.05

I don't dislike you

 

 

Even in this moment when I’m looking at you
널 보고 있는 이 순간에도
if I close my eyes, I miss you
눈을 감으면 난 그리운데
 
 

 


 

“Will you accept it, Sungjong-ah?”

 

The clear and calm voice of Myungsoo resonated inside his mind trying to process if this delinquent was even trying to be serious or was just playing with him for the nth time since they met. He can grasp a hint of seriousness in his voice when he said it but Sungjong didn’t want to trust his senses anymore when it comes to this bastard. This guy can be unreadable most of the time.

 

Sungjong stared back at Myungsoo’s eyes behind his not-quite-thick glasses. His mind went blank.

 

“W-What do you mean?” Sungjong asked with eyes full of curiosity. Though he didn’t want to admit it, he still wanted to find out whether Myungsoo was being sincere or not.

 

Myungsoo didn’t even think twice before lowering his face to Sungjong neck trailing kisses down his clothed shoulders. This made Sungjong shudder in utmost shock at the bold action of Myungsoo. He raised his trembling hands to the shoulder of the attacker and tried to push him off. “S-Stupid! Stop it!” Though he tried it, he can’t seem to avoid his voice from stuttering into almost nonsense.

 

“Don’t you dare bounce on me again! Yesterday, Sunggyu hyung saw us!” He gathered up all the remaining consciousness that is in him and shouted with all his might, not trying to be too loud or else his parents would hear and probably burst into his room just to see them in that, well malicious position. No, he can’t let that happen.

 

Myungsoo stopped what he was doing earlier and just rested his chin on the smooth crook of Sungjong’s neck. “Sunggyu hyung? It’s ok. He doesn’t mind”

 

Before Sungjong can even retract, he already found Myungsoo’s black-brown eyes staring at his in an indecipherable expression. “It’s freaky! Two men inside a bathroom stall….” He tried to reason.

 

Myungsoo leaned down once again, nuzzling his nose somewhere along the ear and neck of Sungjong, almost making him purr like a cat. But he held all his feelings inside, trying to act as stoic as possible, as if it’s not even affecting him one bit.

 

“He won’t tell….” Myungsoo continued. “You might think he’s an idiot but he’s actually quite nice, you know”

 

Hearing this somehow snapped a thread inside Sungjong’s hidden feelings. He didn’t know why but he felt kinda pissed off hearing Myungsoo complimenting someone. Maybe because Myungsoo is not someone who’ll naturally say nice things about a person. The delinquent always tried to be as serious as always ever since junior high. It was because he wanted to be respected and being a goof doesn’t really correspond to respect, well according to him.

 

Sungjong looked down on the floor, letting Myungsoo snake an arm around his tiny waist, locking their bodies close. “You two seem to get along….” Sungjong trailed in an almost whisper.

 

“He’s quite amusing to be with” Myungsoo said.

 

“D-Did you meet him after starting high school?” Sungjong didn’t want to sound too nosy. He didn’t want Myungsoo to think that he’s interrogating him because he wants to know more about the whereabouts of the delinquent. Well, yes, partly he wants to know what had Myungsoo been busy about since the time they started to drift away from each other, all because of the drastic change that Sungjong wanted for himself.

 

Myungsoo sensed the hesitance in Sungjong’s sweet voice. “If you mean I don’t know him as well as I know you, it’s true” Myungsoo assured.

 

Sungjong successfully pushed Myungsoo off him upon hearing this. Myungsoo stumbled back a bit and quite shocked by Sungjong’s sudden force. “If…. If you really know me well …. Why do you keep doing things I hate…”

 

“I don’t get you” Sungjong thought inside his head for the millionth time. He sat down on the floor, feeling helpless about everything.

 

Myungsoo stared at him. Not taunting, not mocking. Just plain tolerant. “It’s because” Myungsoo felt uncertain whether to continue it or not by just a second. But then, what’d he loose, right? So he chose to continue even though he knows that Sungjong won’t react nice to what he’s gonna say next “you don’t resist me wholeheartedly” He finished.

 

Sungjong’s head snapped back up at that instance, as if the truth had just been slapped right on his face. He felt his cheek blush a hue of pink.

 

“You…. You didn’t give me an option!”

 

“You blackmailed me…. That’s why…. I couldn’t fight you” Sungjong tried to justify this in his mind. He couldn’t fight because he was blackmailed. That was it, right? Yeah, that was definitely it. There’s no other possible reason for him to not actually struggle.

 

“What?” Sungjong wanted to laugh at Myungsoo’s reply. Stop acting innocent, he wanted to counter. But then, he didn’t. He stayed quiet.

 

“Enough…” Sungjong sighed feeling his whole body wanting to collapse from his stance. He couldn’t think straight anymore. That unknown and unidentified feeling just seemed to rush to his head in one. He lowered his gaze. “Go tell the student body if you want!”

 

Sungjong walked back to the corner of his bead, and peeped at his back seeing that Myungsoo was still standing at the window, face vague of certainty as to why Sungjong was suddenly saying all of this. “…. just don’t come near me again…” He said and adjusted his uniform and outer coat back into place. “I’m leaving for school” He slung his bag into the shoulder and went for the door.

 

“You too. Don’t cut school” Sungjong said, grabbing the handle and about to open it when he heard Myungsoo’s voice.

 

“Sungjong-ah”

 

Sungjong ignored the call and slammed the door shut in Myungsoo’s face.

 

Myungsoo was left unmoving.

“I should’ve done this long ago! Now life is back to normal… Even if he threatened to expose me, I should just let him…”Sungjong felt proud of himself for standing up to that delinquent. He should have done it long ago and should have not let things continue for this long. He felt happy and relieved yet he felt kind of sad also. Was he too harsh?

 

Sungjong opened the door to the canteen and went in with Hoya trailing at his back. The canteen was noisy, as always. Clamor of students resonated inside the not-so-big school cafeteria with their non-stop gossiping. Some were eating alone in their seats while some are even dragging chairs to their tables.

 

“Oh” Hoya noticed, pointing at a table in the right corner. “Dongwoo and his gang”

 

Sungjong looked to the direction where the student body president was pointing and spotted two persons talking – Dongwoo and Sunggyu, not even noticing how the student body officers were eyeing them. Sungjong frowned when he noticed the other chair beside Sunggyu empty. He averted his eyes to the side, feeling extremely pissed off. “That stupid Myungsoo hyung! He never misses lunch unless….. He cuts school again-!! He cuts school when I already told him not to!”

“Kim Myungsoo!” Sungjong shouted, not even minding to use honorifics. The hell, that guy’s just one year older than him.

 

A sudden sound of curtains hushing shut made him grit his teeth in annoyance. “What the?”

 

“Come to think of it… This is the first time he drew up the curtains completely like that” Sungjong said it to no one. He was just worried. Well, truthfully he really wanted to scold Myungsoo for cutting school when he had already reminded him not to.

 

He unlatched his hands away from his tight hold of his balcony railings and let it slide to his side giving up. He slid his balcony door back open and went to the comfort of his bed. “Well…. Life is quiet again. So I should just act like an adult and remain calm”

Sungjong opened the door to the Student body office and went it, closing it quietly in an exasperated sigh. He didn’t sleep much last night because, though he won’t admit it, he kept on thinking why Myungsoo won’t suddenly talk to him. That guy was in his room last night for sure since he even shut the windows close right in Sungjong’s face.

 

“Ah! VP-jong” Sungyeol called him in his nickname. Sungyeol gave it to him when they first met during the start of the school year, when Sungjong first approached Sungyeol and greeted him. Sungyeol was childish, Sungjong learned. He looked up and saw Sungyeol standing beside the president, as if they were just in a serious talk until Sungjong interrupted with his sudden entrance.

 

“Sungjong” Hoya called him, sounding serious. “You know that student… Kim Myungsoo, right? He hasn’t come to school for days” Hoya said as a matter of fact. Three days had already passed since Sungjong last saw Myungsoo in the school. It had also been that long since he hadn’t talked to him.

 

“Anyway have you seen him lately?” Hoya further asked.

Sungjong looked out from the window while seating on his bed. He was reading a book while sitting on the corner of his bed, back resting on the wall.

 

“Have I seen him lately?” That was the time when Sungjong realized that he hadn’t talked to the guy for days. It had been also days since he last saw him.

 

“He hasn’t come to school for days”

 

Sungjong remembered how Hoya’s voice sounded when he said those words to him. “It’s not because he doesn’t want to come to school. It’s because he doesn’t want to see me” Sungjong apprehended.

 

“First thing in the morning and last thing before I go to bed, there wasn’t a day that Myungsoo hyung didn’t greet me across from the balcony” sungjong still remembers how irritated he always felt whenever Myungsoo would suddenly call his name from the balcony, first thing in the morning. Sometimes that guy even hops to his balcony without even getting permission. Well, it’s not like Myungsoo even asks for permission. He felt irritated, that’s a fact… but then, he fathomed how lonely he felt now that Myungsoo’s nowhere to be found. Now that the delinquent’s not bothering the hell out of him anymore.

 

“I’m reading yet nothing registered----“ Sungjong wanted to bang his head on the wall, why was he even thinking of that guy. He pushed the book out of his hand and placed it in the bedside table. He massaged his forehead slightly and fixed the glasses on the bridge of his nose.

 

“Weird…….” Sungjong thought. “I never realized I actually enjoyed talking to him”

 

 


yeeeeeeepieee! I UPDATED! LOL. I KNOW I SAID THAT I'LL UPDATE NEXT WEEK, BUT GUESS I FELT GUILTY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR QUITE A WHILE SO HERE IT IS! LOL. IF YOU'VE NOTICED IN MY ONESHOT, I USED THE SAME PICTURE AS HEADING. IT'S COS MY NINTERNET'S AS SLOW AS A TURTLE SO I CAN'T FIND ANY PIC TO USE. TT SORRY FOR UPDATING LATE AGAIN. AND IF YOU STILL HAVEN'T, HOPE YOU GUYS CAN ALSO READ THE ONE-SHOT. (I'M NOT FORCING YOU----- YES, I AM. LOL JUST JOKING. XDDD) 

BTW GUYS, THERE'S TOO MUCH MYUNGJONG GOING ON STARTING FROM THEIR COMEBACK AND OMG I JUST CANNOT ANYMORE. I HAVE A SLOW INTERNET AND I'M DYING FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO WATCH THEIR VIDS AND FANCAMS. OTL. BUT JUST..... OMG MYUNGSOO IS REALLY OBSESSED WITH SUNGJONG. LOL. HE'S CLOSE TO MURDERING THAT HAT FOR BLOCKING SUNGJONG'S HAIR. XDDD AND I CHANGED THE FONT (COS I LIKE IT THAT WAY). LOL. XDDD THANKS VERY MUCH FOR READING <3333 

 

AND AND AND AND.... I'M PLANNING TO GO TO THAILAND FOR INFINITE'S CONCERT (YEY!) WHO'S ALSO PLANNING TO GO OUT THERE? WHO? WHO? XDD WEEE! IT'S MY FIRST TIME TO ATTEND INFINITE'S SOLO CONCERT SO I'M REALLY EXCITED THOUGH THE DATE'S STILL NOT ANNOUNCED. LOL. I'M SORRY I'M JUST LIKE THIS. REALLY. XDD BTW, I LIVE ABROAD SO GOING TO THAILAND WOULD BE REALLY HARD SINCE I DUN LIVE THERE... BUT WHATEVA! FOR INFINITE! LOL