.01

I don't dislike you

 

 

Without anyone knowing, I love you
아무도 몰래 사랑해
Without anyone knowing, I think of you
아무도 몰래 생각해
 
 

 


 

Lee Sungjong is the perfect epitome of being sound and composed, being the vice president of the student council needs to be at least that. He’s adored by fellow students and also teachers not only because of his distinct yet beautiful face but also because of how he maintains his position as the respected member of the student body. He keeps his grades at their best and, at the same time, manages to lead the affairs of the school. He’s very much contented with his life already ---- being the highly regarded VP, having lots of friends, being the first son of a CEO, and excelling in his studies. He is in the middle of being judged as a serious person and a bubbly one. He knows when to smile and knows when not to do it. He’s almost perfect in the eyes of others. Some even argued why he didn’t candidate as the president. For sungjong, being the president had never been his thing from the start, anyway. He opted to be the one assisting and being the right-hand. It was enough for him because he didn’t really like the thought of having that much power being vested upon as the president of the student council. He is afraid of failing, much you can say. He just can’t make the same mistake anymore. He just can’t.

 

The student body office had been known the ‘devil’s lair’. Well, that is for delinquents, precisely. The student council is so powerful that once you are on their blacklist, you will be doomed!

 

“Thanks for the good work today! We’ll take our leave, vice president” Sungyeol and Woohyun shouted while bowing at the person sitting on the table at the corner of the room before exiting the door of the student body office. They are the treasurer and secretary of the student council.

 

“Yeah, good work guys!” Sungjong shouted back while arranging the papers scattered in the table and putting them inside the brown envelope. They had just finished their meeting.

 

Sungjong smiled a little to the now empty room and adjusted his eyeglasses a bit. He then looked up at the sky outside of the window. “Phew! Another day gone by......for playing the perfect Vice President” He sighed. He hates being judged as the perfect one. He doesn’t like it one bit because he knows that he’s not even a bit at the point of being perfect.

 

He immediately got up from his seat and grabbed his bag before making his way out of the school and into the subway, ready to go home already.

 

“Waaa! I didn’t realize how late it was already” Sungjong thought when he plopped down to the seat of the train, placing his bag on his lap. It was already almost 7 o’clock in the evening. He slowly massaged his slightly aching shoulder, hoping to make the stress go away at least a bit. “It takes all my energy yet it’s also fulfilling......... unlike my old days” He said quietly to himself, not wanting to attract attention from the other passengers. He admits he loves being the Vice President of his school. Yes, it is way hell stressful for him especially when he’s also trying to maintain his high grades at the same time. But he still likes it. He feels like as if he’s making something useful out of his life.

 

Sungjong was a little too ready to take a small nap when hears a low murmur on top of his head. “Hey kiddo.......” He looked up and saw a slightly old man --- well, old enough to be called an ahjussi, around 30s? --- peering below him. The man has that smug look on his eyes as if ready to pounce him any second now.

 

“Eh?” Sungjong answered while looking at the man. He thought that maybe the man just wanted to sit down on his seat since, you know, rules of the nation ---- let the elders sit first before being selfish. Well, there were lots of seats beside so why will the man even bother. There wasn’t that much number of passengers since it was past 6:30 already. He was about to ask when the man said something that cringed the hell out of him.  

 

“How about 10,000 won? My place”

 

Sungjong bit his bottom lip and responded with a low ‘get lost’. “He reeks of alcohol” He thought. One thing that he hated more than being called perfect is a ert. If only he can erase them in the face of the world then he would have done that long ago already.

 

“Come on, kid. Uncle likes you very much” the man persisted and was about to hold his shoulder when a deep voice loomed over the older man’s head.

 

“Oi! Old man! Isn’t it a bit too early for your wet-dream......? or shall I say too late?” The owner of the voice leaned down and placed his left arm on the man’s shoulder.

 

The older man looked back and saw a boy exhibiting a conceited smirk on his handsome face. The man shrugged the arm out of his shoulder and walked away immediately, not wanting to make a ruckus.

 

“Why do you always seem to attract erts?”

 

Yes, Lee sungjong’s present life is perfect. He can no longer wish for anything more already. Yet, there’s still this one dent in his life right in front of him at the moment.

 

Kim Myungsoo

 

“Since before, I guess!” Sungjong meekly answered trying to pry the other away from him already.

 

Unfortunately, what Myungsoo said was the truth. Sungjong was even once almost abducted by an unknown man on his way to school when he was still a child..... and he was also even stalked by a classmate..... and almost harassed by a tutor. Those are one of the memories that he really wants to push to the back of his mind already. But the one that he really really wanted to forget already --- yes, not just push to the back of his mind because that would mean that he would still at least remember it --- was when he became a delinquent. Yes, during his junior high, he was one of those students that made the teachers go crazy just by thinking of plans on how to discipline them.

 

“It was the biggest stain of my life!” Sungjong loudly sighed and stared at the back of the person walking right in front of him.

 

Actually, this stupid person, Kim Myungsoo, moved into his neighbourhood when he was still in his junior high. Well, they were both delinquents --- partners in crime to be exact --- truthfully..... the sad thing about it is that he moved right next door to sungjong’s house!

    

“I’m turning in already” Sungjong exclaimed, feeling the cold air in his little balcony. Well, about that moving right next door to their house, their rooms are even right next to each other.

 

“Why don’t I come over? It’s only one hop away, you know” Myungsoo smirked, yet again, placing his right hand over the handrail of his own balcony and eyeing Sungjong.

 

Sungjong took a quick glance over him and saw how messy Myungsoo’s white top uniform is. He sighed. At least, he had changed from the difficult delinquent to the organized VP. However, Myungsoo didn’t change. He’s still a wily delinquent that gives headache to people of the student body like him.

 

“.... is it my fault?” Sungjong can’t help but think that.

 

“You’re so cold! You used to let me sleep over” Myungsoo said with a mocking tone. He slipped his hand to his pocket and took out a stick of cigarette. He was about to light it already when the cigarette was forcefully yanked out of his hand.

 

“You stupid hyung!! How dare you do that right in front of the Vice President!” Sungjong shouted, snatching the cigarette out of Myungsoo’s hand with wide eyes. He didn’t care whether his voice is too loud for the whole neighbourhood to hear.

 

Myungsoo can’t help but smile upon hearing the outburst of the younger. “the VP, huh?” He uttered bringing his hand back to rest in the handrail. “.... you just reverted back to how you used to call me, sungjong-ah” Myungsoo teased, making the younger’s body tense up a bit.

 

Sungjong shifted his eyes from left to right, thinking of an easy way out. “I’m a changed man now!” He stated. “.....and you should quit smoking, too!” He shouted this time while throwing the stick of cigarette out of Myungsoo’s sight.

 

“If you say so.... I guess I can quit” Myungsoo said looking up at the starry sky. “Since you quit already” Myungsoo eyed him with a knowing smile, this time.

 

The last phrase made Sungjong’s temper boil up in haste. He fisted his hand and immediately slammed the glass door shut before pulling the blinds over, not wanting to see Myungsoo’s face any longer. Sungjong made his way to his bed and sat down. “Why in the name of God does he have to go to our school?!” Sungjong settled on his bed and hugged his teddy bear to sleep.

 

Myungsoo stared at the now shut balcony of Sungjong. He smiled before muttering something and shutting his own window close, ready to go to sleep already.

 

Goodnight, Lee Sungjong

“Hey, Sungjong”

 

Sungjong looked up from the papers that he had been reading to the guy sitting on the far right corner of the room, Hoya, the President of the student council. Actually, he likes Hoya very much. He’s a very responsible person, maybe even more responsible than himself. He leads the whole student body very well. He’s a very good leader and Sungjong admires him for that.

 

“Hmmmm?” Sungjong responded.

 

“What happened to the formidable VP today?” Hoya nonchalantly asked, eyeing the obvious worry and discomfort in Sungjong’s face.

 

“It’s nothing. Let’s just continue this meeting” Sungjong said with a sigh and proceeded to talking about their agenda for today’s meeting. The meeting lasted for about half an hour and was wrapped up when Hoya asked if there were any more questions and that if there is, then the other student council members should not hesitate to ask him or Sungjong.

 

“Hey, I’m going out already. Don’t wanna make my boyfriend angry, do i?” Hoya proclaimed as if it’s not even embarrassing and went out of the student council office.

 

“Aish. I seriously think this guy has a split personality” Sungjong playfully scoffed and arranged the papers that were used during the meeting. He was busy placing the folders on the cabinet when the door of the office suddenly jeered open and in came Sungyeol shouting.

 

“VP, trouble!” Sungyeol only said that one word and Sungjong fully knew already what it meant. He sighed for the hundredth time that day and followed Sungyeol to one of the almost secluded hallways in the school.

 

“I told you to give me your lunch box!” they were not even still there and he can already hear the roaring voice of someone shouting. When they reached the said hallway, he was not even surprised to see one delinquent bullying another student at the end of the hallway. Being the VP, he got used to seeing that scene already. What pisses him off is why can’t these problem students just associate themselves with their own kind and leave the innocent others alone.

 

“Sungyeol hyung, I got this” Sungjong respectfully uttered to the older and made his way to the two boys. Even though he is the Vice president, of course, he still knows how to respect those that are older than him. Well, some of them who's not named Kim Myungsoo, I guess. He stood in front of the delinquent and placed both of his hands to his waist, wanting to look angry. The one being bullied hurriedly scurried away, clutching his backpack close to his body, fear evident in his eyes.

 

“Don’t you know that it’s against the rules to hurt others in this school?” Sungjong said with a very stern and cold voice. “I can get you into suspension if you don’t listen to me”

 

“ you and your rules” the delinquent said and was about to punch him when Sungjong suddenly grabbed his arm. He may look calm and fragile but his strength is not even close to that. He has a thin body but his strength is not something that you can just take as a joke.

 

“Stop it while I’m still trying to be nice”

 

The delinquent sneered and wrenched his arm off Sungjong’s grasp. He faced the younger boy and neared his face to him into a 5 inches gap, causing Sungjong to bend his neck backward away from the guy’s face. “You’re trying to get yourself in trouble, aren’t you VP?” He fisted his hand.

 

“Hey, stop that you-----“ Sungyeol was about to pull the guy off Sungjong, seeing that he was about to punch Sungjong already when someone beat him to it.

 

Sungjong turned his head to the side a bit and saw Myungsoo holding the guy’s hand, twisting it to his back, preventing the guy from punching Sungjong. “I told you not to touch him, didn’t I?” Myungsoo told him in a humourless attitude.

 

“M-Myungsoo” the guy stuttered upon seeing the angry face of Myungsoo in front of him. He gradually retreated his hand back and dashed out of the scene as if his life depended on it.

 

Sungojng cleared his throat and fixed his uniform. “What the hell are you doing here?” He asked, not wanting to admit into thanking Myungsoo.

 

“Not even a thank you?” Myungsoo playfully asked and tilted his head to the side wanting to look innocent, as if.

 

“I have to go already. I have more important things to do than watch you play with me” Sungjong was about to walk away already when Myungsoo stood close in front of him, preventing him from walking away. He leaned a bit and whispered close to Sungjong ear.

 

“I’m not playing with you, Jongie-ya” He whispered and blew a small puff of air into Sungjong’s ear, making the latter wince.

 

Myungsoo placed both of his hands back into his pockets and went to Sungyeol. “Sorry for the commotion, Sungyeol-ssi” He said and walked away with a mischievous smile on his face.

 

Sungjong stood rooted on the floor with both eyes wide.

 

Bathump. Bathump. Bathump.

 

 He can hear his heart beating frantically inside his chest. His mind is in a commotion trying to register what the hell did Myungsoo just do to him.

 

He stayed there for a few more second before hearing something that made him come back to reality.

 

“Sungjong-ah, why did that Kim Myungsoo call you ‘Jongie’?” Sungjong heard Sungyeol asked and, just that, he almost felt his whole world crumbling down into pieces.

 

s h i t.

 

 


So? How is it, everyone? lol. I was excited so I posted the first chapter already!! XD Let me know what you guys think, ok? :))