The Hardest Thing

Forced [Incomplete]

“Misty.” Kai walked in to the dark library and traced his hands along the walls until his leg bumped in to me. I was sitting against the wall, contemplating my plans to save Appa.

“Yea?” I spoke softly, trying to sound happy.

“Are you okay?” Kai knelt down and cupped my face with his hands.

“I’m okay just tired of sitting around and doing nothing.”  I closed lip smiled for a second before Kai leaned down and kissed my forehead.

“I promise everything is going to be okay.” He then kissed to cheeks and to my lips before hugging me and nuzzling in to my neck. I guess no matter what façade I put up Kai can see through it. That will only make things more difficult. “Come on, everyone is here now and want to talk in the dining room. Kai stood up and held his down for me to take.

 We held hands all the way to the dining hall no matter how much I knew it would make things worse. I couldn’t bring myself to let go of his soft hands. Kai pulled a chair out for me beside Kyungsoo, who pat my back gently. Kai sat next to me with Yixing across from me and Luhan beside him, watching me attentively. Kris of course was at the head of the table with Tao, xiumin and Chen flanking him. At the opposite end of the table Suho sat with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, with Sehun sitting beside Luhan.

 “We’re all here now.” Kris spoke sternly. “Let’s get down to making a plan.” Everyone in the room shifted in their seats to scoot closer to the table. “Any ideas?”
 

“We could surround Eulji Road by running along the roof tops. No one would think to look for people there.” Suho offered.
 

“Everyone thinks to check roof tops.” Chen rolled his eyes at Suho. “I say we use the sewer system.” actually not a bad idea, gross, ut not bad.

“Gross no!” Baekhyun hissed.

“Shut up diva, you get to use your light.” Chen defended. “Besides I don’t hear any better ideas.”

“We could dress one of us up as Misty and walk in as a distraction, then get her Appa out of there and leave.”  Yixing spoke up.

“That could actually work,” Kris mused, “if all of you weren’t possibly the ugliest options to make chicks.” He chuckled, followed by an eye roll.

“What are you thinking Misty?” Kyungsoo put his hand over mine and looked at me concerned. I hadn’t even noticed I was biting my lip and balling my hands up.

 They don't know I have my own plan. Sitting in the library gave me my own ideas. The lighted scenes on the wall made it clear to me what I am to do.

“I think these are all potentially good ideas but none of them ensure your safety.” I spoke up.

“Our safety isn’t what matters here. It’s saving your father. You’re the only one of us left with a parent, as long as we get him out everything will be okay.” Xiumin interrupted.

“Wait!” Luhan looked at me distraught, like he was on the verge of tears. “Why can’t I hear your thoughts?”  I  used a mental block to keep him out of my head. I need everyone to not freak out at my idea so its best they just not hear it.

“I – um.” I bit my lips and looked away from him. I looked to the clock, it was 10:30pm. I have a few hours to get ready. “I’m really sorry about this.” I said softly.

 As I stood up Kai looked at me confused and clung to my hand. I looked down at him apologetically as a tear rolled down my cheek.

“This is something I must do on my own, okay?” I looked around the table at the shocked faces. “I know what I have to do but it’s going to be hard. In order for me to save my Appa and keep you all safe I have to erase some things okay?” I was sobbing at tears poured down cheeks. “I love you all so much, you are the kindest people I have met in my life, even Kris.” I stepped away from table and stood back a few feet, 12 heads following me.

“Yah! What are you doing?!” Kris stood up angrily.

“Sit!” I sputtered. Just like that Kris stumbled back in to his chair against his own will and looked even more furious.

“Don’t do this Misty.” Kai pleaded as he struggled to try and stand up. None of them would be able to move though until an hour after midnight. I made it so. “Please don’t think you have to do this alone we want to help you. You are ours to protect.”

 “No, I have to protect you guys and everyone else out there.” I choked a sob back and covered my face with my hands as a cry racked my body. I wiped my cheeks and sniffled before straightening myself out. “All of you will forget the past day and listen to me.” I spoke with as much authority as I could muster. The faces before me dulled as pleading faces melted to sereneness. “You’re not going to remember any letter I got, no one being kidnapped and mostly you’re going to forget I came here today.” I swallowed hard and balled my fists up tight. “Lastly, none of you are allowed to move until an hour after midnight. When you can finally move you will remember this as being an emergency meeting because Yixing found a new book on his door step with some very crucial information.”  I nodded.

 My plan is now in affect but I don’t feel any closer to progress. I looked around the room one last time at the confused looks still in a daze. At one am they’ll come out of this silent coma and continue their lives as normal as possible. It’s all I could have wanted. I walked over to Kai and kissed him one last time on his lips and whispered a soft goodbye. I ignored the tears streaming down his cheeks in thin weaving lines.

 I made it to the hallway in time before I broke down and cried hard on the floor. I was on a time constraint but that took a lot of mental strength to do so the least I can do it take a moment to cope. A moment is all I had though. I need to get supplies.

                                                                                  
 
  I ported to my room and ransacked my drawers. This may not be a movie but the best attire for going in to battle these days seems to be black pants, a black shirt and boots. The problem with wearing tight clothes was nowhere to conceal a weapon. I thought about it and remembered a black frilly dress I had. No one suspects the girl in a dress has superpowers to knock someone out. I slipped on some black tights and slid my black converse on. I left my coat in the cave home so I’ll have to wear my purple hoodie. At least this way the dress looks like a skirt with leggings underneath. I also don’t look conspicuous enough to be noticed but then again I have something extra for that.

 Before I left I needed to look up how to even get to Eulji. It was in northern district of Seoul so I’d probably port somewhere nearby. I quickly grabbed my laptop and looked up directions. I remember when Appa’s work building, on Wando Islanded, had a busted pipe. He and a piping contractor were looking at pipeline and sewer routes to see where the new pipes should go. I thought the sewer maps were cool and the contractor told me every town and city had public sewer maps. All I had to do to see them was go to the nearest city hall of the area and ask to see them or make copies.

 It’s too risky to go as myself. I’ll have to go as someone important looking. Not like some teenager up to no good. But who? Ah!

 I’m on the internet, how can I not know who to look like?! A few clicks and I was on a website that showed a composite picture of the average female Korean. Unsurprisingly the average female looks very plain and mature. The perfect look. I stood up and looked in the mirror on my wall and skinwalked to mimic a very close version of the composite picture. No one should recognize me but feel I was a bit familiar, just enough to trust. Now there was only thing to grab before I walked out the door and went to city hall. I rummaged around in the bottom of my closet in an old box until I felt the cold mysterious item. I hope don’t have to use it but just in case I’ll bring it. The cold steel made me jump as I pushed it in my hoodie sleeve.

Time to go.


  The basement of the Upper Seoul City Hall was damp and moldy smelling but it offered the perfect seclusion I need to port without getting caught. The lights were dim and plastic curtains hung everywhere signaling a renovation. I ducked my head to avoid hitting it on low hanging pipes and beams. If I could find a file room I could easily find the blue prints of the water system. Walking through the maze of plastic tarps had me losing my sanity though. Often times I thought I saw figures moving but when I turned a corner it would just be drop cloths swaying from the air conditioner.

 “Hey you!” I jumped back as a deep voice shouted from 20 feet away. “What are you doing down here? Construction workers only.” He knocked his bright yellow helmet.

“Sorry.” I said as I walked up to him with small cautious steps. “I thought the B on the door meant bathroom, not basement.” I smiled sweetly.

“Rookie mistake. A pretty lady like you doesn’t belong down here.” He smirked back creepily and winked before his lips slowly. “You might get hurt.”

“Ew, gross.” I cringed openly and scrunched my nose.

“Excuse me?” He dropped his expression and looked at me mad. “You should watch your mouth or you will get hurt.”

“ this.” I rolled my eyes and squinted at him. “You will answer all my questions truthfully, arasso?” I stared deep in his eyes and concentrated on taking control of him. I didn’t like controlling someone but the guy obviously doesn’t have too many good intentions. Talking to someone like that who is half his age is gross. Even though I probably look 30 to him. The wedding band on his ring finger makes him even more disgusting.

“I understand.” He spoke robotically.

“Where are the blue prints for the sewer system that runs under Eulji road?” I held eye contact.

“Someone got them three weeks ago.” He said. That makes no sense. Who else would need them?

“Who?”

“I’m not sure.”

“What did they look like?” I snarled as I stepped closer, demanding he dig deeper in to his conscious.

“She was short, maybe 18 or 20, damn fine legs and perky s. She was with 4 other guys. She took all the blue prints.“ What would an 18-20 year old need with city blue prints? Why is this guy such a ert?!

“Did she say anything, like why she needed them?” I pressed on.

“She didn’t let me in the room with her.”

“Are you sure you didn’t listen in on her because she was a young attractive girl?” Grabbing his arm I squeezed it as tight as I could and sent a shock through him.

“F-Fine!!” He sputtered. “I listened from the air vents. She said something about keeping 12 idiots and a queen in sight. Taking the blue prints was a precaution.”

“For what?” I shocked him again.

“I don’t know!” He can’t lie to me so I know he is telling the truth. I released his arm and took a step back.

“Now listen to me.” I spoke sternly as he nodded. “Stop hitting on random women. You love your spouse dearly and will devote so much to her from now on to make up for being a ty husband.” Even if I’ll never have that life it will be nice to make it happen for someone else. “Every day you will tell her how beautiful she is and tell your children the same thing. You will greet everyone with a warm smile just like my Appa has every day for his entire life. Got it?”

  The man just nodded as he still appeared to be in a daze.

“Wait.” He spoke softly. “If you still need maps of the sewer system you can use my company’s handheld navigation system.”

 “Holy you couldn’t have said that ten minutes ago?” Brilliant. He reached in his back pocket and handed me a hand held gps system.

“I don’t why I told you that but I feel like you’ve changed my life.” He smiled.

“I hope so.” I looked at him before stepping away and looking in his pupils one last time. “Now forget me.” I stepped behind a curtain and watched his shadow as he walked away, getting back to work.

  
   I stood behind city hall looking at a flat sewer lid. I debated the risk of taking this route but it offered too many things. Whoever took the blue prints, took them so I can’t take the underground route to sneak up on them but they didn’t account for a gps system with the routes uploaded. If I sneak up on them I can survey whoever took my father and take them out on my own and get out of there, no casualties. That’s what I want more than anything.

   My underground adventure begins right now, at eleven thirty. In just a half an hour I will have changed the fate of the world and if that doesn’t guarantee me a contract to my own TV show then I don’t know what does.


AN: I hope all that celebrated thanksgiving had a nice holiday and for those of you who didnt, have this story a day late and be thankful for it ya peasants. Be thankful for that. Haha I'm kidding, I'm not that arrogant but really I hope you all take time everyday to be thankful for something. Like kpop, fanfics, oppa, unnie, noona, dongsaeng. Whoever. I am thankful for all my subscribers and friends I have made on here and you all stick with me another year.

                            comment - subscribe - rate - be thankful