.15

I don't dislike you

 

 

 

Even if you say it’s nothing special
특별할 것도 없는 거라고
Even if I try to be indifferent, it hurts
말해도 무덤덤한척 해도 아파
 
 
 
 

 

“Ding dong”

 

The school bell rang signaling for the end of classes rang through the school. The students giddily gathered their things whole making small talks with their own group on where to go next – karaoke, food trip, clubbing. They cluttered towards the school exit- laughing and gossiping to whatever. The gate was filled with noise as the students prepare to waste some time-off before going home. However, three students remained perched in the gate, no plans of going home any time soon.

 

“We haven’t seen anyone suspicious….” Sungyeol nervously blabbed after patrolling the other exits. The plan of staking outside the school grounds to catch this so-called “ert” that someone reported finally commenced today, Sungjong was obviously the one in charge.

 

“Indeed” Sungjong gloomily replied as his eyes seemed to shoot lasers into nowhere. His whole aura emitted of anger, and just pretty much gloomy that no one dares to upset him. Sungyeol and Woohyun who was on stake-out with him knows that much.

 

Sungjong felt like crap (crap? What an understatement). He woke up only to remember what happened last night that he can’t even swallow his breakfast. He was just so out of it that he was unable to answer a question that his teacher spontaneously asked in the middle of the lecture – that pissed him even more. It was very unlikely of him to space out during class so when another professor asked him to read a paragraph in during their history class, he was more than happy to comply. Not until a word sounding very similar to myungsoo’s name appeared in the middle of the text causing him to grit his teeth unknowingly. He purposely changed the pronunciation which ended up with him being scolded and told to read it again. So in short, his whole day was a nightmare.

 

Sungyeol laughed awkwardly at sungjong’s reply, though nothing’s even funny. “Maybe he saw us and decided not to come” Sungyeol proposed as he rubbed the back of his neck, sign of nervousness that is.

 

“perhaps” Sungjong replied shortly again.

 

“Maybe we should be more discreet tomorrow”

 

“Yeah”

 

Sungyeol looked at Woohyun, knowing they are thinking of the same thing. “Yah, what’s wrong with sungjong today?” Sungyeol whispered as he slid next to him.

 

“Don’t know” Woohyun answered as he worriedly stared at the vice president. “He had been like that all day”.

 

“What happened to him?”

 

Woohyun shrugged, not really knowing the answer.  “Why do I feel like it’s because of that person…….?” Woohyun whispered to himself.

 

“That person? Who?” Sungyeol curiously asked.

 

Woohyun’s face turned sour the moment he saw someone approaching. “speaking of the devil….” He told himself, glaring as Myungsoo walked closer.

 

“What are you doing?” Myungsoo asked, looking like he just had the best day of his life. “School was long over, you should go home –“ Myungsoo cut himself though when he saw Sungjong obviously turning his head away when he saw Myungsoo by the gate. Did he just ignore him? Myungsoo can’t help but frown in wonder.

 

He sneakily inched closer to the VP, taking advantage that Sungjong is looking the other way, and put his arm around him taking Sungjong by surprise. “I wanna help!” Myungsoo said as he glomped on Sungjong from the back.

 

“What the heck?!” Sungojng shouted as he tried pushing the delinquent away.

 

“I can offer extra protection, can’t I? hm? Right?” Myungsoo pleaded as he tried to retort back from the pushing.

 

“The hell is he up to now…?!” Sungjong thought.

 

“If you join—“ Sungjong countered but Myungsoo cut him to it.

 

“then we can kick some serious ! Like we used to beat the out of those…..!” Myungsoo shouted before Sungjong covered his mouth with his palm, shutting Myungsoo up. Sungjong looked over to Woohyun and Sungyeol who obviously looked clueless with question marks in their faces.

 

“You!” Sungjong gritted. “Get over here!” Sungjong dragged Myungsoo towards a small alley a few meters away from the gate.

 

“What are you trying to pull?!” Sungjong exclaimed as he pushed Myungsoo to the wall.

 

“Since you volunteered for this, I want to help scout out the area in the next coupls of days with you” Myungsoo nonchalantly said as he fixed his collar. “So…..” he continued after straightening his uniform. “Please let me help? Huh? Huh?” Myungsoo smiled as he brought his palms together, pleading for Sungjong’s approval.

 

Sungjogn felt less pissed. He didn’t know why but it felt like the anger that had built up inside him from last night until this afternoon had disappeared with the air. “Why? Why do you want to help? You said to leave it to the cops, didn’t you? Why the sudden change of attitude?” Sungjong frowned as he attacked Myungsoo with questions.

 

Myungsoo can’t help but raise an eyebrow from amusement. “You seriously can’t be this slow. Must I spell everything out to you?”

 

Sungjong scrunched his nose in annoyance. Did myungsoo just call him stupid? And here he thought his anger was beginning to subside. He was about to retaliate when Myungsoo cut him off for the second time. God he just hates it everytime Myungsoo does that. He tried to continue what he was saying.

 

“It’s because I worry about you, okay?” Myungsoo folded his arms in his chest while staring intently at Sungjong. “Always” He continued.

 

Now that is an answer that Sungjong totally didn’t expect, making him speechless.

 

They were silent for how long, Sungjong doesn’t even know. Those words just kept on repeating inside his head. “I worry about you….always. I worry about you……always.”

 

He hit his head to stop the voice before breaking the silence. “I….I’m sorry” He found himself saying. Okay, that was totally not what he thought of saying but the bat is already out of the cave, might just as well continue. “I just…. I didn’t” Okay, he didn’t even know what to say next.

 

Myungsoo casted him a fond glance.

 

Another few seconds passed by with them not saying a word and only Myungsoo staring at Sungjong while the other tried so hard not to stare back. He didn’t want to see those eyes or else he’ll probably do something or say something he didn’t want to.

 

“So… now what?” Sungjong asked.

 

“Now………..” Myungsoo dragged the ‘ow’ as he titlted Sungjong’s chin up to meet his eyes. “Now I want to push you down under me-…! Like last time” He finished.

 

He smiled then took Sungjong by surprise when he ducked down to give a peck on Sungjong’s lips.

 

Sungjong glared at him, but totally not disliking the affection. He slowly shoved Myungsoo away as he wiped his lips.

 

“We’re outside so we probably shouldn’t go too far” Myungsoo whispered.

 

“Why are you doing this to me?” Sungjong can’t help but ask. “Do you like doing it with me that much?” Sungjong didn’t know what to expect of an answer, would he like Myungsoo to agree? Or would he rather Myungsoo say something else that will probably wake him up from this dream and finally realize that Myungsoo was just playing him?

 

“Do you have any idea how illegal your expression is right now?”

 

‘is this guy joking with me or what?!’ Sungjong thought to himself. What else should he have expected even. “You’re such a ert” Sungjong told Myungsoo with a scowl, making the delinquent giggle in frond.

 

“What ever you say mister vice president” Myungsoo said as he pulled Sungjong closer by the waist, attaching his mouth to him in a kiss.

Woohyun was gritting his teeth in annoyance. How much longer do Sungjong and this Myungsoo have to talk before they go back to the gate? They had been in there for god knows how long and they’re still not showing up, not to mention Woohyun doesn’t even know what’s going on, or what they’re talking about, Woohyun doesn’t have any idea of anything and he hates it. His fingers twisted to a fist. He was about to go over the alley and ask them to go back when he saw a guy, not wearing school uniform, approaching them, obviously standing out from the other students.   

Myungsoo pushed Sungjong closer to the wall, twisting his head to side. Sungjong wasn’t even pushing him away, rather kissing him back with much enthusiasm as Myungsoo.

 

It lasted for half minute before Myungsoo retreated back and leaked his lips, making sure Sungjong saw the gesture. “I can’t help it jongie. When you look like this, you just simply push me to the edge” Myungsoo explained before Sungjong can even utter a sound.

 

“What?” Sungjong frowned.

 

Myungsoo snickered. “Oh I see” He said as he nodded his head, still trapping Sungjong to the wall. “You’re not even aware of it. How cute!”

 

He was about to say how everything that Myungsoo says seem to be so suggestive when they heard Sungyeol shouting from a distance, “Ah! Here they are!”, with Woohyun standing beside him.

 

When they saw them, Sungjong didn’t know how faster Myungsoo suddenly backed away from trapping him in the wall to standing a feet away from him. It seemed such a simple gesture but it took Sungjong totally by surprise. It meant nothing but it also meant everything.

 

“Myungsoo……..” he whispered as he looked at the delinquent whose head was hung low.

 

“Mr. VP!” Sungyeol shouted again as he tried to get the attention of Sungjong. “There was this guy at the gate! But it was not the stalker, at least he didn’t fit the description…..”

 

Sungjong gave a final glance to Myungsoo who was still standing as far away from him as possible, rubbing his hair. “ah….o-okay! I’ll be right there…”.

 

Sungyeol and Woohyun jogged closer. “No…. wait…. Are you expecting someone at the gate?” Sungyeol asked.

 

“No” Sungjong answered. “Why?”

 

Woohyun and Sungyeol looked at each other in wonder.

 

“Er…. That guy asked if the vice president was still around….he looked kinda shady, so we told him you already left”

 

“Huh?” Sungjong asked in total puzzlement. ‘He was after me?’ Sungjong thought.

 

Sungjong can’t ponder more when Myungsoo passed by him immediately and head locked Sungyeol, dragging him towards the gate. “Where that bastard! Show me!” Myungsoo instructed as Sungyeol shouted to let go of him.

 

“ He’s probably long gone by now…..” Woohyun muttered as he stood beside Sungjong, watching Myungsoo and Sungyeol’s debacle.

 

“so……” Woohyun started, taking sungjong’s attention. Woohyun crossed his arms and looked pointedly at Sungjong. “Kim Myungsoo is really joining us for the man hunt?”

 

“ummm…” Sungjong’s mind was in chaos. Even when someone mentions Myungsoo’s name, Sungjong’s heart can’t help but skip a beat. ‘I worry about you……’.

 

“uhhh, he could be tenacious sometimes you know” Sungjong replied.

 

Woohyun nodded his head. “Tenacious, huh?” He looked at him with eyes that Sungjong doesn’t seem to understand. Woohyun’s eyes looked angry. “Is that right…….”

 

“Let’s go back to the gate” Sungjong suggested and was about to walk away when Woohyun spoke again, not even moving an inch.

 

“So……” Woohyun resumed. “Is that why you let him have his way with you earlier?”

 

Sungjong looked back in complete horror. This can’t be.

 

Woohyun glared at him.

 

“Am I right? Mr. Vice President?” Woohyun’s voice was pure sarcasm.

 

.

 


took me a long time to update. sorry guys. I was making the most out of my vacation, sorry. Never had a vacation this long so I just slept, ate and relax the whole time. I've wrote this chapter for a while already but only got to update it now. Enjoy.