Me? Your Girlfriend?!

Cinderella's Dress

♦♦♦

                After all that happened these past few days, the energy in my body was drained out. I’m not that energized anymore. I kept on thinking about what those girls did to Kris, and what they are about to do to me. Classes are already over. People started to pack their things and went out of the classroom. But I didn’t moved even an inch, I just stared out of the window steadily.

                “Hey, let’s watch Kris oppa. I heard they are playing basketball for P.E.” One of my classmates uttered as she put lip gloss on her small lips.

                “Really?” The other girl asked as she shaded her cheeks with pink blush-on. “Let’s go then! I wanna see him rock the court.” They went out the room while giggling and saying complimenting words about Kris. I think you know what’s inside my mind.

                I haven’t even entered the gym, but I can already hear the voices of the girls cheering, echoing all over inside the place. I took a peek inside, I saw a couple of guys playing with Kris and girls all over the place, cheering and encouraging Kris. Every time Kris made a point, the whole gym seems like it’s going to be demolished by the sound of the shrieking girls. I must say that he’s pretty good with it. I didn’t hesitate and made my way inside, joining the crown in watching.

                A sound of a whistle was plunged in the air. “Five minutes break!”

                ‘’Kris oppa! You did well!”

                “You’re so cool Kris!”

                He didn’t responded to the girls who approached him as he took a seat. He was breathing hard and sweating all over. A bunch of bottled water in a table magnetized my eyes. I walked towards the table and picked up one bottled water. I’m going to give this to him. He must very tired. But it seemed like someone had already offered him a drink before me. I stopped for a moment and watched them.

                “O-oppa. Please take this.” The girl reached out a bottle of soda, her head down. It’s obvious that she was shaking.

                “No thanks.” He said, not making any expressions on his face. Poor girl, I saw the look at her face, completely sad and hurt.

                I walked closer and patted Kris’ shoulder. He looked at my hand first, and then slowly, he looked up at me. He raised an eyebrow, as if questioning me what the hell am I doing here? I stretched out my hand and gestured at the mineral water I am holding. He looked at it, and looked back at me immediately.

                “Drink it, you must hydrate yourself.” I said, almost a whisper. The other girl looked at me, then at Kris, then towards me again. She’s waiting if Kris will accept it or not. Kris snatched the mineral water from my hand and drank it straight off. The girl gasp as she witnessed what just happened. Kris’ throat must have been scorching. He drank it off hungrily.

                “Ahhh. Refreshing.” He showered the rest of the water on his face, closing his eyes as he let the cold water touch his face.

                “Tch. Not even thanking me.” I walked away and went out of the gym. I’m not really in the mood to fight with him today.

                It’s really raining hard this night. I sat beside the window of my bedroom, doing the same thing back in our classroom, staring particularly at nowhere. I stood up slowly and set down on my bed, feeling the pillows around me. I closed my eyes, and not for too long, I fell into a peaceful sleep.

                I heard a music playing, it took me a second to realize that it was “Growl.” Oh I remember, it’s my ringing tone. Someone is calling me. I ran my hand on my study table and grasped my phone. I answered it as soon as I laid my eyes on it. The number was not listed on my contacts list.

                “Hello?”

                “Sulli. Are you already sleeping?” It was a deep but calm voice, very soothing.

                “Who’s this?”

                “I just want to thank you for giving me water. I really appreciate it and… I’m really sorry.”

                What. Is. Happening. Water? Wait, I only gave water to Kris. He is calling me?

                “Sulli! Hey, Sulli!” It was another voice. “Wake up already sweetie!” I opened my eyes and saw mom. Oh, it was just a dream. “Remember, you’re going to help me pick-up flowers! They are all in full bloom now.”

                “Yes mom, just give me a minute all right?”

                “So how are you and Kris?” She asked cheerfully.

                I saw question marks all over the place. How did mom know?? I turned to look at her with surprise. “H-how did you know?”

                “Come on sweetie, he just lives across the road!”

                “Mom, he’s not Kris. He’s Luhan.”

                “Luhan? But I just heard you saying Kris repeatedly when you’re sleeping. Aigooo~ my baby has a lot of boys.” She giggled as she set out of my room. “Get moving will you? I’ll wait for you outside!” She called from the kitchen.

                I made a long stare at the ceiling. “I did that? I can’t believe this.”

                Since it rained hard last night, it was really muddy in the garden. My clothes were stained by dirt and mud as I helped mom cut flowers. My face is a mess with mud as well.

                “Sulli! You should’ve not worn that~ that’s too beautiful to be stained.” My mom said as she arranged the flowers in the basket.

                “It’s too late mom, already stained with mud.” I chuckled as I continued to cut as many flowers as I can.

                “Sis!” It was my aunt.

                “Yes dear sis?!” My mom called back.

                “A young handsome man is going to buy a bouquet! Can you take my place for a moment? I’m going to cook lunch for us!”

                “Okay! Hey sweetie, go hit on that young handsome man. I’m still going to arrange this up.”

                “Handsome man ehh? We’ll see.” I jumped up and brushed the dirt from my face and my legs. But it seemed that it had no effect, it just won’t get off. Screw this! Whoever this young handsome man is, he doesn’t even know me. So what’s the point on making myself look presentable?

                “Coming right up!” I ran towards the shop and prepared the bouquet of flower for the costumer.

                “Here’s the payment giant missy.” The customer said.

                That got me for a moment. Giant missy? Oh my… Don’t tell me?? I looked backwards and saw what I didn’t expected my eyes to see.

                “What the hell???” The words seemed like it came out on my mouth without permission.

                Kris smirked and dropped the money on the table. I looked at him from head to toe, he looked… elegant. I wonder what’s with him?

                “Will you stop staring at me? It’s creepy.” He said as he snatched the bouquet from me.

                “Whoooa~ what’s with your outfit?” I’m still can’t believe he’s wearing something like that.

                “Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that? What’s with your outfit?” He raised his eyebrow as he looked back at me from head to toe. I just remembered and realized, I looked like a beggar today. And I can’t believe this, I’m blushing!

                I shook my head. “What’s with you anyway? Going on a date?”

                “Yeah I guess.” He said as he looked around the shop.

                I don’t why but I suddenly felt a stab on my chest. “Omooo~ with whom?” I made my voice sound lively and bright.

                He stopped looking around the shop and laid his eyes on mine. “With you.”

                Those two words had punched me a lot of times. Me?? A date with him?!!

                “W-what?!!” I cried out.

                “You heard me. And I think you just look great that way.”

                “Are you insulting me?”

                “It’s almost lunch time. Let’s go now.” He grabbed my hand and threw me inside his car. “You behave understand?”

                “Let me out! Let me out! Where are you taking me?”

                “To my house.” He started the engine and drove fast just like the last time.

                “I still have something to do!”

                “I don’t care. My mom is waiting.”

                “W-wait.” I laughed hysterically. “Your mom? But why are you taking me with you??!” This is crazy!

                “I’ll introduce you to her as my girlfriend.”

                “WHAAAAAAT??!”