crawled back into his bed and closed his eyes, wanting to get a small nap -- rather, clearing his mind --- before he went down to get dinner.

            

The cafeteria today was clamoured, as usual, with girls gingerly gossiping about their gorgeous crushes and boys proudly showing off their hot girlfriends, accordingly. It was extra noisy, to be hell. Although, this chaos didn’t seem to be noticed by Sungjong as he stares off into nowhere while drinking a hot cup of coffee.

 

“Erm.... Are you listening, Sungjong?” Woohyun hesitantly asked Sungjong while trying to find his stare.

 

Sungjong diverted his eyes back into Woohyun. “Damn. I’m still thinking of that stupid kim” He hashly placed his cup back into the table, making a loud thud and getting the attention of few students who turned their head finding the source of the sudden noise.

 

“Ah.... Sorry hyung, what did you say----“ Sungjong suddenly regretted taking his self back into consciousness when he heard a screeching sound of the chair being pulled back just almost behind him accompanied with a voice he mostly didn’t want to hear the whole day. He’s very much sure it’s just behind him.

 

“Hey, I found seats here!” Myungsoo half shouted to his friends who were carrying a tray full of rice and whatever ‘ewwww’ food that the cafeteria was offering for the day.

“Lucky we got seats after coming this late!” Sunggyu and dongwoo both exclaimed clattering their tray into the table.

 

Myungsoo sat down on the chair with his own tray and rested his chin on his palm eyeing particularly someone drinking americano. “Very lucky indeed” He said boring holes to someone with his eyes.

 

Sungjong clenched his teeth and felt his body going stiff as he felt those eyes on him. “Ignore, sungjong. Ignore” He told himself over and over again but the conversion of those three just seem to amplify on his ears.

 

“Back to the topic about actresses... why is it that that snobbish newbie so popular?” Sunggyu tried to speak comprehensibly while glooping on his ‘tasty’ food. Dongwoo was on his side gladly glooping down on his food already the moment he sat down.

 

Myungsoo smirked at this, not taking his stare away from Sungjong’s back. “Hyung, you won’t understand the ‘high and mighty’ feel that poses as a challenge”

 

“Aish. I’m older than you, stupid” Sunggyu mumbled and got back to his precious lunch, ignoring Myungsoo.

 

Dongwoo paused from his food heaven and stared at Myungsoo in confusion. "Are you on drugs? why are you suddenly spouting poetric nonsense?"

 

Sungjong’s ears perked at the sound of Myungsoo’s tone. It was as if it’s mocking him into thinking something like it was him that Myungsoo was talking about just now. He shook his head a little.

 

“Anyway, I was saying earlier” Woohyun heaved a start again catching Sungjong’s attention. “this was found in the boy’s bathroom” Woohyun slid a handkerchief across the table in one swoof. A one stick of past-lighted and used cigarette set on the small piece of clothing.

 

Sungjong was suddenly alarmed by the information presented to him, releasing his ‘Vice President aura’ as he eyed the stick.

 

“It was near the classroom of the 1-C so maybe.....” Sungjong felt like he wouldn’t like the sound of the next words that’ll come out of Woohyun’s mouth. “maybe we should question Myungsoo? I heard that he’s smoking” at that said, Sungjong knew what he guessed was right.

 

“If you say so..... i guess I can quit”

 

Sungjong’s mind immediately flashbacked to the words of Myungsoo the other night in their balcony. Yes, Myungsoo is one hell of a very stubborn child but he knows that Myungsoo always keeps upright to his words --- pride, myungsoo argued one time when sungjong thought that myungsoo wouldn’t do the homework he once promised sungjong.

 

“Hey hyung, you know we can’t accuse anyone based on rumors” Sungjong said trying not to get the other offended.

 

“Oh.... yeah, right” Sungjong heard a faint whisper from Woohyun.

 

“Yah Myungsoo, you really are weird” Sunggyu cried out as he finished wiping his mouth with the tissue, already finished with his lunch. “I prefer a fool like Dongwoo with an under-developed brain. I can make fun of him for my amusement” Sunggyu joked making Dongwoo retort back with a loud “Yah!”

 

“Settle down, Dongwoo hyung. I’ll give you my meat if you like” this made Dongwoo’s face lit up in a flash. “Really?” he happily exclaimed and took the meat away from Myungsoo’s plate.

 

Sungjong gritted his teeth upon hearing the conversation. “T-that stupid myung.... I’m defending you yet you have to make a fool out of yourself. Next year, I’m gonna recommend assigning you all to an all-boys class!” He thought as he painstakingly drank his coffee.

 

“I..... Ah. Sungjong-ah, I’ll do anything to help you. I’ll help you eradicate those delinquents” Woohyun said as his hand worked its way across the small table, clasping Sungjong’s hand to his. This made Sungjong look up to Woohyun with confused eyes. “I’ll do anything for you” Woohyun confessed as he flashed his sweetest smile.

 

“W-what? Huh?” Sungjong asked confused as he looked back and forth between Woohyun and his hand that was holding him still.

 

Myungsoo frowned at the action. “What the hell is he doing?” He thought as he dangerously eyed Woohyun’s hand, ready to toss it away from Sungjong’s. He lifted his gaze and sent a treacherous glare to Woohyun which fortunately caught Woohyun’s attention into staring back at him. He gave the man another glare wanting him to scram away or else.....

 

“Well, I’d better take my leave already” Woohyun slowly retreated his hand back and stood up from his seat before sending a last glance to Myungsoo. This didn’t go unnoticed to Sungjong, of course. When Woohyun was nowhere of sight, he turned his eyes to back and saw Myungsoo flashing his smile at him.

 

Bathump. Bathump. Bathump.

 

He sighed and walked to Myungsoo’s table while crossing his arms. “We need to talk” He said firmly and walked away expecting Myungsoo to follow him.

 

Sunggyu and Dongwoo peered at the retreating back of the two and looked at each other with big question marks on their head.

 

“What was that?” they muttered quietly.

 

 


Wewww! third chapter is upppp!!! :DDD BTW, I'll update every weekends most probably since you know, school and everything during the weekdays. Please comment everyone! Don't be a silent reader! XDD