.14

I don't dislike you

 

 

 

I can't hold it in
참을 수가 없는데
I want to hold you
너를 안고 싶은데
 
 
 
 

 

“VP, here’s the list of the tardy students for last week” Woohyun reported as he passed the folder to Sungjong.

 

Sungjong didn’t even need to look at the list to know who those lousy students are. His theory was proved right when he flipped the report and saw the same list of students like any other week. “pretty much the same people” Sungjong croaked. “Those delinquents! They’re never late when it’s time to go home”.

 

“exactly” Woohyun laughed in agreement. He was about to exit the Council Office when an earlier complaint comes to his memory. “By the way- speaking of ‘time to go home’, some of the girls mentioned yesterday that there was a man waiting by the gate”.

 

That caught Sungjong’s attention.

 

“Waiting? For a girl?” Sungjong asked, making sure.

 

“Maybe” Woohyun shrugged. “we dunno”.

 

“However, if he keeps doing that, he might scare other students” Hoya intervened.

 

“Does he come everyday?”

 

“Yesterday was the first time someone noticed him”

 

“hmmm” putting Sungjong’s fingers in his chin, deep in thought. He can’t just let this one go. If this guy was just waiting for his girlfriend or something, then there’s no need to worry about anything. But if he turned out to be stalker of some sort, then this just can’t be looked over. They had to make sure before marking this matter as settled. “Very well- I’ll go on stake out!“ Sungjong decided.

 

“You?! On stake out?!” Woohyun shouted, not really sure about this so called ‘stake-out’. “What if he’s dangerous…?”

 

“Eh?” Sungjong puffed. “I don’t think so”.

 

Woohyun looked worried now though. Sungjong seemed to have made his mind up about this stake-out in hopes to spot ‘the stalker or guy or whatever’. “Shouldn’t we gather other members to go with you?” he asked.

 

“Nah” refused Sungjong. “I don’t want to drag other people into this. I can handle it, don’t worry” he exclaimed. He looked back and reassured Woohyun that he can do this and that he shouldn’t worry over him. Nothing’s going to happen. And if something does, Sungjong can definitely beat that other guy. He wasn’t a once-delinquent for nothing.

 

Sungjong made a move to open the door and go outside when he saw Myungsoo towering in front of him. “Wait” Myungsoo instructed.

 

“What? What are you doing here?” Sungjong asked, annoyed to say the least.

 

“Well, nothing really” Myungsoo stated, rubbing the back of his neck. “I just overheard just now- What stake out? Don’t you think you should leave it to the cops?” he suggested but Sungjong seems to not having it.

 

“Don’t you think I can handle it?” Sungjong exclaimed, crossing his arms. “What are even doing here? Shouldn’t you be going home already? Go home!” he added, passing through Myungsoo and heading towards the left hallway.

 

Myungsoo closed the door and flumped his back on the wall. “He still treats me like I’m always joking” He uttered, watching the retreating back of Sungjong walking away from him.

Sungjong rummaged through his room, opening each drawer in his study table in hopes of finding his book. “Not here” His voice rugged in annoyance. “Not here either” irritatingly slamming the drawer back. He went to his backpack, shaking it midair, making the contains, books, files, everything, rustle out to is bed. Not there either.

 

“Dammit! It must be in that bastard’s room!” He remembered going there, book in hand and planning to interrogate Myungsoo about the incomprehensible drawing on a page. He probably forgot to bring it back with him. He was just too destructed from the number of girls that was inside the room that night. Well, no one can really blame him.

 

He stood in front of Myungsoo’s window. ‘Not that I have any desire to enter but what choice do I have’ he thought. Yep, he came here for the book. Yep, that’s it.

 

He opened the window and entered the obviously messy room. He doesn’t even need to look, he can already envision it in his imagination.

 

“Kim Myungsoo! Where is my world history book-“ he shouted but was cut when he saw the amount o people inside the room, yet again. But this time, everyone was already asleep- everywhere. Well, he’s not complaining, save him from the embarrassment he got the other night. “I left it here” he quietly whispered this time.

 

“What a mess” Sungjong made a face, as his nose was struck by the strong smell of booze, pizza, crackers and whatever the hell was there in the floor. “Gross”

 

“What the-“ he can’t help but shout this time though when his line of vision came to the bed.

 

Lee Sungjong is a calm person, most of the time, okay maybe more that most of the time. He may heave a sigh here and grunt out in frustration there but, mostly, he tries to remain calm. Even in the most frustrating situations, like that one time when they had a festival to organize but nothing was going the way Sungjong wants it or that other time when a group of student caused trouble for the student council when they practically made time to disorganize the dates of the files in their data cabinet (that they had to redo it again for hours) as a prank, Sungjong would just think that there’s no use in getting pissed off- like wanting to flip everything out pissed off- in a situation like that.

 

But now? No- definitely, not now. Actually, he would rather gladly make a trash out of anyone’s room or just really throw a lamp or flip a bed here and there for the sake of throwing it and just, really, just something to vent out this overflowing frustration- wait, okay it was more than frustration, anger to be exact. Yup, he was angry.

 

Well, no one can blame him, not to mention seeing the boy you’ve been making out with almost every single day for like, what months? Sungjong doesn’t even know anymore, and someone you’ve actually slept with, for the very first time at that if he can emphasize more, sleeping on the bed with (not just one mind you) but two girls on both sides, bodies centimeters apart from each other is not entirely a scene that Sungjong would like to see any moment of this day, not even any moment of any future day.

 

Inhale, exhale, that is usually what people do to calm themselves but Sungjong version of inhales and exhales at the moment are not very calming to say the least. Sungjong gritted his teeth in anger.

 

“Get up, you horn dog! You good for nothing little-!” Sungjong can’t even seem to continue his shouts before a sleepy Kim Myungsoo got up from his slumber mumbling incoherent words of ‘what the hell was that’.

 

Sungjong stomped to Myungsoo’s side of the bed, the latter’s shirt in his hands. “Where the is my book that you autographed?! Where the hell is it?!! Give it back!” Someone waking up from his shouts is the least of his worries right now.

 

Myungsoo slapped Sungjong’s hand away from his fisted clasp and pointed at the back of Sungjong as he rolled back to bed to continue his sleep. “Over there….by your foot. Can’t you see? I was gonna bring it back………” Myungsoo mumbled as he slowly went back to sleep.

 

Sungjong was shocked. He stood rooted to the same place, by myungsoo’s bed, unable to move an inch. Did Myungsoo seriously just slap his hand away? Did Myungsoo seriously just ignored him? Myungsoo did not even bother to look at him.

 

Sungjong felt like laughing- mockingly laugh because, wow, he sure seemed like an idiot getting worked up about Myungsoo sleeping with girls. But, hell, Myungsoo certainly did not seem to give a . 

 

After a few minutes of being frozen to comprehend what just happened, Sungjong let out a disgruntled laugh. He did not know if he was laughing because this matter was just too funny or if he was laughing because he certainly didn’t want to cry. He really didn't want to cry right now. Not for Kim Myungsoo, not for anyone. Crying is just really not his thing from the start.

 

He picked up the book that was lying on the floor just behind him like what Myungsoo had said. He was still laughing 'till he hopped over to his balcony and, suddenly, he felt being enveloped with sadness, and anger, and helplessness.

 

Sungjong walked to his room with slumped shoulders, set the book back on his study table and laid on his bed, engulfing his whole body with his blanket. He didn’t feel like studying anymore.

 


So here's the next chap. I think the end of this fic is near, i still haven't decided thou. I was planning to write more but the other sequel is still not out, so im deciding whether to end the fic in volume 2. The manga is obviously not finished yet but hmmm i'll think about it. What do you guys think? And oh, if you can't read chapter 13, it's because i hid the chap temporarily. I'm just gonna edit it because stupid me wrote chapter 14 on it and erased the whole thing.