Dare to love

is there a limit to love?

warning: I don't know why a part of the text is in italic and why the font is like that >.>

21. Dare to love (part1)

 

I don't want to hear.

I don't want to know.

It's just me and you here and there's the only thing that matters.

 

 

 

A family reunion. Again.

Or how you could call the four o them seated cross legged and in circle at Sungmin and Kyuhyun room? It was midnight and despite having worked a lot harder for a lot more late in the night Donghae felt exhausted.

To tell the story to others it felt even worse.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin listen carefully even though Kyuhyun's frown was getting deeper and deeper. But it wasn't Hyukjae speaking but Donghae. He of course, was his usual incoherent self, because if there was one thing Donghae would have always be was to be incapable to tell a story. But he went forward and spilled everything. Despite the deep they were surely in, Hyukjae felt a strong wave of affection towards him. As for Hyukjae the fact that he wasn't freaked out actually was helping Donghae a lot. He had struggled so much thinking about their future difficulties however Hyukjae had made up his mind and he wasn’t afraid anymore.

“ So you are telling u that after all the trouble me and Sugmin hyung went to watch your back, you not only send to each other compromising messages, but you even forget to erase them after?” Kyuhyun asked, like he was talking to someone really dumb. Before Donghae could think to an excuse to justify himself even thoguh he was guilty, Hyukjae opened the mouth to say “yes”. However the explosion Donghae was anticipating didn't come. Kyuhyun and Sungmin exchanged glances like to parents they are about to have a heart to heart conversation with the kids.

“ Ok, so summing up the things could have gone in these two ways:

Hypothesis number one, It was Yuri the one to erase the content. This means you have to go to her and ask for pity. Denying won't help you but it will actually rage her more.

Hypothesis number two, actually this one is the worst scenario.”

“ How can it get worse?” Donghae asked.

“ It's worse when Jungsoo hyung was the one doing it” continued Sungmin “ in that case there's nothing we can do but just wait for the storm and since you are not in the breaking news, I think this might be true”.

Hyukjae passe a hand on his face.

“ Is it crazy that I think the first one is better”. The silence fell upon them. The possibility that their leader was involved seemed terrifying. Dognhae wanted t call Yuri and ask her, but he would probably screw the oly chance he got to pacify her, if she was the one.

“It's better if you contact her first thign in the morning Donghae just to be sure” added Sungmin.

“ thank you guys” replied Hyukjae. “Really”.

“ please, we are friends, Hyuk”

and he putted his head.

“ besides we said we'll watch your back. I don't like to fail my words, you know” said Kyuhyun to which Hyukjae smiled.

After that Hyukjae dragged Donghae to his room. Neither of them didn't even attempt to maintain the appearance.

Once ounder the blankets, Hyukjae whispered.

“ Donghae, if things go bad..”

“ Don't you even start. We are in this together”.

“ I just on't want to drag you down with me.”

“ If anything it's me who dragged you with me, Hyuk. You were pretty persistent”. Hyukjae felt the half smile of Donghae on his neck. He let him hug him tighter without protesting.

“Promise me will never lose us, Hyuk. Seasons can pass, people can hate, but please bury me down in your bones so I won't ever be separated from you.”

Hyukjae trembled and for a moment Donghae thought he was laughing.

 

“ I love you”.

Donghae didn't have to think twice before making him turn and kiss him like his life depended on it.

Hyukjae grabbed Donghae's hair in possession.

And they loved each other like this was their last.

 

 

 

Donghae slipped from Hyukjae’s embrace, first thing in the morning. Somehow he had managed to sleep, mostly thanks to Hyukjae. He turned around to see his sleepy face. Knowing Hyukjae he didn’t fall asleep until Donghae did. So many things changed in those months that he asked himself why it didn’t happen earlier, because eh was so damn happy. There was nothing strange in being in a relationship with your best friend, it seemed so natural now. Like he hadn’t been all along yours, hm? Donghae wanted to let him sleep, trying to think what to do first and what were going to be his words. He stood up to go the bathroom, dress himself and eat something: even though the situation was urgent he knew there was no benefit in rushing it. He knew Yuri. Before they even started to date they were friends for years, he knew she wasn't going to do anything without first talking to Donghae. She would have wanted a confrontation and an explanation. Donghae hoped he would be more eloquent this time around, the good talker has always been Hyukjae.

But when he exited the bathroom he bumped in none other than the latter, still sleepy.

“I’m coming too”

“ I can do it Hyuk” Donghae said, his hands dying to touch him. But Hyukjae looked at him with his stubborn face, the one Donghae knew it would be really hard to dissuade.

“ I don’t think it’s a good idea, I know Yuri better”

“ I can stay in the car, I’ll come only if I hear screams” Donghae nodded because he knew it was a lost battle. Besides he didn’t want to Hyukjae to wait in the apartment, distressing himself to know what happened. Little did he knew that Hyukjae was insisting because he was prepared to get on his knees and beg Yuri if necessary.

Love.

They arrived in front of Yuri’s building at 7 a. m. Donghae knew that it was still early and that Yuri wasn’t required at work till one hour. Donghae exhaled and automatically linked hands with Hyukjae, who squeezed it with affection. In another moment Hyukjae would bark because the moment was too cheesy and Donghae would attack him with kisses, only for the purpose of teasing him and it would end with laughs and kicks in the shins that hurt like hell. Donghae get down the car to enter Yuri’s building. It was a nice building and Yuri lived at the fifth floor, Donghae used to come as often as he could. Once he stood at her door his heart skipped a beat. But before he could knock the door , the door of the apartment close to Yuri's open.  He knew the neighbor, the granny used to try and talk with him every time  he went there.

“If you are looking for that child, she didn’t come back yesterday”. The granny said. Every other time in the past Donghae would have been pissed for the granny to pry so much, but for this once he was quite taken back. He was going to ask why, cause how could that woman know where Yuri was? Donghae thanked her before darting into the elevator again and hurry up to his car. There was only one solution. Go to SM building and wait her there. Why of all the times he couldn't in her apartment, it had to be today?

They drove fast till sm building. “ of all the times” murmured Donghae. “Yeah” replied Hyukjae like reading his mind, which made them smile briefly at each other.

They arrived at Sm building in twenty minutes, both nervous and still uncertain of which of the hypothesis was better. Donghae didn’t want to know how, but it was better for this to end well. Destiny you own me one, you know? Of course Donghae threw his car more than parked but Hyukjae didn’t blink which was a signal of how serious was in reality their situation. They went straight to the language and communication department to look for Yuri, however once they opened the door of her office, it was empty. “ If you are looking for Yuri unnie, she is not here today, she called the day off” said a fellow assistant. They both froze. Why Yuri would have the day off so suddenly? Probably they were having a funny expression because the girl added “ well I know it could be surprising she never called it off even when she was sick, but when the directors are calling you, you run” Donghae stayed freeze unable to digest all the information that were given to him,. Hyukjae was faster and replied.

Yes we artist know this more than anyone.” Then he flashed his smile. “ Do you by any chance know where she is?”

She has a meeting at the head quarters first thing in the morning after a call yesterday. She’ll be busy for a while, then I don’t know, she said something like staying at her sister” Hyukjae then greeted her and dragged Donghae and himself out of there. He dragged him, while Dognhae kept his head own, to their usual practice room.

Hyuk, what if”.

There’s no what if. We are now going upstairs and wait for her and if we miss her we’ll go to her sister’s house.” Yuri has probably looked at his phone and discovered everything. She was probably using this information at his favor and soon Hyukjae and him were going to be called at the main office. The consequence he didn’t even wanted to imagine. Yuri was smart: if she went to the press, they would fire her and Sm legal and press staff would publish an entire file to discredit her, saying this was the act of a psycho ex girlfriend. But that way she was going to obtain a promotion while Hyukjae and Donghae were going to be separated and one of them force to drop, in order to avoid a scandal that could damage Super Junior name.

I’ll go by myself” Donghae knew that if there was a chance that Yuri wasn’t going to say anything, he Donhae was ready to take it. He would convince her with everything he had. Hyukjae didn’t even try to reply.

Sometimes I think I was in love all along.

He went upstairs every step  getting heavier and heavier.  What I’m going to do. Can’t we stay forever together? So does love has limits? Donghae waited for her for the next two hours. He tried to sneak in with the excuse to have something urgent to say to Yuri but the secretary didn’t let him pass. When she exited he stood up and run toward her, with a glint in the eyes he knew was closest to madness. “ Donghae?” Yuri asked. 

They went to a nearby café because Yuri insisted to treat him since he seemed like a ghost. Donghae wasn’t understanding a thing. Why was she so nice? Wasn’t she supposed to slap him, or something else? He had howver the time to message Hyukaje a “There’s a chance” before finding hisnlef in front of Yuri.

“ You know right?” started Yuri after a cappuccino was brought to the both of them. “ Words run fast in Sm, I should know” she said smiling.

“Noona?”

“ You know I’m going to be transferred?”

Dognhae tried so hard to close his mouth and not gape like a fish. What? “Yesterday the directory called me, because they want me to start following a project. You don’t know but Sm is going to debut a new group next year. They want me to follow their work in China and help the public relation team to create contacts there. This will keep me away for a long time.  I accepted because it’s beneficial for my career, it has nothing to do with you even though I won’t be your teacher anymore.”

“ Yuri noona I’m glad, actually. This is a good opportunity” Donghae managed to smile. The relief was giant that he couldn’t even reason properly.

“ Is this why you look so troubled Donghae? Our story has ended and I didn’t take it well but you didn’t disrespect me and you always were good to me. You have nothing to worry about.” 

“Sometimes I tend to jump on wrong conclusions you know me well noona” Donghae smiled more genuinely this time. He wanted to hurry up and tell Hyukjae, so he sipped a big gulp of his coffee nearly burning his tongue.

“ You are always so impatient. But I know the person beside you knows this really well” Donghae looked at her. sTartled. What? Yuri smiled serene.


 

He run to Sm building like a mad man to find Hyukaje still in the same room where he left him, crosslegged on the floor, a worried face He didn't hesitate to jump on him.

“ Ouch,. Donghae! Dognhae?”

“ She didn’t tell anything. Actually she didn’t even touch my phone” he avoided to say what Yuri guessed by herself. Hyukjae visibly relaxed under Donghae’s weight.

“ Thank god” They stayed there letting relief washing them until they realized what actually that meant.

“Jungsoo hyung.


 


 


 

Author's note: here we are at the end. I was supposed to publish everything now, but I saved the second part on the University computer and I forgot to saved it in my memory card. Sigh. I'm still really emotional. Please enjoy this and write some comments, for me this is a really hard moment, never in my life I had it so tough. I stopped writing for two months so big was my slump and situation.

I will put the second part tomorrow.

Thank you for reading this <3