.06

I don't dislike you

 

 

내 곁에 너를 상상해 혼자만의 영활 찍어
I imagine you next to me and film a movie of my own
 
 
 

It was another night and Sungjong found himself tossing around his bed while his blankets surround him in an envelope of warmth. Well, basically he had slept. He’s not sure how long but he just found himself waking up again. He didn’t even know what time it was already. It will be a lie if he’ll ever say that Myungsoo’s not playing in his mind right at the moment. Since the day the guy didn’t show up anything near Lee Sungjong, he had been more than worried for him. They’re still friends anyway, he justified.

 

“Do I….. really know him?” Sungjong started to question himself about the amount of information that he knows about Myungsoo. If he really knows the guy very well, then he can have at least an idea on where he can possibly be. But then, he can’t think of anything.

 

Sungjng lazily got up from his pillow and sat up, wrapping the blanket more to his torso. He glanced at his clock on the bedside table and sighed. 12:24.

 

“I woke up in the middle of the night….?”

 

Sungjong diverted his eyes to the window and saw Myungsoo’s balcony door still close, no light whatsoever that can probably tell him that Myungsoo’s in his room. He had grown accustomed to opening his balcony curtains even when’s sleeping, having a slight faith that he’ll get to notice a faint lit up room right in front of his.

 

His eyes softened in an impossible glint, as if his eyes weren’t soft enough to be considered beautiful. “I don’t have peace in my mind anymore” He concluded. Well, he’s much surer now that he already even woke up in the middle of the night just because of a certain Kim Myungsoo who doesn’t even bother giving him a call to at least tell him where he is. But then, why would he even call.

 

“Is he….. alright?” Sungjong found himself asking, letting his eyes linger more to the closed curtain in front of his room.

 

 

 

 

 

Rumblings of people can be heard walking around the pretty much secluded street in the middle of Gangnam. However, the inside of the club was a complete opposite, silence surrounded the place. It was a night-out place and right at the moment it’s still in the middle of the afternoon. The only sound that can be heard are the moving of quite few chairs and clinging of glasses by the employees trying to get the place ready from the amount of people that’ll come to waste their time for fun and, mostly, flirting. 

 

“Hey, Myungsoo” Jung wook called. “It’s fine that you’re staying in the VIP room but don’t you need to go to school?”

 

Kwak Jung wook, a friend of from junior high, walked to the couch and found myungsoo lying with a book covering his face, a girl sitting on the corner of the sofa. Jung wook snickered, as if myungsoo would even lay a finger on a freaking book, much more read it.

 

“It’s been a week----“ Jung wook was about to get a sense out of myungsoo, and at least try to get him home because probably myungsoo’s parents are already worried about him but then myungsoo’s parents doesn’t really worry about him much, when a thought came to his brain. “Oh, finally got fed up with that prestigious high school? Told ya to come to our school. No one gives a damn!” He continued trying to convince myungsoo. Truthfully, he had missed their hangouts every time after school when they were still juniors.

 

Myungsoo removed the book from his face, and stared back at him. “…it’s not what you think…” he tried to reason. He was cut off though when the girl suddenly hovered above him, making the sofa creak in an uncomfortable sound. The girl got hold of the book and harshly tossed it to the side, causing the book to helplessly lie upside down on the floor.

 

“Shall I comfort you then?” the girl said in an obviously flirty voice.

 

Myungsoo smirked. He had been used to lots of girls flirting with him already. Even though he was a well-known troublemaker since junior high, girls seem to not care and always would want to get a piece of him.

 

“Ooowwwww. Hye Jin’s so aggressive-----” Myungsoo flirted back, letting the girl bring his hand up and kissing the tip of it.

 

Myungsoo’s eyes strut up upon the feel of Hye Jin’s lips on his hand, coming to a realization.

 

“---- only if…. Your lips were more resilient….” (like Sungjong’s)

 

Hye Jin frowned hearing Myungsoo’s inconvenient mumble. “Huh? What” She asked not understanding a thing.

 

Myungsoo only stared at her for a few more seconds with a stone face before continuing his words.

 

“And skin more fair…” (like Sungjong’s)

 

“waist more slender…” (like Sungjong’s)

 

“and smell better…” (like Sungjong’s)

 

The girl got fed up by his nonsense rumblings, pissing her off. She crossed her arms and looked up at myungsoo with a very annoyed look, judging all of him. “Hey--! I was taking pity on you!” She yelled, trying to save her pride from being shattered into pieces.

 

Myungsoo didn’t say anything and just pushed the girl off of him, making her stumble off the couch.

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

The ringing of his phone was heard next.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sungjong, you seem listless” hoya started. Sungjong stopped from his tracks and looked back at Hoya who was walking behind him.

 

“What?”

 

Hoya looked at him with a worried gaze. “Normally, when we’re on our way to the student body office, you’re in full spirit….”

 

Sungjong admits that he had not been feeling well lately, much more in the mood to be his usual lively self around the student body office. Who would when you can only get a few hours of sleep, adding up to worrying for a worthless guy? All because of Kim Myungsoo. He had been listening to the rambling of the student body President when he heard a noise on the room in the corner. Room 4-I. Myungsoo’s classroom. He just found himself walking.

 

“Oi! Sungjong” Hoya was still about to say something when he found Sungjong walking away from him.

 

Sungjong walked straight ahead and heard a slight voice inside the classroom, possibly near the door. He leaned in and somehow recognized the voice.

 

“What?!” he heard the voice shout.

 

Sungjong acted immediately and slid the door open. Dongwoo. So he was right.

 

Dongwoo immediately turned his head to his back and saw the door open with Sungjong standing beside it. He pulled the phone away from his ears and heaved a sigh, facing Sungjong.

 

“Where’s Myungsoo?” Sungjong asked in a haze. He was sure that Dongwoo’s talking to Myungsoo on the phone.

 

“I dunno! We’re looking for him too!” Dongwoo shot back with a worried gaze. Sungjong softened at the sight of Dongwoo’s obvious worry.

 

Dongwoo brought his phone up and waved it slightly in front of Sungjong. “I finally got a hold on his cell phone…but he didn’t say where he was… and then we lost connection” Dongwoo explained. He phoned Myungsoo a few minutes ago, hoping to at least get a hold of him. He wasn’t able to see the guy for almost a week now. Myungsoo didn’t even call him or at least tell him anything. He, who’s always with Myungsoo, doesn’t even know what the hell happened to him and what nonsense that came to his mind to suddenly skip school for a whole week. A week and a few more hours, now.

 

Sungjong’s eyes widened and a bolt of electricity suddenly ran up to his whole body upon hearing that someone finally got a hold of Myungsoo.

 

“But you talked to him….. you got a hold of him?!” Sungjong even forgot to call Dongwoo ‘hyung’ for a second, just wanting to know more about their conversation. He felt kind of jealous, though. Whenever he called Myungsoo, no one would answer and will just keep ringing till he’ll finally give up.

 

Dongwoo gasped and was shocked at the sudden outburst of the Vice President. “huh? Y-Yeah..”

 

Sungjong felt relaxed. His jittery face turned into a calm one, appeased. His shoulders slumped down and he sighed in relief. At last…….

 

“Call him back, please” He muttered.

 

“What?”

 

Sungjong carelessly gripped both of Dongwoo’s shoulders, startling the latter. “Call him now…. Ask him where he is!” What the hell was happening to him? He didn’t know either. All he can think of now is to know where Myungsoo was.

 

“But… why” Dongwoo seemed hesitant to do what Sungjong wanted. His eyes shot up to Sungjong’s face, gasping. “Are you gonna scold him for ditching---?!” Dongwoo accused.

 

“W-What?”

 

“I’ll never betray him for a student body officer!” Dongwoo shouted and held his chin up. Myungsoo and him are in this together. Who knows what the student body officers would do once they get a hold of his friend.

 

“Sungjong….” Sungjong heard Hoya call him from a distance.

 

Sungjong left it ignored. Hell, whatever happens he would get a hold of that delinquent.

 

“I SAID! CALL HIM NOW AND ASK HIM WHERE HE IS!” He shouted this time, shocking Dongwoo.

 

One of the classmates, hearing the commotion at the door, stood up and went to check out what was happening. He stared at dongwoo’s cellphone and poked Dongwoo’s shoulder but the guy seemed to be too shocked with the VP’s sudden outburst. “Hey Dongwoo” He started. “Your cellphone……it’s still on, isn’t it?”

 

Dongwoo turned to him with a frown.

 

His classmate pointed at Dongwoo’s cellphone. “the light is still blinking….” He said and shrugged.

 

“I….I forgot to hang up~” Dongwoo idiotly concluded with his usual carefree voice.

 

Sungjong’s face bleached. “W-What?!” He thought. “So….so he... he heard…me” His face blushed when realization hit him like a hard stone. This was embarrassing.

 

Dongwoo brought the cellphone up to his ear again. “Hey dude! Myungsoo? That was the four-eyed VP in the student body… you heard him?”

 

Blip. Blip. Blip.

 

Dongwoo never got a reply then.

 

“He hang up”

 

Sungjong felt himself shaking. He wasn’t sure if it was because of embarrassment or cos he din’t get to know Myungsoo’s whereabouts. He doesn’t even know anymore. He felt angry. Sungjong’s fingers crumpled in a tight fist.

 

“Sungjong” Hoya called again, wanting to check-out if he’s alright.

 

“Hey…” Dongwoo tried to call Sungjong too but the other was just too angry, he guesses, to even answer. He looked back and forth from Hoya to Sungjong, shrugging. “Student body officers really are weird” He thought and went inside the classroom together with his classmate.

 

Sungjong felt weak. He was angry but he felt chaotic at the same time – a mix of anger and fear maybe. “Why….” He mumbled quietly. He started to walk again, slowly making his way to the student body office with heavy steps. “Why does that bastard always manage to piss me off?!” He emphasized on the last 3 letters, wanting his anger to wash away together with his words. But then…. It was still there. He ruffled his hair in annoyance and gritted his teeth. 

 

 

 

 

--------

Sorry for the late update again TT btw guys, i made a myungjong fanfic recommendation...... THIS .... just in case you guys are interested :))) THANK YOU. BTW, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS... YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH THOSE MEAN TO ME.... <333